PDA

View Full Version : ball joints.. which is best

elcid1969
03-11-2012, 06:29 PM
getting ready to replace front lower ball joints on my ep- just getting feedback on other makes- was thinking of getting buddy clubs but wanted to see if anyone tried new megan racing or j's racing... thanks peeps

USAF EP3
03-11-2012, 10:12 PM
The Buddy Club's are by far the best in quality and durability. Be advised though, by using them they will raise your ride height about 1" because that are extended ball joints and are designed to push the LCA down on a lowered vehicle to correct the roll center

jwdep3
03-12-2012, 09:52 AM
I installed some Moog ball joints not too long ago. Good stuff. They pressed right in and they also came with c-clips so they wont come out, and they also look stock. i believe the buddy clubs don't have a c-clip to keep it in place, but i may be wrong

POOPTOOTH
03-12-2012, 10:25 AM
I vote for MOOG stuff as well. While it may not be 'Baller JDM yO', they've been making quality replacements for cheap, for over 50 years. Alot of their stuff is greasable as well, such as their endlinks, which were BURLY.

boricua4life
03-12-2012, 10:50 AM
i have the buddy clubs and no complaints here. have had them for about 1 year. gained 50 hp yo!:meek: lol

usedep3
03-12-2012, 11:07 AM
I vote for Moog as well if you're going for oem replacements. The moog's have a grease fitting on top and I know some members have had issues with the fitting getting close or even making contact with the axle.

Napa also carries a brand called triple 6 (I think). I was in a bind and wasnt able to get a set of Moog's quickly and went with a set of triple 6 ball joints. Just make sure you get the one's made in japan. (This one time at least) Japan-made BJ > US-made BJ.

amrcncllctble
03-13-2012, 05:20 PM
boricua4life, did the buddy club ball joints raise your ride height?

Blah1219
03-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Where did yall shop for the MOOG ball joints?

2003_ep3
03-14-2012, 06:14 AM
Where did yall shop for the MOOG ball joints?

Autozone. Advance doesn't carry moog products. Atleast in SC they don't. I can vouch for them on being great products, the fitment and quality is superb. I have about 20k on my moog tie rod ends and ball joints, and they are still working great. It awesome cuz they come with grease fittings so I just add one or two pumps of grease every 5k and I'm good to go

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

maksym
03-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Yeah, that, but you will have to modify the part where you put the grease, unscrewing the metal part that is angled and putting the only one that is straight because of the clearing issue between the axle.

Autozone. Advance doesn't carry moog products. Atleast in SC they don't. I can vouch for them on being great products, the fitment and quality is superb. I have about 20k on my moog tie rod ends and ball joints, and they are still working great. It awesome cuz they come with grease fittings so I just add one or two pumps of grease every 5k and I'm good to go

2003_ep3
03-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Yeah, that, but you will have to modify the part where you put the grease, unscrewing the metal part that is angled and putting the only one that is straight because of the clearing issue between the axle.

Very true. That's the only con about the part. I just put a screw in it to plug and take the grease nipple out so it doesn't rub the axle. And when I need grease I just put the nipple back in.

02_epdriver
03-14-2012, 11:55 AM
I replaced my lower ball joint on the driver side front with a moog and its a pain in the ass because of the grease zerk. The tie rod ends for me on the passanger side has been ok but shortly after I installed the one on the driver side the boot tore. So that pissed me off soon to be replaced just waiting till I get my new suspension then either get oem rsx ones or ones from SSR Wayne. I would have to say overall oem is the best cause I still have the original lowerball joint on the passanger side. Havent tried any of the JDM ones. I guess I'm not low enough to really need them. Also the moog LBJ sucks because if you especially have DSS axles they are a bit thicker than oem.