PDA

View Full Version : AttarixEp TURBO build!!!!! Slow Process, Big Results

AttarixEp
03-06-2012, 07:57 PM
Hey guys, decided now's as good a time as any to start my turbo build thread! It's going to be a slow methodical process, but well worth it!

My basic set up will be K24a2 with an HTA 35r turbo on E85 to a goal of 650+whp

The bay will be undergoing transformation as well. Specific set up will remain secret until it is done. Not doing a full shave super crazy clean. The car will be driven and beat from time to time, and I will show it the same. Basically cleaning up the bay with a wire tuck, braided lines, and most importantly....... ditching the ugly sheet metal core support for a full chromolly tube setup (details will remain secret so the guys with the big bucks who find this on Google don't go and copy)

Feel free to comment! This will be a long process as I have a big year ahead of me financially, going to Europe for 2 weeks, along with finishing off the majority of my loans this year.

First was pull the K24 (previously JRSC tuned to 293whp)
Following strict directions written up by a guy I work with:
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/enginebuild3.jpg
JRSC and front end pulled
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/enginebuild.jpg
Couple chains and elbow grease along with one swift "tug"
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/enginebuild1.jpg
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/enginebuild2.jpg
Block in the rental minivan. Sent out to Innovative Motorworks in Carlisle Pa to be built by D-Rob. Amazing guys who do some great work. Highly recommend as they came recommended to me VIA a local guy on K20a. Block undergoing full sleeving process by Benson, to 87mm. Cp 10.8:1 pistons, Manley turbo tuff rods. (will be getting this allback in just a few short weeks!)
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/enginebuild4.jpg
K24a2 head will be getting the following goodies.
Brian Crower stage 2 cams, Supertech: valves(both sides), dual springs, seats, retainers, seals, keepers.
Valves will be 5 angle cut
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/enginebuild5.jpg

More to come with more info. That's all I got for now. Enjoy and keep checking back!

Ba82Ep3
03-06-2012, 09:07 PM
NOICE! :thumbu:

04EP3Hatch
03-06-2012, 09:11 PM
like where this is goin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

monjarassi
03-06-2012, 09:15 PM
nice, clever way to pull the motor... heheheh

AttarixEp
03-06-2012, 09:24 PM
nice, clever way to pull the motor... heheheh

It's parked in a 10x20 garage. The car was as far back as it could go, the hoist was as far back as it could go. Being the guy spending all the money and time. I was controlling the hoist while my buddy was on the business end : )

AttarixEp
03-06-2012, 09:56 PM
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/enginebuild6.jpg

02_epdriver
03-07-2012, 11:58 PM
big cheese big power. Lookin good

fEPst3r
03-08-2012, 01:26 AM
if you were gonna sleeve it why not bump it to 88mm

AttarixEp
03-08-2012, 06:42 AM
if you were gonna sleeve it why not bump it to 88mm

Because realistically with guys hitting those numbers on 86mm k20 blocks, 87 is plenty sufficient. The sleeves are going in for protection and reliability more than for giving me more material to go bigger. Not saying this can't change one day.

Ba82Ep3
03-08-2012, 08:45 AM
The sleeves are going in for protection and reliability more than for giving me more material to go bigger.

:thumbu:

Its not always about pushing the limits.

sleepy ep3
03-08-2012, 11:37 AM
gonna be a beast

Kerby
03-08-2012, 01:28 PM
can you send me a PM on how much they charging you to do the headwork and block? They going to put the two together and basically give you a short block?

AttarixEp
03-08-2012, 05:24 PM
can you send me a PM on how much they charging you to do the headwork and block? They going to put the two together and basically give you a short block?

Pm sent.

Its not always about pushing the limits.

That's how I feel. I think if I didn't care about pushing the limits, all those pics would be of turbo parts, and I would have a dyno printout posted already. But it's only a matter of time before I post a "WTF happened to my engine" thread.

Also I hate the feeling of, "wonder how hard I'm pushing this engine? I'm 40 miles from home, how much is a flat bed going to cost if it blows up right now?"

Civic5lug
03-08-2012, 05:46 PM
:popcorn:

Because realistically with guys hitting those numbers on 86mm k20 blocks, 87 is plenty sufficient. The sleeves are going in for protection and reliability more than for giving me more material to go bigger. Not saying this can't change one day.

Ba82Ep3
03-08-2012, 06:17 PM
That's how I feel. I think if I didn't care about pushing the limits, all those pics would be of turbo parts, and I would have a dyno printout posted already. But it's only a matter of time before I post a "WTF happened to my engine" thread.

To me... this ^ is the difference between a 'tuner' gearhead and your average person that assembles purchased parts for dyno sheets/internet cred. Theres a difference between BUILDING something, and just slappin shit together.

I dont say this to step on any toes. I dont think we really have anyone on here that blows wads of $$$ on a build without some form of personal involvement... but there are plenty of these types to be found on other sites...

AttarixEp
03-08-2012, 07:24 PM
K20A is riddled with stock engine high hp builds. I have nothing against that. If you want quick power, the K delivers. Maybe it's be, working at an automotive shop with nothing but "no replacement for displacement" guys, maybe it's just seeing too many bolt on, quick power goal, half ass builds that bring the "ricer" world 2 steps back from respect (by this I'm talking universal muffler, ebay CAI, cheap shit, not bashing the bolt on 300whp guys as I was until recently one of them)

My theory is, once you cut a corner and realize you can get away with it for a while, the whole car ends up that way. I'm in the mindset that my ep is a PROJECT car that won't be ready this summer. May not be ready next summer. But the summer after, you better believe it will be out and about, pushing 650+whp burning all the corn this country can grow. And there will be a smile on my face the whole time because I know in my head that I didn't spare a dime, and I set out to build what I wanted the first time.

I don't care if your goal is 300hp. If you put everything you got into making that the best 300hp that can be built. Then you've earned respect. If you slap on parts from used old builds from 8 different forums, purely to have your car hit the 300hp mark to impress everyone by ASAP. I say, to each his own, congrats on your dyno sheet but the 4 ft of rubber vac hose zip tied to the trans mount and back around behind the headlight to your HKS BOV just says "I like the Pssssh"

sleepy ep3
03-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Pm sent.

