PDA

View Full Version : Need help asap!!! Car shakes at 40-50 mph

Rhinopebbles1
03-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Ok fellas so here's my thing...my baby starts to shake once i hit 40-50 m.p.h and then it goes away like nothing, i already bought brand new tires for it, i changed out the axles, i changed the motor mounts,the ball joints, the tie rods, got the wheels balanced and aligned... And it stills continue to do it im out of ideas on what it can be, if anyone has had this problem please help me out i dont know what else to do!!!

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
03-20-2012, 04:44 PM
wheel bearing? idk bro

gamma6
03-20-2012, 04:54 PM
wheel bearing? idk bro

I think thats the only thing id say too, but most of the times they make a noise tho
Maybe bent rim or somethin? Although id assume theyd spot it while balancing

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
03-20-2012, 04:59 PM
I think thats the only thing id say too, but most of the times they make a noise tho
Maybe bent rim or somethin? Although id assume theyd spot it while balancing

if it was a bent wheel it would diff show up on the balencer, not sure how to diagnose a wheel bearing issue but hope someone on here dose

gamma6
03-20-2012, 05:11 PM
if it was a bent wheel it would diff show up on the balencer, not sure how to diagnose a wheel bearing issue but hope someone on here dose

I had a bad bearing on my old car and it would shake at certain speeds and make a distinct noise
Since op never mentioned a noise idk what it would be

Rhinopebbles1
03-20-2012, 05:12 PM
im like completely lost rt now, ive been looking online talking to different mechanics and they all tell me the same thing, have you done this, and that(YES!!!!)

mitchlikesbikes
03-20-2012, 05:21 PM
im like completely lost rt now, ive been looking online talking to different mechanics and they all tell me the same thing, have you done this, and that(YES!!!!)

chill out dude. if you're going to a reputable mechanic they'll still need to ask you questions or they can't figure anything out. even the best mechanics can't just take a glance at things and automatically know what's wrong. just figure it out by process of elimination..

amrcncllctble
03-21-2012, 06:11 PM
take off the front wheels, check the front bushing in the lower control arms. i work at a honda dealership, i see those torn all the time. if it is torn, i recommend getting an aftermarket, energy suspension has a full car kit for $120-130. there are two colors, not sure if one is harder or not. changing all the bushings could help the shake, but if not, it will definitely help your handling.

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
03-21-2012, 06:31 PM
take off the front wheels, check the front bushing in the lower control arms. i work at a honda dealership, i see those torn all the time. if it is torn, i recommend getting an aftermarket, energy suspension has a full car kit for $120-130. there are two colors, not sure if one is harder or not. changing all the bushings could help the shake, but if not, it will definitely help your handling.

see good info, bumps