PDA

View Full Version : one of our members getting bashed on k20a

monjarassi
03-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Dam just seen this on k20a and some member bought 03k20a3si's built tranny and now the guy is bashing him. check it out peeps,

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=101006

AttarixEp
03-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Saw that earlier today, didn't have time to read until now.

usedep3
03-01-2012, 08:53 PM
I saw this one crsx and was waiting for him to chime in. We shouldn't pass judgment at all but if we do, he should be able to plead his case

Jukka
03-01-2012, 08:58 PM
I like how they really didn't specify how much time he actually had it in the car for, nor how long ago he bought the trans. If you look at his FS thread from CRSX, it was last edited on December 7th, 2011 (my guess is to say it was sold). So this guy's had the trans for almost 2 full months now (most likely), and only decided to post this today? something goes bad...blames guy he bought it from. Good philosophy. Hopefully they can sort this out.

AttarixEp
03-01-2012, 09:02 PM
What can Paypal actually do? The guy put the trans in his car and drove it. No proof he didn't screw something up himself.

usedep3
03-02-2012, 12:05 AM
I like how they really didn't specify how much time he actually had it in the car for, nor how long ago he bought the trans. If you look at his FS thread from CRSX, it was last edited on December 7th, 2011 (my guess is to say it was sold). So this guy's had the trans for almost 2 full months now (most likely), and only decided to post this today? something goes bad...blames guy he bought it from. Good philosophy. Hopefully they can sort this out.

What can Paypal actually do? The guy put the trans in his car and drove it. No proof he didn't screw something up himself.

agreed!

03k20a3si responded on crsx and it seems like he tried. I think he went above and beyond. Hopefully everything works out for both parties

Danielsle
03-02-2012, 09:36 AM

x2.

gtolio
03-02-2012, 10:20 AM

Yeah.. this smells like BS.

How is the seller supposed to know what happened with the tranny after it was sent to the buyer?

I've been through this shit before and it seems like every time people want to run to the rescue of the buyer. I sold some DC5R wheels to a guy on a different forum locally once. The wheels were perfect when I sold them to him. He claimed up and down that one of the wheels was bent and couldn't be balanced, and that I screwed him. Then he continued to slander me left and right in our local community, to our mutual friends, and on the forums. I eventually ended up giving him $200 back as a measure of good faith. A year or so later, I come to find out that he sold the wheels to another one of our friends and that the guy had them balanced no problem. As it turned out, they were just balanced incorrectly.

Shit like this fucking pisses me off, I guess mostly because as a seller, I go out of my way to point out everything and be up front. If you are buying something used, it is your responsibility as the buyer to inspect the goods or to take the risk if you're not willing to do that. If you don't like that, then buy new parts, it's that simple.

02_epdriver
03-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Yeah.. this smells like BS.

How is the seller supposed to know what happened with the tranny after it was sent to the buyer?

I've been through this shit before and it seems like every time people want to run to the rescue of the buyer. I sold some DC5R wheels to a guy on a different forum locally once. The wheels were perfect when I sold them to him. He claimed up and down that one of the wheels were bent and couldn't be balanced, and that I screwed him. Then he continued to slander me left and right in our local community, to our mutual friends, and on the forums. I eventually ended up giving him $200 back as a measure of good faith. A year or so later, I come to find out that he sold the wheels to another one of our friends and that the guy had them balanced no problem. As it turned out, they were just balanced incorrectly.

Shit like this fucking pisses me off, I guess mostly because as a seller, I go out of my way to point out everything and be up front. If you are buying something used, it is your responsibility as the buyer to inspect the goods or to take the risk if you're not willing to do that. If you don't like that, then buy new parts, it's that simple.

Agreed! I dont mind buying used parts. I'm just picky that is why I usually just buy new stuff. There are plenty of POS people out their that ruin a good name.

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
03-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Some ppl just live to take advantage of other ppl. Smh

umdorado
03-15-2012, 03:27 PM
Case resolved ;)

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
03-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Case resolved ;)

So how did it end up?

RHCP0801
03-15-2012, 04:50 PM
read the thread in the link

AttarixEp
03-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Good deal on both parts. Started a little more harsh than need be, but at least respectable in the end.

ep3k20
03-15-2012, 06:02 PM
sounds to me like the guy bought (knowingly mind you) a used tranny and as far as calvin was concerned, worked fine when it was in his car. the other member had it in his car well over 2 months in which time he himself could have harped on that thing so bad that it failed and now he is trying to save face by his own fuck up by blaming calvin. tsk tsk. total bs on the buyers part not on Calvin's. i can see right through the lies and if i had to place a bet, the buyer screwed the trans up and because he already spent a grip of money on it (which he admits he is now too broke to fix it) he is fabricating this bs story making calvin look bad and whats more, posting total bs info about him on a post so that everyone feels sorry for him and so that Calvin's good name is at stake...so of course calvin is going to do whatever he can to make it right! he makes a living from selling parts to people, and this sort of bad news could be very detrimental to his future selling proceedings. i call bs on the buyer, man up and own up to your own fuck up and stop being a little bitch trying to bring the ship down with full crew on board. fin-

Tnhatch03
03-16-2012, 05:49 AM
yeah, i read the entire thread. did not know how long he had the transmission, but was very suspicious about how all those parts became messed up. unless he did not know how to drive with the transmission, the buyer could have very well jacked things up.

i did not see as much bashing as i thought there was going to be.

EP3Lov3
03-29-2012, 12:01 PM
Hate people that can't take responsibility for their own mistakes