Also I hate the feeling of, "wonder how hard I'm pushing this engine? I'm 40 miles from home, how much is a flat bed going to cost if it blows up right now?"

It's not always the engine block that breaks....I'm testament to that.

AttarixEp
03-08-2012, 07:53 PM
I've researched it. The blocks are strong and almost always the rods will go first. I'm just a firm believer in building beyond your goal. It's still never 100% safe no matter what at that power range, but it's easier on the mind to have parts that can handle 800hp and only throw 600hp at them.

Even then, it's never for sure "safe," parts can fail no matter what the brand, material, etc. It's the risk you take.

AKEP
03-09-2012, 06:30 AM
nice, i feel ya. wish i had the dough to throw down on some rods and sleeves. its nice to know that your motor wont pop at random or in case of overboosting.

one day.

AttarixEp
03-09-2012, 07:30 AM
I got to a point where I can throw some cash here at this point. Then again in a couple months while I take care of the cheaper little projects of the build. Which is why it will take time. And I'm ok with time when the end result is nice.

differentK
03-09-2012, 06:47 PM
build sounds good- im heading to see D-Rob for a re-tune next weeknd.

AttarixEp
03-09-2012, 06:53 PM
build sounds good- im heading to see D-Rob for a re-tune next weeknd.

Thanks, you might see my block and parts there if he hasn't shipped it out to Benson by then! lol

differentK
03-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Thanks, you might see my block and parts there if he hasn't shipped it out to Benson by then! lol

good stuff- ill keep an eye out.

sleepy ep3
03-09-2012, 11:39 PM
I've researched it. The blocks are strong and almost always the rods will go first. I'm just a firm believer in building beyond your goal. It's still never 100% safe no matter what at that power range, but it's easier on the mind to have parts that can handle 800hp and only throw 600hp at them.

Even then, it's never for sure "safe," parts can fail no matter what the brand, material, etc. It's the risk you take.
I wasn't knocking your decision. It's definitely a better idea to do it this way. I don't remember who's sig it was, but it said if can, can, if no can, no can. If you can and should, then you should. Good luck with build, can't wait to see the full build thread.

AttarixEp
03-30-2012, 06:47 PM
New part while I wait for the block and parts to get finished and shipped back

BluePrint Racing 40* VTC limiter. The $30 part that makes the $15,000 engine much safer.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/vtclimiter.jpg

Nickle n Dimin
03-30-2012, 11:28 PM
K20A is riddled with stock engine high hp builds. I have nothing against that. If you want quick power, the K delivers. Maybe it's be, working at an automotive shop with nothing but "no replacement for displacement" guys, maybe it's just seeing too many bolt on, quick power goal, half ass builds that bring the "ricer" world 2 steps back from respect (by this I'm talking universal muffler, ebay CAI, cheap shit, not bashing the bolt on 300whp guys as I was until recently one of them)

My theory is, once you cut a corner and realize you can get away with it for a while, the whole car ends up that way. I'm in the mindset that my ep is a PROJECT car that won't be ready this summer. May not be ready next summer. But the summer after, you better believe it will be out and about, pushing 650+whp burning all the corn this country can grow. And there will be a smile on my face the whole time because I know in my head that I didn't spare a dime, and I set out to build what I wanted the first time.

I don't care if your goal is 300hp. If you put everything you got into making that the best 300hp that can be built. Then you've earned respect. If you slap on parts from used old builds from 8 different forums, purely to have your car hit the 300hp mark to impress everyone by ASAP. I say, to each his own, congrats on your dyno sheet but the 4 ft of rubber vac hose zip tied to the trans mount and back around behind the headlight to your HKS BOV just says "I like the Pssssh"

very well said GL with the build

AttarixEp
03-31-2012, 05:43 PM
very well said GL with the build

Thanks. Longblock will be assembled and completed this summer and ready for mock up to get ready for the turbo parts, and tube front end this winter.

Right now is the nickle and dime bs while I wait for my block to come back home!

AttarixEp
04-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Got in some new parts from Honda
RBC manifold, and TSX head gasket. Going to start shaving and cleaning up the manifold tomorrow.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/intakemani.jpg

differentK
04-07-2012, 04:54 PM
what turbo kit/ setup are you going to go with? Derek and IMW do awesome work- he did a great job with mine

AttarixEp
04-07-2012, 05:00 PM
what turbo kit/ setup are you going to go with? Derek and IMW do awesome work- he did a great job with mine

Probably full race manifold for the warranty, and basically following that style set-up, with the vertical flow intercooler and such. Once the time comes, I will definitely be in contact with Derek about some custom work. We talked a little and both agreed full race turbo manifold for sure, but eveything else can be done identically or more fitting for how my front end will be set up for cheaper I'm sure. Turbo, I'm going with the Forced Performance HTA3586. Long block assy will be sent out to IMW this summer so I can get the tube front end mocked up and done this winter.
Block should be back to me soon too. Derek shipped it out to Benson's the second week of march with about a 5 week turn around. I'm patiently waiting.

Kerby
04-08-2012, 04:49 AM
So you just purchased the manifold only from full race? Your gonna piece everything else? Interesting. How much you think your gonna save by doing it that way?

AttarixEp
04-08-2012, 11:42 AM
So you just purchased the manifold only from full race? Your gonna piece everything else? Interesting. How much you think your gonna save by doing it that way?

Turbo parts wont be purchased until later this year. It all depends the route I take with getting parts. Full-race kit with the turbo option I am choosing, is just over $7,000. If I piece it together through them, however, they said they would keep it as close to kit price shipped as possible. Their turbo manifold is their priciest part other than the turbo itself, but you get their warranty with it. I will be looking into having the other parts (intercooler and pipes, downpipe, etc) custom made, and see what the price difference is vs how a custom set up would benefit me any more than a kit set up.

Basically, if I can see better gains from a custom set-up that costs $100 more per part, I will take that option. If custom is the same price and output as the full-race kit, I will go full-race for the warranty on all parts. If custom is the same output, no power or flow losses, and costs $100 less per part, well, that's an obvious choice there.

