PDA

View Full Version : noobish question

gtecd20
03-17-2012, 09:44 AM
so im pretty sure my front strut is blown but had a dumb question. do springs ever go bad? only reason i ask is this is the second time it blows out and i just installed it 11 months ago
the road i drive to work does suck lots of bumps and holes wish they would redo it but can the springs also cause the strut to die faster?
i dont know what kind they are all i know is there the ones that came with the car when i bought it
they are like some blue color so i think they might be toyko blues idk
i did come by some stock springs and didnt know if they would help ride quality?

thanks for any help

bluedemonep3
03-17-2012, 10:57 AM
so im pretty sure my front strut is blown but had a dumb question. do springs ever go bad? only reason i ask is this is the second time it blows out and i just installed it 11 months ago
the road i drive to work does suck lots of bumps and holes wish they would redo it but can the springs also cause the strut to die faster?
i dont know what kind they are all i know is there the ones that came with the car when i bought it
they are like some blue color so i think they might be toyko blues idk
i did come by some stock springs and didnt know if they would help ride quality?

thanks for any help

Unless your springs are damaged as well i doubt they have anything to do with your strut blowing constantly. Maybe like you said, the road could be the one causing the damage. not 100% but hopefully someone on here will be able to give you a definate answer. GL

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
03-17-2012, 11:23 AM
Depends I know lowering springs will cause stock shocks to blow because they put more stress on the shocks.

gtecd20
03-17-2012, 01:02 PM
yea might have to switch the springs out anyone know how those tokio blue struts are? saw some on ebay set for like 450 pretty nice price but dont know if they are any good

EggShellSi
03-17-2012, 02:13 PM
The tokico blues are pretty much just stock replacements, and at that price you might as well buy some racelands. Ive had mine for 2 years with no issues, and the members who have just contact them and get them replaced. They have great customer service.

Just my 2¢

mitchlikesbikes
03-17-2012, 02:16 PM
get racelands or just save a bit more and get some nicer coils. tokicos aren't really worth the upgrade

gtecd20
03-28-2012, 10:52 PM
just decided to look up those racelands and with these do we just use our top mount or do we need to get a new one? wasnt really looking to upgrade entire suspension but at that price not to bad