PDA

View Full Version : Tire angled?

Mortification1
03-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Ok i own a 02 ep3. I bought it with the mods..well some. Its lowered a bit? i think..on apexi type v coilovers. Recently ive been trying to figure out why the driver rear tire is slanted in sort of. Like the top part is tucking in. While the rest of the 3 tires aint.

Anyone have any idea what i can look for or what it might be?

Thanx in advance for any input!

sippyyy
03-07-2012, 03:45 PM
I'm guessing that wheel is set lower on the coilovers than the rest. measure your fender height from the ground on each side and adjust accordingly! also check and see if you have adjustable camber arms in the rear, it could be that one is adjusted further in than the other.

Pandamanda22
03-07-2012, 04:04 PM
do you have an aftermarket camber kit? maybe the alignment is just wacked out?

Mortification1
03-07-2012, 05:27 PM
No rear camber kit. I know fronts come with plates on shocks. But rears don't. And I havent measured but they loom the same height. Could it still be aligment? I took it to a pep boys for alignment so if any suspension parts OS broken ill know

02_epdriver
03-08-2012, 12:04 AM
Is the passanger rear the same? Of course if you lower a car the lower you go the more the camber goes negative. More in the rear than the front. just have to pick up rear camber kit to adjust.

Mortification1
03-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Is the passanger rear the same? Of course if you lower a car the lower you go the more itthe camber goes negative. More in the rear than the front. just have to pick up rear camber kit to adjust.

Thats the shady part.....the passanger isnt angled. I dont get it. Plus its not even lowered I think. It had 18" and I just put on 17" lowest I can go due to bbk. But it was like that sonce I got it. Took it for an alignment and they didnt tell me anything.

JaydmEp3
03-08-2012, 09:24 AM
do you have an aftermarket camber kit? maybe the alignment is just wacked out?

I agree, Regardless if he has a camber kit or not im pretty sure it can still lean a certain way. Same happened to me wen i swapped into my full suspension front driver side tired had to much positive camber n had no camber bolts up there. Jus go get an alignment tht should fix it. But get urself a camber kit too