AttarixEp
04-20-2012, 04:32 PM
More mail today from ERL Performance via Hybrid-Racing. Brand new modified S2000 oil pump!
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/pump.jpg

monjarassi
04-20-2012, 05:53 PM
i hope u get everything covered from top to bottom on your exciting upcoming build, i have a buddy that i have helped throughout his uild and his motor is fully built nearly the same setup u running except cams and has 2150cc injectors and once u get up to the 600's it just gets harder to meet the goal, he was stuck at 630 and ran out of fuel, no needs fuel cell setup or something like that to achieve 700+. And the thing is that now with all that money invested he cant even get it to hook on the street that he gets pulled by lower hp cars. Best of luck and ill be on the look out as u progress..

AttarixEp
04-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Top to bottom is definitely covered. Fuel, FIC 2150 for E85, I'm looking into the DW 300lph in tank with Bosch 044 inline to provide the fuel. As far as traction though, That's a battle and a half on my mind. Built tranny with LSD obviously, I will be on 255/40's all around, and by that time, there will be a hundred more tires options out there. My best bet is the width on a super sticky DOT tire in the mid 20psi range for street. There really is only so much one can do. Luckily I work at a place where I can order in all kinds of tires and at least try them out until I find one that gives best results. Either that, or I will be on M/T at all times doing burnouts on on-ramps. :)

monjarassi
04-20-2012, 06:18 PM
Top to bottom is definitely covered. Fuel, FIC 2150 for E85, I'm looking into the DW 300lph in tank with Bosch 044 inline to provide the fuel. As far as traction though, That's a battle and a half on my mind. Built tranny with LSD obviously, I will be on 255/40's all around, and by that time, there will be a hundred more tires options out there. My best bet is the width on a super sticky DOT tire in the mid 20psi range for street. There really is only so much one can do. Luckily I work at a place where I can order in all kinds of tires and at least try them out until I find one that gives best results. Either that, or I will be on M/T at all times doing burnouts on on-ramps. :)

yea those m/t's are trash he spent so much money on those for his 15's team dynamics and still spin all through 3rd and 4th!! And only used them at the most 6 times in 2 months and their officially gone. Now the word id that hoosiers is the way to go.

btw he also has a built tranny, ppg 1-4th and lsd.. Im telling you anything 600hp+ is roadkill for fwd, i been there and seen it, thats why my goal is 450 and im done..

AttarixEp
04-20-2012, 07:21 PM
I have my work cut out and don't expect full traction, especially on street tires, I will probably be trying boost by gear too to see how much that can improve it in lower gears.

monjarassi
04-20-2012, 07:31 PM
I have my work cut out and don't expect full traction, especially on street tires, I will probably be trying boost by gear too to see how much that can improve it in lower gears.

And thats the solution my fellow member, thats the only one thing i blve my buddy hasnt had dialed in presicely. I also myself will be looking into getting the solenoid and have it dialed in to my preference.

sleepy ep3
04-20-2012, 10:09 PM
M & H slicks are pretty much the best for the track. I don't care what u get for the street, nothing is going to hook like you want it to. 650 is a lot, rwd awd or fwd. 650 is 650.

I'm curious as to why you went with the RBC, rather than a IPS or other high flowing intake manifold. Also, curious as to the TSX gasket, rather than a Cometic. As to the intake, you are going to have to flow a ton of air, to get 650 to the ground.

monjarassi
04-20-2012, 10:22 PM
M & H slicks are pretty much the best for the track. I don't care what u get for the street, nothing is going to hook like you want it to. 650 is a lot, rwd awd or fwd. 650 is 650.

I'm curious as to why you went with the RBC, rather than a IPS or other high flowing intake manifold. Also, curious as to the TSX gasket, rather than a Cometic. As to the intake, you are going to have to flow a ton of air, to get 650 to the ground.

my buddy is still on the rbc and making good power and still more to be made, cometic hg are trash thats why probably he went oem, i would tooo,..

AKEP
04-21-2012, 03:26 AM
i've only heard the oem was best on a k.

AttarixEp
04-21-2012, 05:18 AM
The RBC is enough manifold to make the power. Shaved to match my TB is all that it will get. Oem gasket is a multi layer, and unless your going above stock bore, I dont see a reason to use anything else.

AttarixEp
06-18-2012, 06:06 PM
Haven't updated in a while. No I haven't lost interest and sold the car and every part I bought. The whole longblock assembly is currently being built and assembled and IMW as we speak! Block came back from Benson's with brand new sleeves. Full assy top to bottom and all new valvetrain is going in. One of my oil squirter ports (k24a2 block) was damaged in the process, so we ultimately decided to block them all off, which going turbo, is actually the better idea in the end in order to feed my monster enough oil.

I will post pics when I get it shipped back!

AttarixEp
06-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Also, my apologies to differentK for making D-Rob to busy to tune your car...

differentK
06-18-2012, 08:06 PM
haha no worries man- im sure John is up to the task. Drob has enough on his plate to deal with my new boost/ meth setup lol

AttarixEp
06-19-2012, 09:33 AM
Meth is so nice. Worked insanely well for me when I had my JRSC.

differentK
06-19-2012, 11:02 AM
yea im looking forward to seeing what it will do. the first JRSC setup was kind of a disappointment on the dyno because of the bad belt slip past 6000rpm... that and the belt snapped on the 2nd pull- even after all that it made 294/229. going back friday with a smaller pulley- AIS 3gal trunk mounted meth kit- and hopefully reduced belt slip.

AttarixEp
06-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Are you using the JRSC manual tensioner?

mitchlikesbikes
06-19-2012, 11:41 AM
Meth is so nice.

http://www.amctv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/BB-Walter-White-S4-590.jpg

differentK
06-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Are you using the JRSC manual tensioner?

no- modified my stock one. finding the right belt size has been a real hassle. think i have it covered now... shaved the hell out of the tensioner stops to allow even more travel and got a belt that is right on the money for the smaller pulley.... my luck it still wont be enough

AttarixEp
06-19-2012, 12:48 PM
no- modified my stock one. finding the right belt size has been a real hassle. think i have it covered now... shaved the hell out of the tensioner stops to allow even more travel and got a belt that is right on the money for the smaller pulley.... my luck it still wont be enough

I remember the days of buying and returning numerous belts until finding the right one!

differentK
06-19-2012, 03:39 PM
I remember the days of buying and returning numerous belts until finding the right one!

yea its always fun... but you dont have to worry about that anymore

AttarixEp
06-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Belt is the least of my worries, especially finding out Forced Performance raised the price of the turbo I am planning to buy by $500

differentK
06-26-2012, 06:10 AM
saw the guys at IMW last friday for my re-tune- pretty sure i saw your block on the stand. looked fresh.

