PDA

View Full Version : Replica type r vs. real type r

giozilla
03-04-2012, 11:52 AM
are there any major difference if i get a USDM type r kit rather then just buying a Jdm type r front end?

Danielsle
03-04-2012, 12:27 PM
are there any major difference if i get a USDM type r kit rather then just buying a Jdm type r front end?

JDM = No bumper lights and indention of the bumper where the license plate goes. It also is slimmer in comparison.

USDM = cheaper

Up to you.

preludeh22vtec
03-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Who sells this "USDM Type R kit"?

usedep3
03-04-2012, 12:44 PM
you can get it from one of our vendors. chuck @ showstoppers has always treated me well.

charles
03-04-2012, 02:22 PM

- big price difference
- quality
- fitment
- durability
- overall looks

giozilla
03-04-2012, 04:58 PM
hmm i wanted the mugen usdm lip but i did not want to look to generic.. and its so expenive for the jdm one..

#collegekidstruggles

charles
03-04-2012, 07:33 PM
well it wont really be generic since you have an ep. whatever you do to it, or not dont, it will stand out. common sense, buy what you can afford

usedep3
03-04-2012, 09:04 PM
charles is so sensible lol

is say use your college loans. what else are you gonna spend that money on? food and books are for pussies

The King
03-05-2012, 12:52 AM
- big price difference
- quality
- fitment
- durability
- overall looks

I agree and disagree, HFP lip kit is just as durable as everything else and is pretty good quality too might I add. JDM, cometically looks "better" because for what it's worth it shortens your car. I personally don't think it's better. HFP is clean, I had one and would buy one again, JDM, for weight reasons, is better, but it just depends on how deep your pockets are. I wouldn't spend the money though, it's just a tad bit unreasonable :shakehead:

charles
03-05-2012, 08:36 AM
charles is so sensible lol

is say use your college loans. what else are you gonna spend that money on? food and books are for pussies

Lol. I'm only sensible after a good nights rest

I agree and disagree, HFP lip kit is just as durable as everything else and is pretty good quality too might I add. JDM, cometically looks "better" because for what it's worth it shortens your car. I personally don't think it's better. HFP is clean, I had one and would buy one again, JDM, for weight reasons, is better, but it just depends on how deep your pockets are. I wouldn't spend the money though, it's just a tad bit unreasonable :shakehead:

I think hfp is great. But the comparison is between fiberglass replica ctr and OEM ctr.

giozilla
03-05-2012, 09:10 AM
I already have the oem ctr rear.. it came with the car.. sold the ctr wing getting a mugen one in a few weeks.

Idk i'll just wait it out.. taxes should be here soon.. I havent even drove my ep3 yet lol.. i still need kpro.. I just swapped a z3 in it.. i bought the ep3 as a shell =]

The King
03-05-2012, 11:57 PM
I think hfp is great. But the comparison is between fiberglass replica ctr and OEM ctr.

My bad, I said one thing and was thinking another. I don't think it matters, the CTR looks better but is more expensive, at the end of the day, they both crack in an accident, lol.

superchargedk20
03-06-2012, 03:26 AM
My ctr replica side skirts never fit. Ended up having to buy real ctr skirts. Go with the real deal if u can afford it

giozilla
03-06-2012, 05:21 AM
Ya I'm just gonna take my time and just get the oem one.. Hopefully I find a good deal