PDA

View Full Version : looking for new clutch

dj addicted
03-05-2012, 08:16 AM
I am in the market for a new clutch. I am looking for the clutch that will give me the most amount of miles. I currently have an exedy stage 2 (second one) and I got a maximum of 15000 of good grip and I don't track/race my car at all. 15000 blows. I got 100,000 on my oem and 60K of that was with the turbo and me driving like a nutjob.

What would you all recommend? I do plan on getting a new flywheel since the A2 flywheel I am currently using has already been resurfaced twice now.

I rarely beat on the car anymore and if I do, it is just on an onramp or something like that.

I was leaning towards just the exedy stage 1 organic and an OEM Flywheel (New). What do you think?

Any other suggestions?

mods:
Cybernation turbo kit (roughly 250whp).

dj addicted
03-07-2012, 06:58 AM
So nobody has any input?:shrug:

Civic5lug
03-07-2012, 06:13 PM
:hay:

Since your rockin a turbo I'd keep with an OEM weight flywheel to help carry the tq. But to make it feel faster (lol) throw a street light flywheel in.For a clutch, try a comp clutch stage 2. My buddy had it in his rsx-s with a blower and it held up REALLY good. I haven't had too much luck with exedy in any of my cars.

dj addicted
03-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the reply. I honestly forgot about CC clutches. I did plan on an oem flywheel. I emailed CC to see aout mileage. Hopefully it is more than exedy.