AttarixEp
06-26-2012, 08:21 AM
Yea it was mine. Derek was putting the bottoms end together. Then tore back apart. My manley rods are hitting the bottom of the sleeves so the block is back out to get notched to make clearance for them. Haha.

AttarixEp
06-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Block assembled! K24a2, plugged oil squirters, Manley turbo tuff rods(cylinders notched for clearance), CP 10.8:1 pistons (for e85), Benson sleeves.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/engineblock.jpg

AttarixEp
07-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Full long block assembled. Picking it up at IMW this Friday. I will have a couple pics of it then, and once its back home I will tear off the oil pan and valve cover to get a couple sneak peaks of the parts that lurk beneath. Buuuut as a teaser of what you might see, let me recap what I have so far...
K24a2 long block assy Built by Derek (D-Rob) at IMW

Benson sleeves 87mm bore
Manley Turbo Tuff rods with upgraded wrist pins and ARP hardware (cylinders notched for rod clearance)
CP Pistons 10.8:1
K24 Crank
Clevite Main and Thrust bearings
ERL S2000 Oil Pump with modded oil passages required w/ K24a2 Chain and Guides
Plugged oil squirters
Honda TSX Head Gasket
ARP Main Studs
K24a2 Head resurfaced
K20 spec Valve train
Supertech Black Nitrate Intake Valves
Supertech Inconel Exhaust Valves
Supertech Seats, Retainers, Seals, Keepers
Supertech Dual Springs
Flow Bench Tested (No cutting of valves required or needed)
Brian Crower Stage 2 N/A Cams
RSX-S VTC Actuator
Blueprint Racing 40* VTC Limiter
Hybrid Racing Timing Chain Tensioner
New K24a2 Timing Chain
The rest is stock K24a2 parts (guides and such.)
I think that's it so far...

mitchlikesbikes
07-02-2012, 06:47 PM
dat build list http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/002/252/me-gusta.jpg

AttarixEp
07-02-2012, 06:51 PM
So much, yet so much more to go.....

sleepy ep3
07-02-2012, 11:01 PM
So much, yet so much more to go.....

Get used to it, lol. The price sheet always gets longer.

AttarixEp
07-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Get used to it, lol. The price sheet always gets longer.

Not just longer, it never ends.

02_epdriver
07-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Nice setup there man.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

AttarixEp
07-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Nice setup there man.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Thanks. It's been coming along nicely.

AttarixEp
07-10-2012, 06:01 PM
UPDATE! Long block is done and back! Thanks to Bensons, and Derek and IMW! Saving up for the trans build. In the mean time, I will be getting the engine coated, assembled and mounted with the trans in the bay for mock up to measure for the tube front end and brake line/wire tuck

The hint of what lurks beneath
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/block.jpg

Assembled and awaiting my next move (mind the multi color valve cover, It's a spare and I was testing out a lime candy paint)
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/block2.jpg

Head with full supertech k20 spec valve train and Brian Crower stage 2 cams
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/block3.jpg

superchargedk20
09-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Really? Someone delete this garbage on this guys build thread. What junk

AttarixEp
09-24-2012, 09:53 AM
Really? Someone delete this garbage on this guys build thread. What junk

Say what???

superchargedk20
09-27-2012, 07:32 PM
U had a huge spam post on ur thread. Mods deleted it, but left my post lol. Spam is like the plague on this forum lately

AttarixEp
09-27-2012, 08:06 PM
Oh. Good looking out, I haven't been on for quite some time and noticed a lot of weird stuff going on. Probably why it makes me log in every time I refresh.

AttarixEp
01-14-2014, 05:36 PM
Updating my old build thread to start/continue a new one with a little more detailed info on everything going on.

This build is still in progress after over 2 years and most likely going to be lasting into 3 years, but the results have been and will be well worth it.

The car is a 2002 Civic Si I bought 6 years ago as a birthday present to myself. It had roughly 70K miles on the clock with a stock K20a3. That soon got boosted with the help of a JRSC, Hondata, and a couple bolt ons. I beat my fair share of cars with that set-up until I slipped up and missed a gear causing the K20a3 to over-rev, jump timing and send a piston into a valve. That led to a winter of swapping in a K24a2 with the same JRSC set-up as before. Since this was my daily, and I was relying on a whole lot of rides to work and back, it had to go in quick. The first setup was tuned to 263whp. Over the next few months, I added some crucial supporting mods and upped the boost which led to a tune at 311whp. That winter, I decided to store the Ep and pick up a beater, and build a new engine on the side. On my way to work, the beater decided to piss coolant and over heat the same day I emailed my insurance agent to off my full coverage insurance on the Ep. I took the Ep up to Autozone to order a coolant housing. 2 days later I'm driving home from work to go pick up the housing, driving my usual backroad, and unfortunately ended up slamming into a deer..... This led to what you will see below and a build with a slew of custom fit parts and a goal to reach as close to 800whp as I can.

Before I start the pics and descriptions I would like to thank a few people who have been involved and continue to be involved in this long build

-No credit card companies. Hard earned money only. It's tough, but the best way.
-D-Rob at IMW for continued support and aid as well as putting his skilled hands to work on the long block build, and the only tuner I will choose to take this car to it's goal.
-My best friend Justin for always coughing up his diesel when the car needs towed anywhere.
-My Girlfriend, our 7 year old daughter, and our upcoming baby who not only let me continue the build, but highly support it!
-Craig Bures from bureskustommotorsports.com (http://www.bureskustommotorsports.com) who spent 2 years convincing me to let him build a new front end, then spend 4 months custom fitting every part to it, and giving me shit any time I tried to stray from building this car the right way.
-Darren Rick from Diamond Fab for the custom stainless work
-My Dad for buying me one part in order to say he had a part in the build!
-All the sales reps for help with all the parts I've decided to order plus many more to come.

If you guys want a full mods/parts list or ask anything, let me know and I will edit a list and answer anything.

