PDA

View Full Version : rca converter with oem head unit

ephatchback
03-14-2012, 11:41 PM
im using an rca converter that taps into your + and - speaker wires and converts them into rca outs so you can run rca cables from your oem head to your aftermarket amp..the question i have is where do i plug in the blue remote wire from my amp to my oem head unit? do i just tap into another speaker wire to get the signal, or do i need to plug it into the antenna wire? any help would be great..thanks-joep

05EPz3
03-15-2012, 08:17 AM
I tapped mine into a constant 12v power at the fuse box with key on, no power when the key is off. Double check the amp once wired in to make sure there is no power when the key is off.

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
03-15-2012, 07:52 PM
You wanna tap that on the back of the headunit on the accessory lead which is the Yellow/Red wire or you can use the accessory wires off the ignition which is the White/Red or Black/Red wire

ephatchback
03-31-2012, 07:57 PM
You wanna tap that on the back of the headunit on the accessory lead which is the Yellow/Red wire or you can use the accessory wires off the ignition which is the White/Red or Black/Red wire

thankyou very much for the help..hopefullt ill have everything installed tonite..then i can clean everything up in the morning once i know its all wired up correctly...thanks again-joep