PDA

View Full Version : VPB with white rims/wheels - Thoughts? Pics?

StimulisRK
03-01-2012, 09:46 AM
My friend is hooking me up with a good deal on powder coating for my stock 15's. I was just gonna do a dark grey/gunmetal/black but he's thinking white would be sick.

I'd love to do like a gloss white, but I mean they're the stock 15's...is that a little too bold haha? What do you guys think? Got any pics of white stocks? Especially on a VBP

Thanks!

civicSIracer
03-01-2012, 10:17 AM
painted stock wheels is gay. doesn't matter what color you do. leave them alone and save for rims if that what you want

e p 3
03-01-2012, 10:20 AM
You should go black, but blue would be even better.White wheels stock aren't that good to look at,maybe for a tw or ssm and dark colored wheels for vbp,euroyellow and nhbp. Show pics right away when it's ready.Thanks.

e p 3
03-01-2012, 10:29 AM
You should go black, but blue would be even better.White wheels stock aren't that good to look at,maybe for a tw or ssm and dark colored wheels for vbp,euroyellow and nhbp. Show pics right away when it's ready.Thanks.

303EP
03-01-2012, 10:42 AM
I like white on blue (obviously) but on stock wheels idk how that'd look

ImportCustomx
03-01-2012, 11:08 AM
factory wheels look terrible in white on our car. they are to small.

ace of spades
03-01-2012, 11:57 AM
painted stock wheels is gay. doesn't matter what color you do. leave them alone and save for rims if that what you want

what he said

tlikethedrink
03-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Stock wheels are hit or miss when painted. The 4 lug wheels might not look bad.. Maybe a red H in the middle to set it off.

White wheels are a pain to keep clean tho.
Less then a year now on white and i can't wait to go back to gun metal

MattG80
03-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Gun metal or bronze both look great on stockies. Maybe with a red or black H.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

BeaterEP
03-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Visually, white wheels will look a little bigger. That's how our brains work; brighter things appear bigger or more prominent. That's why a set of white Buddy Club wheels seem to pop on a VBP car, a la Strife from back in the day.
Stockies might look kinda strange though. 02/03s are a maybe, 04/05s are a definite negative IMHO.

mitchlikesbikes
03-01-2012, 06:28 PM
some 04-05s look good painted i think.

my RSX blades look great in white on my NHBP. just because they're OEM doesn't mean they HAVE to stay silver.

however, that being said, the 02-03s are way too dinky and lame to even be worth powdercoating.

StimulisRK
03-01-2012, 08:41 PM
some 04-05s look good painted i think.

my RSX blades look great in white on my NHBP. just because they're OEM doesn't mean they HAVE to stay silver.

however, that being said, the 02-03s are way too dinky and lame to even be worth powdercoating.

My thoughts exactly - BUT the previous owner did some HORRIBLE paint job on the stocks years ago, and I hate looking at them. My friend powder coats and is gonna hook me up too. If it wasn't for that I'd have just left them the stock silver. I just wanna do something before I take my snow setup off and put the stocks back on.

mitchlikesbikes
03-01-2012, 10:09 PM
hmmm. well if you're gonna go through the effort of having them done, might as well get something other than silver. i'd go with either gunmetal grey or white. either would look pretty good IMO

usedep3
03-02-2012, 12:02 AM
White is so hard to keep clean. OCD made me sell the white EP3R wheels to get a set of gunmetal ones.

I say powder coat gunmetal or black.

tlikethedrink
03-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Visually, white wheels will look a little bigger. That's how our brains work; brighter things appear bigger or more prominent. That's why a set of white Buddy Club wheels seem to pop on a VBP car, a la Strife from back in the day.
Stockies might look kinda strange though. 02/03s are a maybe, 04/05s are a definite negative IMHO.

Agreed! Colors can be tricky when it comes to looking bigger... My gunmetal wheels used to have a orange stripe inside the lip, the orange stipe brought the focus to that part of the wheel and made the
Look more like 14's then the 16's they are.
For the size I would say go white. But keeping them clean gets old quick. If your buddy is hooking you up- I would maybe try to find a set of used wheels. That bolt pattern should have tons of used options or Craigslist and such. I would drop like 150 bucks on a set of 16's and coat or paint them if I was you.