K24a2 build with the JRSC tuned to 311whp. Perfect for a fun daily
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-5_zpsbc7b87a5.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-5_zpsbc7b87a5.jpeg.html)

How the car was driven back after the fatal deer attack.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-84_zps07a83012.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-84_zps07a83012.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-42_zps9cae1d28.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-42_zps9cae1d28.jpeg.html)

Tucked in a 10x20 unit. Work has to start somewhere.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-35_zps594fed04.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-35_zps594fed04.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-40_zps260736a9.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-40_zps260736a9.jpeg.html) Dash removed to take out some heavy items hidden within http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-36_zps1e67f6cd.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-36_zps1e67f6cd.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-23_zps1a355247.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-23_zps1a355247.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-47_zpsb0cfb803.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-47_zpsb0cfb803.jpeg.html)

Bare block on the way to IMW for some Benson's sleeves and full rebuild. Cylinders were damaged at some point during stock piston removal, didn't notice until I flipped the block over. Squirters were plugged, and damage was not into the cast aluminum so block was saved, sleeved, and then notched out for the rods. http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-34_zps46297a09.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-34_zps46297a09.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-56_zps9142c8c4.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-56_zps9142c8c4.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-19_zpsbfed66a2.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-19_zpsbfed66a2.jpeg.html)

Block built at IMW by D-Rob
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-20_zps539bb56d.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-20_zps539bb56d.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-80_zps6d58ef2e.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-80_zps6d58ef2e.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-37_zps552b0f12.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-37_zps552b0f12.jpeg.html)

Block before/after paint. Ended up going with satin black to finish off the look
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-58_zpsc717ab1a.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-58_zpsc717ab1a.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-13_zps81641a4b.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-13_zps81641a4b.jpeg.html)

Golden Eagle MFG manifold before/after satin black powder coat
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-32_zps6c2dc12a.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-32_zps6c2dc12a.jpeg.html)

Custom manifold by Diamond Fab. Fabbed up on a K-swapped teg. Made to fit a PTE 6766 and Tial 60mm.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-30_zpsfb23e8da.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-30_zpsfb23e8da.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-64_zpsd48fb9ae.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-64_zpsd48fb9ae.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-38_zps6de6d195.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-38_zps6de6d195.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image_zps5d1cb948.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image_zps5d1cb948.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-72_zps9033c06a.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-72_zps9033c06a.jpeg.html)

Getting bolted in for the first time in 2 years. A lot of changes thus far
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-70_zps14f7b7e6.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-70_zps14f7b7e6.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-75_zps5781bc23.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-75_zps5781bc23.jpeg.html)

Car heading out to Bures Kustom Motorsports for a whole lot of fab work...
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-54_zpse1e35b6e.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-54_zpse1e35b6e.jpeg.html)

While the car is at BKM, I chose bring some life back to an old suede Sparco wheel. Wheel was owned by a good friend of mine he used in his old Prelude. He gave this to me for this car. Unfortunately he passed in a car accident as a passenger. Chose to memorialize him on his old wheel to help keep the car on track.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/sparco.jpg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/sparco.jpg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-46_zpsac85766a.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-46_zpsac85766a.jpeg.html)

AttarixEp
01-14-2014, 05:36 PM
Shots of the progress that went down at BKM...
First bend. http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-8_zps29b10002.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-8_zps29b10002.jpeg.html)http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-82_zps5cd1458f.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-82_zps5cd1458f.jpeg.html)
Nothing beats a Father/Son shop set on perfection. http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-53_zps1ab5508f.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-53_zps1ab5508f.jpeg.html)
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-3_zps7216924e.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-3_zps7216924e.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-71_zpsb4c3eb98.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-71_zpsb4c3eb98.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-43_zpsb7703485.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-43_zpsb7703485.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-61_zpsbede9a19.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-61_zpsbede9a19.jpeg.html)
Fabbing up a new subframe bracket and mount. http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-50_zpsde24b79d.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-50_zpsde24b79d.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-52_zpsca5c2060.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-52_zpsca5c2060.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-79_zpsc029dc2c.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-79_zpsc029dc2c.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-71_zpsb4c3eb98.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-71_zpsb4c3eb98.jpeg.html)
Misc shots to finished product.. http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-28_zpsde464855.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-28_zpsde464855.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-29_zps0a205a7a.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-29_zps0a205a7a.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-83_zps2c8fafc6.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-83_zps2c8fafc6.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-55_zps47e3db70.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-55_zps47e3db70.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-41_zps05259daf.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-41_zps05259daf.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-9_zpse7c6bb4d.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-9_zpse7c6bb4d.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image_zps4d621337.png (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image_zps4d621337.png.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-65_zpsa0fb547a.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-65_zpsa0fb547a.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-73_zpsea2ea425.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-73_zpsea2ea425.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-45_zps958a3c77.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-45_zps958a3c77.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-16_zpsa3bfd141.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-16_zpsa3bfd141.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-76_zpsb52ef9d1.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-76_zpsb52ef9d1.jpeg.html)http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-17_zps83839818.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-17_zps83839818.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-68_zpse59531ef.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-68_zpse59531ef.jpeg.html) http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-24_zps011d5328.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-24_zps011d5328.jpeg.html)
Tow hook location
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-2_zps9d0ef725.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-2_zps9d0ef725.jpeg.html)
On the way back to the tiny unit for more work.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-27_zpsa04ba7ed.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-27_zpsa04ba7ed.jpeg.html)
Local dealer had this on display in the parts room, managed to talk them into selling!http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-31_zps35fc9fb1.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-31_zps35fc9fb1.jpeg.html)
Getting ready to start the new engine harness. Tefzel wire via Race Spec
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Ep3%20Thread/image-67_zpscb5a37ec.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Ep3%20Thread/image-67_zpscb5a37ec.jpeg.html)

Keep an eye out for more updates as time goes on. Thanks for checking out my hefty project!

