PDA

View Full Version : Water in oil.... head gasket?

midnight
03-14-2012, 02:39 PM
So it's been raining pretty hard these days. My car was running fine last night and I parked my car on the street overnight. This morning when I was driving it, I notice a lot of power loss and the engine was about to stall for a couple times. I saw the battery and oil level light on dash came on a couple times. Finally when I drove on a steep uphill, the car stalled. I tried to crank it up and saw a LOT of white smoke coming out from the exhaust pipe. And next thing I checked was nasty milky oil mixed with oil in the engine oil cap... then I had to get the car towed to my house.

Any thought what might be wrong besides the head gasket?
I have an AEM CAI, and there's no bumper guard protecting it, can this be the problem too since water goes into it?
The battery is pretty new so I don't think it is the problem.
Only modifications are the lowered suspension and AEM CAI (the one that hangs below the engine) Thanks.

LeeonHart
03-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Did you drive through big puddles? you might have sucked up water and that would lead to water in your motor because you have CAI

mitchlikesbikes
03-14-2012, 03:53 PM
probably sucked up water and hydrolocked it. are you saying that there's no fender liner on the intake side of the car?

civicsmoke420
03-19-2012, 05:47 PM
So it's been raining pretty hard these days. My car was running fine last night and I parked my car on the street overnight. This morning when I was driving it, I notice a lot of power loss and the engine was about to stall for a couple times. I saw the battery and oil level light on dash came on a couple times. Finally when I drove on a steep uphill, the car stalled. I tried to crank it up and saw a LOT of white smoke coming out from the exhaust pipe. And next thing I checked was nasty milky oil mixed with oil in the engine oil cap... then I had to get the car towed to my house.

Any thought what might be wrong besides the head gasket?
I have an AEM CAI, and there's no bumper guard protecting it, can this be the problem too since water goes into it?
The battery is pretty new so I don't think it is the problem.
Only modifications are the lowered suspension and AEM CAI (the one that hangs below the engine) Thanks.

It is a blown head gasket!! If there is milky oil then the coolant is mixing with the oil causing what we call a milkshake!! I work as a dealer tech and have been doing it for 8 years so I know my shit!! If you bogged the intake in a puddle than your compression would be fucked and the car wouldnt run......HYDROLOCK!!!! If it was hydrolock the car would have immediately shut off because the spark plugs cant ignite water.....duh!! Replace your head gasket and do an oil change, seafoam the car (to remove any remaining moisture) and drive for about 50-100 miles and then do a final oil change (the seafoam will eventually turn the oil to a watery consistency). After that you should be okay. Be sure you use Synthetic oil!!!! Good luck!!!