PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Clutch - CMC Failure?

Onasty
03-21-2012, 07:25 PM
so today i was driving and engage my clutch n felt something kinda Pop. i thought it was nothing until tonite while driving all of a sudden theres not pressure in my clutch pedal and i couldnt shift the car anymore. ANY HELP or suggestions need my car ASAP.

RHCP0801
03-21-2012, 07:39 PM
check the salve cylinder, in between the trans and engine right in the front

usedep3
03-21-2012, 08:44 PM
if there;s no pressure in the pedal, its probably the clutch line. check the CMC, rubber line and the slave.

Onasty
03-22-2012, 03:22 AM
Found a bunch of break fluid on the CMC, bleed my slave and now pedal will not come up off the floor.

dj addicted
03-22-2012, 06:30 AM
I had the exact same thing happen to me a while ago. It was my Clutch Master Cylinder. On it, there are 3 little bolts and I could see on one, the head snapped off and there was brake fluid all over the place. I swapped the CMC out, rebled the lines and all was good.

If you are unsure where the leak is coming from, pop the hood, then have a buddy raise the pedal and press it back down. See where the fluid is coming from. Then replace that part.

ImportCustomx
03-22-2012, 07:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aq6oipiql4&list=UUX9GvnEt29puQoW9ugcRTjw&index=2&feature=plcp

Dont know if that helps you or not.

Also next time please keep an eye where you post, i moved this for you.

AUTiger
03-25-2012, 10:11 PM
3-4 weeks ago I got in the car, pressed the clutch and it popped and stuck down. I pulled it back up and it seemed fine. Then a week and a half ago I got in the car and it was mushy and I could barely drive the car unless I pumped it. It drove fine for 4-5 days and I had it taken into a shop while I had the window regulator replaced. I told the mechanic that it was most likely the cmc. He checked and said it was leaking like crazy. They replaced it and when my dad met me today to bring me the car it was back to being shit. It is all mushy unless I pump the damn clutch. I assume now that the pop was the CMC and then when the mushy shit started the slave cylinder went as well. I am going to talk to the mechanic (though I don't have much faith in him) tomorrow and let him know that I am not thrilled because I don't think he test drove the car after the installation of the CMC, he knew it engaged low due to the CC stage 4 clutch, but come on. After a short drive the shit holds no pressure and you need to pump it to get it into gear. I'll order a slave cylinder this week and either have someone else install it because I lack time and tools or buy what I need to get it done myself. I did notice a small amount of fluid/liquid though on one of the connections of the hard-line so there is a chance that there is just a small leak and I need to replace the lines(good time to go SS). My only fear is doing damage to the clutch. It grabs and holds WOT no problem and if I have it in gear, keep my foot on the gas and press the clutch pedal in, it does not slip until the last inch or two from the ground and then grabs hard when I slowly lift off that 1-2inches.

dj addicted
03-26-2012, 07:25 AM
It makes me wonder if he bled the system completely after replacing the CMC? To me, it sounds like you have a lot of air in the lines.

AUTiger
03-27-2012, 08:37 PM
It makes me wonder if he bled the system completely after replacing the CMC? To me, it sounds like you have a lot of air in the lines.

I actually started to think the same thing today. Everything seemed better, but from time to time it was mushy and hard to shift unless I pumped the clutch once or twice. I am going to have them re-bleed the system next week when the car is in to have wiring work done on my fried headlight switch(f-ing Honda won't replace it even though they had a recall for the issue). I am also going to pick up a custom tucked SS clutch line from someone on CRSX and swap that in not to long into the future.

AUTiger
03-29-2012, 08:32 PM
The F-ing master cylinder blew again. It was acting up real bad today so I took a look and the internal rubber gasket was herniated(no longer internal) and it is leaking. Back to the shop tomorrow to replace and I am going to make sure they take a look at the slave and that they do a good job of bleeding the lines.

Achilles OB
03-13-2013, 02:38 AM
hi everyone i have always this problems with master clutch cylinder with my ep3 2002 type-r i changed it th4 time and last oneOEM clutch master cylinder plus i bleed it good but still it happening can someone help me with it andi did fix it right but my clutch is heavy when i press it i have TOD stage2 clutch with flywheels its happening over and over now again i will change it now but i wanna know why whats the solution