AttarixEp
01-14-2014, 05:37 PM
Just picked up an 8 gal dual sump fuel cell. Came out of the BKM (http://www.bureskustommnotorsports.com) Camaro after he upgraded to a larger cell.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/20140103_214738_zps1984c0da.jpg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/20140103_214738_zps1984c0da.jpg.html)

I was browsing through my old lap top and found this. This is my old friend's wheel he used years ago. I'm using in it this car as a memorial to him, so I wanted to keep the original suede. Spent a little time to bring it back to life.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/steeringwheelbefore_zps88a04e2e.jpg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/steeringwheelbefore_zps88a04e2e.jpg.html)

monjarassi
01-14-2014, 05:46 PM
good stuff here....

AttarixEp
01-15-2014, 07:25 AM
Thanks. I was browsing through your thread too. Very nice!

usedep3
01-15-2014, 08:09 AM
I was reading this on k20a a while ago. Glad you decided to bring everything over here too. It looks great.

AttarixEp
01-15-2014, 08:28 AM
Just had to the find the time to transfer it all to here too. I'll try to find some time and get the parts list (so far) posted up too.

To clear anything up. Updated posts start on post #69. Rather than starting a second thread.

monjarassi
01-15-2014, 07:07 PM
Thanks. I was browsing through your thread too. Very nice!

o yea, lurking, yea man i got a few goods to come too here and there b4 i drop the motor in.

AttarixEp
01-18-2014, 09:44 AM
UPDATE:

Thought maybe I would compile a list of parts that have been put into the the engine so far. Won't post the parts to come or what I plan to buy since I don't have them yet.

Block
K24a2 with stock crank
K24 steel oil pan with -10 oil return fitting
ERL performance modded S2000 oil pump
Benson's Sleeves at 87mm
Manley Turbo Tuff rod's
CP 10.8:1 pistons
Clevite main/rod/thrust bearings
OEM TSX head gasket
OEM TSX crank pulley
K-tuned swivel thermostat housing (thermostat removed)
Additional work: Cylinders notched for rod clearance. Oil squirters plugged.

Head
K24a2 head
Supertech K20 inconel dished exhaust valves
Supertech K20 black nitrate dished intake valves
Supertech K20 dual valve springs
Supertech valve seats
Supertech valve retainers
Supertech 7* valve locks
OEM valve guides
Brian Crower stage 2 N/A cams
RBC VTC gear
Blueprint Racing 40* VTC limiter
Replaced OEM timing chain
OEM chain guides
Hybrid Racing timing chain tensioner
ARP head studs
K-tuned K24 coolant neck
Long Block assembly by Derek at IMW

Transmission
EP3 transmission
PPG 1-2 straight cut dog
OEM 3-5 gears
OEM EP3 final drive
04 EP3 2nd gear set (using all but the actual gear itself)
OEM syncros
OEM bearings
OEM seals
OEM axles and intermediate shaft (yes axles will probably break, oh well, buy 2 sets of lifetime warranty axles, replace when they break, return for more)
M-Factory LSD
Hybrid Racing shift cables
Hybrid Racing shift lever spring
Competition Clutch twin disc
EM2 clutch master cylinder
OEM slave cylinder and fork

Turbo
Precision 6766 BB turbo .82 a/r V-Band. Ported H-cover
Tial 60mm Wastegate .977psi spring
Tial Q BOV 8psi spring
Treadstone Performance TRV259-S Intercooler 25x9x3.5 core
Diamond Fab custom turbo manifold
Full-Race stainless braided oil feed line
Custom oil return
Hondata boost control solenoid

Fuel/Intake
E85 setup
8 Gal fuel cell
Dual Bosch 044 fuel pumps
2 Fuelab 75 micron filters (before pumps)
1 Fuelab 10 micron filter (after pumps)
K-Tuned Pro-1000 fuel rail
FIC 2150cc Injectors
K-Tuned FPR with PSI gauge
Fragola -10an stainless braided PTFE fuel feed line
Fragola -8an PTFE stainless braided line from rail to FPR
Fragola -6an PTFE stainless braided return line
Fragola -10,-8,-6an reusable black anodized PTFE hose ends
Earl's assorted fittings

Golden Eagle MFG intake manifold
Skunk2 70mm throttle body
Hondata 4 bar MAP sensor
Hondata heat shield
Hasport intake manifold adapter
Blocked off IAC Valve

Other Engine Bay
K-tuned tensioner kit
Innovative mounts 75a kit (steel)
Innovative mounts 75a front mount (steel)
Custom Tefzel wire harness
Custom tucked fues box and chassis harness
Custom tucked battery harness and battery
Custom Bures Kustom Motorsports fabbed tube front end
K-tuned half size radiator
Blox slim fan
OEM rubber lower coolant hose
-16an Upper coolant hose

Brakes
Chase Bays brake booster delete kit
Chase Bays in bay brake line kit
Wilwood 4 piston BBK
Stock rear brakes
CNC staging brake
Re-routed hard brake lines
Stainless braided flex hoses in front

Interior
Stripped at the moment
Deleted heater core
Sparco 300mm steering wheel

Suspension/Wheels and Tires
Still sitting on Skunk2 springs
On a set of spare wheels/tires to roll around

Exterior
Still in primer
OEM Body panels
HFP front lip
Type-R rear lip
Custom front tow hook
Wiper Delete front and rear
It has doors

lemonhead228
01-19-2014, 11:13 PM
Sick crazy build and makeover!!!

AttarixEp
01-20-2014, 04:33 PM
Thanks!

1GR8EP3
01-21-2014, 01:49 PM
Holy crap thats a list man... PICTURES!!! haha

AttarixEp
01-21-2014, 03:43 PM
Holy crap thats a list man... PICTURES!!! haha

Pictures start at post #70

AttarixEp
02-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Water pump housing auto tensioner bracket cut off and ground down nice and smooth. Had clearance issues with my intake manifold. Being used in conjunction with the K-tuned tensioner kit.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/IMG_5207_zps38d62b41.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/IMG_5207_zps38d62b41.jpeg.html)

1GR8EP3
02-06-2014, 04:42 PM
man i thought about doing that too... it came out good though

AttarixEp
02-06-2014, 05:03 PM
man i thought about doing that too... it came out good though

Thanks. It's as straight as possible. I haven't had time to test fit to see exactly how much shows when the manifold is on. Maybe an hour time total on it.

monjarassi
02-06-2014, 07:29 PM
lucky i did this a long time ago so slapping that GE should b cake

usedep3
02-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Nice cut :thumbu: Pics of it installed please

AttarixEp
02-06-2014, 07:42 PM
I'll get it mocked up this weekend with the manifold for pics

AttarixEp
02-08-2014, 07:03 PM
Test fit the modded water pump housing and GE manifold. Here's how it looks not yet painted. PCV comes close to the plenum of the manifold, but a 90 degree fitting will work in the space.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/IMG_3064_zps305a868a.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/IMG_3064_zps305a868a.jpeg.html)
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/IMG_4524_zps1f3bd23d.jpeg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/IMG_4524_zps1f3bd23d.jpeg.html)

usedep3
02-08-2014, 07:35 PM
Looks so naked! Me gusta

AttarixEp
02-09-2014, 06:03 PM
Shows quite a bit. But it's a hell of a lot cleaner than the open bracket.

