PDA

View Full Version : A bit of a problem... Locked out of the EP

whatsvtec
03-11-2012, 10:00 AM
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience getting into their EP3 with a dead battery.

My ignition key apparently doesn't work for my doors...(I never really checked) and the keyfob doesn't work because the battery is dead... How else can I get in the car?

mitchlikesbikes
03-11-2012, 10:04 AM
is it the car battery or key fob battery that's dead?

also, have you tried the key in all 3 places?

whatsvtec
03-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Car battery is definitely dead. Tried both doors and the hatch... Ugh :mcry:

whatsvtec
03-11-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm thinking getting it towed to honda will be the only option...

303EP
03-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Maybe pull the driver side fender liner and try and pull the hood cable to get to the battery...worth a shot I guess :shrug:

whatsvtec
03-11-2012, 10:41 AM
That was gonna be my next question. You think I can get to it? I don't want to fuck anything up.. :ugh:

Tnhatch03
03-11-2012, 11:01 AM
i am confused. your key is locked in your car. your battery is dead. and you only have the key fob?

you said you tried both doors and the hatch. with what? do you have a spare key to manually unlock the car?

SkareKrow
03-11-2012, 11:04 AM
i am confused. your key is locked in your car. your battery is dead. and you only have the key fob?

you said you tried both doors and the hatch. with what? do you have a spare key to manually unlock the car?
I.got a headache reading this entire thread. What's cheaper? Towing to Honda or calling a locksmith. Out here its cheaper to call a locksmith unless you have AAA. :smile:

Sent from my PC36100 using Xparent Red Tapatalk

whatsvtec
03-11-2012, 11:53 AM
The ignition key is in my hand, but doesn't unlock or even fit either door or hatch... That part already has me confused...
I don't have a spare, it's the only key I ever got with the car... That has me sketched/worried now.

Keyfob won't unlock doors because the battery is dead(that's the only way I've ever unlocked the car). I'm 100% sure it's not the fob because I put a brand new battery in it to make sure.

preludeh22vtec
03-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Why in the world is your ign key different than the doors?

whatsvtec
03-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Why in the world is your ign key different than the doors?

AAA got me unlocked. Now that's what I'm more worried about... I'm sure lock cylinders, keys and a new fob from honda won't be cheap...

I'll be learning quite a bit in the next few weeks...

MugenReplica
03-12-2012, 09:53 AM
AAA got me unlocked. Now that's what I'm more worried about... I'm sure lock cylinders, keys and a new fob from honda won't be cheap...

I'll be learning quite a bit in the next few weeks...

Glad to hear you got into it Dave. I got back to you on Facebook, but it must have been too late. Anyways, do you have my cell to get ahold of me directly?

whatsvtec
03-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Glad to hear you got into it Dave. I got back to you on Facebook, but it must have been too late. Anyways, do you have my cell to get ahold of me directly?

I lost the cell when my phone broke :mfrown: I'll have to get the # again.