PDA

View Full Version : Question on parts to replace when doing struts and springs

he_li48
03-19-2012, 07:22 AM
Getting ready to do dampers and spring all around. Tokico blue and Eibach. This will be a DD, what else should I be replacing ie: bushing, mounts, etc.... for front and rear. Don't feel like doing it again because I forgot to replace something.

TIA guys.

differentK
03-19-2012, 08:14 AM
Back when i did mine the upper mount in the front disintegrated on me when changing it over- caused a bit of downtime trying to find replacements. an adjustable camber kit for the rear might be needed too although you might be fine since the eibachs are not an extreme drop. that upper mount was really the only PIA- if you have them readily available you should be good to go- happy lowering

he_li48
03-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Thanks differentK,

But were you refering to the Damper mounting base or the upper spring mounting cushion?

differentK
03-20-2012, 06:03 AM
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2003&catcgry3=3DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=FRONT+SHOCK+ABSORBER

part #9- the bearing for the upper mount disintegrated on me. I was able to order the entire upper mount assembly (part #2,7,9,10/11) from a local autoparts store rather than waiting for honda but it took a bit of digging to find. as long as everything comes apart ok you shouldnt need to replace anything... unless you want to

StimulisRK
03-24-2012, 09:01 PM
I also did the upper mounts in the front and rear when I put in my Tokicos. I just bought the KYB oem replacement mounts