1GR8EP3
02-09-2014, 10:43 PM
looks clean man roll with it... I ended up painting man black so it kind of hides it haha

AttarixEp
06-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Transmission finished. Built by Shaun at QCP Gear.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/trans_zps7b0b6c21.jpg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/trans_zps7b0b6c21.jpg.html)

1GR8EP3
06-10-2014, 03:13 PM
VERY NICE... what gear set is that by the way?

AttarixEp
06-10-2014, 09:15 PM
VERY NICE... what gear set is that by the way?

PPG 1-2 dogbox. Overhauled all the bearings and seals From Honda. M-factory diff.

monjarassi
06-11-2014, 07:43 AM
sick

AttarixEp
06-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Thank you thank you. This was the last big hurdle in the build. Should start making some serious progress now.

AttarixEp
07-12-2014, 12:20 PM
Transmission update: It was done until further discussion with Shaun changed my mind a little bit. instead of leaving 3/4 stock. I decided to opt for the 3/4 set from Albins to pair with the already installed PPG dogbox 1/2.

1GR8EP3
07-16-2014, 12:39 PM
You will not have to worry about the tranny man.... thats actually next for me once I get back from this next deployment

AttarixEp
07-17-2014, 05:15 PM
You will not have to worry about the tranny man.... thats actually next for me once I get back from this next deployment

I'm not worried anymore about it. It's pretty much indestructible at this point.

AttarixEp
10-05-2014, 04:27 PM
Transmission finally done! Full specs along with pics and a write up can be found here... http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?75062-Informal-Transmission-Help

AttarixEp
10-10-2014, 08:36 AM
Not an update, but a question... Anyone with an Ep3. I'm looking to fit 13" drag wheels. Currently have a wilwood BBK which will only fit down to a 15". Their drag brake kit still says min of 15". I looked on fastbrakes and they only offer 5 lug kits. Will 13's fit over stock front brakes? Any good info on pads/rotors if so? Anyone have better info or experience 13's on this chassis?

1GR8EP3
10-15-2014, 10:36 AM
Yo attarix, first off thanks for the info on the tranny and what shim you used. That will save a lot of headaches down the line.

As for your question, I dont know of any aftermarket brake kits that will allow a 13in wheel. Now our previous year civics like the eg rotors and calipers do clear 13in wheels. I have been putting some thought into myself but I have not went through with it because the size slick I want to run fits on a 15in wheel. Like your tranny its going to take some mixing of parts to get it to work. Sorry I could not provide more info but I hope I at least provided an idea of where to start.

AttarixEp
10-16-2014, 02:48 AM
Yo attarix, first off thanks for the info on the tranny and what shim you used. That will save a lot of headaches down the line.

As for your question, I dont know of any aftermarket brake kits that will allow a 13in wheel. Now our previous year civics like the eg rotors and calipers do clear 13in wheels. I have been putting some thought into myself but I have not went through with it because the size slick I want to run fits on a 15in wheel. Like your tranny its going to take some mixing of parts to get it to work. Sorry I could not provide more info but I hope I at least provided an idea of where to start.

I've actually done quite a bit of looking into this. It seems like even with a 15x8 wheel. Using a 24.5x8.5 or 24.5x9 slick on very low psi will do the job. From what I've seen on a 15" is that it will just take more finesse with the clutch on launch since it appears not to grip as quickly as a 13" slick would. Then I started to factor in things like weight, with the Ep being heavier than an eg/ek/em1 and older chassis', 15's start to look like an ok alternative. From what I've looked up, investing that kind of money into being able to run 13's isn't worth it yet, unless after enough track time I can blame the tire and rim size to be at fault from getting good times.

1GR8EP3
10-17-2014, 11:23 AM
I already have 24.5x8.5 in slicks on 15" Rpf1s, which I cant wait to run lol. I think you will be fine with a 15" rim, now if your are really having trouble getting that launch (which you probably will with 700hp lol) I would look into the hondata traction control. I plan on running that in the very near future.

AttarixEp
10-19-2014, 06:20 PM
I already have 24.5x8.5 in slicks on 15" Rpf1s, which I cant wait to run lol. I think you will be fine with a 15" rim, now if your are really having trouble getting that launch (which you probably will with 700hp lol) I would look into the hondata traction control. I plan on running that in the very near future.

I've been iffy with traction control. It takes power away from the engine to gain traction. At least that was my understanding of the description. I would hate to compromise more power. The 750-800 I expect, is to be at full boost in 4th gear. I'm going to hope that 1-3 using boost by gear and only making 500hp roughly on lower psi will be the same deal as traction control only not as on demand. None of this is set in stone. Once it's up and running, it will be nothing but trial and error and seeing what works, what can be improved and all that fun stuff.

AttarixEp
01-10-2015, 12:12 PM
Keeping it oiled over winter.
http://vid1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/IMG_3184_zpssfdqg2l3.mp4

monjarassi
01-10-2015, 11:04 PM
Good idea

AttarixEp
01-22-2015, 08:40 AM
Upgraded from the ancient old and busted V1 to the new hotness of V4! Now maybe score a mini ipad for in dash bluetooth datalogging.

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/kpro_zps9ab40e51.jpg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/kpro_zps9ab40e51.jpg.html)

Her-Name's-Ally
01-22-2015, 06:14 PM
did you get rid of the V1 or did you have it upgraded? Nice build man.

AttarixEp
01-22-2015, 08:05 PM
did you get rid of the V1 or did you have it upgraded? Nice build man.

