PDA

View Full Version : tokiko dspec

klik
02-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Its time to change my struts ive been riding on stock since i was lowered back in 2004. Im thinking about tokico dspec what are you guys opinion on this shocks. Ive search but it seems like everyone is using konis but i dont want all that work to put them in. Im lowered on hr 2" springs by the way. Thanks.

02_epdriver
02-27-2012, 12:58 PM
I'm in the market looking for a different brand because all the tokico brands seem to die way to fast. I had a set a blues (HP) lasted a year and a half, (d spec) maybe a yr and and one last final set of blues on the car now and it's been about a yr and a half. They dont last worth a shit. That is why they are the cheapest as well. Save your money and get something half way decent

ohdamngetit
02-27-2012, 01:56 PM
I've had my D-Specs on with Progress Drop Springs for 3 years now... no problems :)

klik
02-27-2012, 02:15 PM
So dspec is decent then.

ohdamngetit
02-27-2012, 02:59 PM
IMO, I would say so. I've done my " spirited driving " and the suspension handled no problem. I've set the suspension from hard to soft to middle countless times ( which is very easy btw ) and they're still good.

Full Frame
02-29-2012, 03:01 PM
ive had them for 4 years. d specs with hr springs. no issues although i think my rears are starting to blow a bit. Not as stiff as they once were. They are a solid strut!

Coldth1
03-01-2012, 04:54 PM
I have dspec with h&r spring work good. Selling them soon putting coils on but ride really nice

Rasy
03-02-2012, 11:16 AM
I have dspec with h&r spring work good. Selling them soon putting coils on but ride really nice

I second that setup. What I have on my car. Adjusting the struts is very simple, and doesn't require a special key (though they give you one), but it's just an allen wrench spoke.

3-4 years, and still going on strong.