Just sent it out for the upgrade. Thanks a lot!

AttarixEp
04-13-2015, 04:25 PM
Been a while since the last update. Along with gathering more parts, I had the last bits of the fab work finished up under the hood.

Hood exit exhaust off turbo. Wastegate dumps directly into exhaust. Cut a large section of the cowl out to manage a fitment in the tight spaces of the Ep3 chassis.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/exhuats_zpsn4xyiadq.jpg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/exhuats_zpsn4xyiadq.jpg.html)
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/exhaust%20dump_zpsso0z4tku.jpg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/exhaust%20dump_zpsso0z4tku.jpg.html)

Had the factory breather welded shut and -10an fitting welded on the valve cover. Also had the original radiator fitting cut and welded and had a -16an fitting welded on.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/breathers_zpskwq7ttaw.jpg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/breathers_zpskwq7ttaw.jpg.html)
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/coolant%20fitting_zpsnkduxovb.jpg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/coolant%20fitting_zpsnkduxovb.jpg.html)

Finally, had 3in intercooler piping routed and fit in place. Pics show the full route and how it managed to fit.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/Close%20up%20pipe_zpsnxj0axyp.jpg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/Close%20up%20pipe_zpsnxj0axyp.jpg.html)
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/pipe%20behind_zpsxzcvpnpz.jpg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/pipe%20behind_zpsxzcvpnpz.jpg.html)
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/whole2_zpsnz1ebhvn.jpg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/whole2_zpsnz1ebhvn.jpg.html)
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/whole_zpspjae4fia.jpg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/whole_zpspjae4fia.jpg.html)
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/everything_zpsp5zt0ieo.jpg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/everything_zpsp5zt0ieo.jpg.html)

monjarassi
04-13-2015, 05:20 PM
In love

Her-Name's-Ally
04-13-2015, 06:54 PM
I just came

AttarixEp
04-15-2015, 02:55 AM
Much more to come over the next few months. Time get cranking on this thing

usedep3
04-15-2015, 06:58 AM
sweet baby jesus

Ba82Ep3
04-15-2015, 01:00 PM
The core support. Jesus H Fawk. Diggin it...

AttarixEp
04-15-2015, 05:18 PM
The core support. Jesus H Fawk. Diggin it...

You can have one too. All you need to do. Take full coverage off the car. Have your beater break down so you have to drive your car without insurance for 2 days. During those 2 days. Slam into a deer. Then decide. $2000+ for a body shop to bring it back to OE spec? Or just over half that for full chromoly replacement!

AttarixEp
08-07-2015, 12:59 PM
Alright, couple few updates on what I have been up to. In the midst of buying a new house, I did manage to get some new things done.

First though, you never get to see what the back side looks like, so I bolted it all up for a quick pic.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/IMG_4659_zpsr7bjjage.jpg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/IMG_4659_zpsr7bjjage.jpg.html)

Against my first option, I changed my coolant hoses to be fit with braided hose. Had new fittings welded and pushed on and test fit the hose ends. Tight fit qith -16an ends.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/IMG_4788_zps2pfm2efc.jpg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/IMG_4788_zps2pfm2efc.jpg.html)

Also swapped all the vac/boost ends with some push to lock fittings to eliminate the use of rubber hoses.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/IMG_4786_zpsr88lx0lp.jpg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/IMG_4786_zpsr88lx0lp.jpg.html)

Next big project was building a full new engine harness. This was done with mil-spec wiring, new terminals and insulators. This one took some serious time and planning. And a great attention to detail.

First step I took was stripping all the factory loom. Then the nasty C104 junction connector. Pretty simple. All like colors get grouped together. There's ground, logic ground, ecu power, and alt power. All of them typically have a wire to the ecu, the sensors, then their respective destination which are the four listed above.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/IMG_4673_zps10gshjxo.jpg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/IMG_4673_zps10gshjxo.jpg.html)

The next big step I took was taking all the color coded mil-spec wiring and measuring out the route I chose to take in order to tuck the harness. Lay it all out one at a time, pin the wire to the ECU terminal and tape it at the sensor, cut, repeat on the next wire, then repeat 1000 more times. After that, you'll end up with something that looks like this with the new wires...
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/IMG_4815_zpsxlcc5ary.jpg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/IMG_4815_zpsxlcc5ary.jpg.html)

And something that looks like this with all the old wires.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/IMG_4810_zpspvvepspv.jpg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/IMG_4810_zpspvvepspv.jpg.html)

After all wires are cut to length AND LABLED!! Time to run the heat shrink. Do the individual sensors first. Always twist your wires, this allows for, yes, less interference, which, ok it helps, but the major wires that need shielded, will be shielded with grounded wiring. I twist because it is a cleaner fit and far more flexible. After you heat shrink all sensors, it's time or the full harness. Do your best to twist the harness wires as well while you are making the harness.Tip; you will find out quick that all the heat shrink now has to make it over the full harness. Spray the harness with windex, Heat shrink will slip right over it and windex will dry with no film.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/IMG_4923_zps4xxirunq.jpg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/IMG_4923_zps4xxirunq.jpg.html)

Now what I did with the branches that lead off to all the sensors. I took some heat/oil resistant cloth electrical tape and taped over the gaps. You can see it below. Along with the result of the full harness finished.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/IMG_4928_zps2s4u1adh.jpg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/IMG_4928_zps2s4u1adh.jpg.html)

Last I managed to get to was the new Chase Bays coolant reservoir. I chose bracket option 1 and hooked it around the tube frame. Nice, clean, and out of the way.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/IMG_4950_zpsmgamnrej.jpg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/IMG_4950_zpsmgamnrej.jpg.html)

monjarassi
08-07-2015, 09:07 PM
top notch update

patiently waiting still.......

AttarixEp
08-08-2015, 07:02 AM
Most likely won't be too much happening the rest of the month and into September. I have to get her all packed up, bolted together and ready to move to the new house. In the mean time, I do have some welding to get done, so I can always update on those few items.

AttarixEp
08-22-2015, 11:06 AM
Finally just laid some primer down on the VC to get rid of tall the multi gross color that we have all been looking at.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i417/attarixep/valve_zps5fnyeaud.jpg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/attarixep/media/valve_zps5fnyeaud.jpg.html)