PDA

View Full Version : install q

freeme62410
03-24-2012, 07:36 PM
Can some please enlighten me on how to reach the bottom right hand bolt and the bottom center bolt that for the intake manifold side of the JRSC. I have the throttle body inlet part of the jrsc removed for somewhat easier access, but I still cant seem find a way to get a wrench or wobble socket on that bottom right bolt, and I can't even get the bolt in the hole for the bottom center. It's too long, do I cut it?

gamma6
03-25-2012, 01:05 AM
For the center one i used a ratcheting wrench and for the bottom right i cannot remember but i did have a hard time trying to retighten it and couldnt remember how i did it before

freeme62410
03-25-2012, 07:43 AM
I'm thinking I have an older model of jrsc, it came off an ep3, but it looks slightly different than pics. Installation has gone smooth up until this point. The OEM img bolts are too long to fit between the lip on the supercharger and the block, so I can't get it in the hole (only button center bolt), otherwise I could tighten it. I tried a shorter bolt, but it pulled the threads. The bottom right is just in a real awkward spot. I'm gonna try removing splash guards and hopefully going from underneath..

differentK
03-25-2012, 07:56 AM
i pulled the radiator- made reaching everything a whole lot easier. also made a triangular manifold brace since the ep charger doesnt come with one like the rsx.

gamma6
03-25-2012, 11:13 AM
i pulled the radiator- made reaching everything a whole lot easier. also made a triangular manifold brace since the ep charger doesnt come with one like the rsx.

Yes i removed the rad support and just removed the top bolts of the ac condesor and radiator so i can pull slighty from top and get a bit more of reach not much but an extra inch always helps ;) haha
But yea dont pull too hard if u leave the hoses in place
As far as a bolt not going in there was a bad design for clearance on the bolts imo because i remember when i bought my used sc it had, i think, 2 bolts in place already on the bottom side that wouldnt come out... I wanted to switch since i got longer bolts to conpensate for the hondata im gasket therefore i would get the same thread engagement...

freeme62410
03-25-2012, 12:19 PM
got it in! ran into another issue. The rc 440 injectors that i got with the kit do not fit the wiring harness, the plug is squared off, and the stock ones have a roundness too them..

Yes i removed the rad support and just removed the top bolts of the ac condesor and radiator so i can pull slighty from top and get a bit more of reach not much but an extra inch always helps ;) haha
But yea dont pull too hard if u leave the hoses in place
As far as a bolt not going in there was a bad design for clearance on the bolts imo because i remember when i bought my used sc it had, i think, 2 bolts in place already on the bottom side that wouldnt come out... I wanted to switch since i got longer bolts to conpensate for the hondata im gasket therefore i would get the same thread engagement...

freeme62410
03-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Nice, yeah i thought about that, thats alot of weight to be pulling on the head without a brace. i ended up grinding a bolt down a little and getting it in finally!

freeme62410
03-25-2012, 12:39 PM
ok so i found that I need adapter clips, which I will order. In the mean time, is it dangerous if I run the stock injectors as long as I don't go too high on rpm's? I can set it in kpro accordingly. Or I was reading you can modify stock injectors, but that sounds outta my league

differentK
03-25-2012, 03:34 PM
i would be very careful if you do run the stock injectors- those are 270cc and you risk running super lean. i would overnight the appropriate clips if you can. do you have the race kit with kpro btw?

freeme62410
03-25-2012, 04:40 PM
Yes, race Witt kpro, i'm gonna put my 310 injectors in the mean time. I ordered clips tonight. Running stock right now with no issues but keeping it under 5krpm

freeme62410
03-25-2012, 07:17 PM
I paid for overnight shipping :D It already runs better with the 310 injectors than the 270, but I'm still babying it under 4500 rpm and no more than half throttle. Should I enable lean protection?

i would be very careful if you do run the stock injectors- those are 270cc and you risk running super lean. i would overnight the appropriate clips if you can. do you have the race kit with kpro btw?

Manny Kid 15
03-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Can't you shave the head on the injectors to make them rounded I know I had that issue with my injectors to make them fit on BDL fuel rail, just curious

Sent from MANNY KID 15 using Tapatalk

freeme62410
03-25-2012, 07:58 PM
I thought that, but even the pins are located slightly higher within the clip, so I was afraid to damage anything. I ordered the adapters, but I might look at them again tomorrow and see if I can get them in.

Can't you shave the head on the injectors to make them rounded I know I had that issue with my injectors to make them fit on BDL fuel rail, just curious

Sent from MANNY KID 15 using Tapatalk

differentK
03-26-2012, 05:39 AM
i would just take it easy until your clips arrive. just an FYI- you can modify your OEM 270cc and 310cc injectors so they flow 490cc and 520cc... just another option if your 440s are giving you problems.

http://www.xproductionz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3769

freeme62410
03-26-2012, 08:38 AM
Dude, that is awesome, i'm going that route just bc it flows higher and I noticed a tad of decay on the end of the RC injectors where they spray. probably due to ethanol in gas.
i would just take it easy until your clips arrive. just an FYI- you can modify your OEM 270cc and 310cc injectors so they flow 490cc and 520cc... just another option if your 440s are giving you problems.

http://www.xproductionz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3769

freeme62410
03-26-2012, 08:38 AM
Thank you all!

freeme62410
03-27-2012, 07:21 PM
ran into another issue. The adapters came in today, and I switch to the 440 cc. It ran better immediately. On the way home all of the sudden it started running incredibly lean. I pulled over and enabled lean protection to prevent engine damage, and I made it home babying it, and I popped the hood and I hear air leaking from one of the injectors, the O ring started to come out a little so I go home, and pull it out, it appeared to be in tact, so I greased it up and put it back in. It ran better but still really lean when I gave it gas. I pulled it out again and changed the o-rings this time, again greased it and put it back in. Still running lean, it idled at 18-20:1 for a moment, went down to 14.2ish for a tad, so I drove it for a moment and when I give it gas, instead of running richer, it started running leaner, then I got a check engine code for cylinder 2 misfire. I reset code and turned the car on again and I don't think the injectors are leaking, but I do hear air leaking from somehwhere... it sounds like underneath the supercharger somewhere. I used a hondata img and I tightened down the bolts tight, but I'll recheck them in the morning. What could the leaking be? and if it were leaking, would that cause misfire/lean running?? It was running great, then all of the sudden bam! just did this

freeme62410
03-27-2012, 07:27 PM
and I just realized I forgot to change to colder plugs, I will go get my rsx type s plugs asap out of my other engine.

AKEP
03-27-2012, 09:41 PM
check your vacuum, you should have a vac gauge hooked up anyways. should see ~-20inhg if not, you have a leak somewhere.

freeme62410
03-28-2012, 05:20 AM
It's vacuuming closer to 22...
check your vacuum, you should have a vac gauge hooked up anyways. should see ~-20inhg if not, you have a leak somewhere.

differentK
03-28-2012, 05:43 AM
if you are pulling 22in vacuum- that is good. i would be more concerned about one of your injectors not firing. if you are idling at an AFR of 18-20- you might have an injector that isnt working. throw your old injectors back in and check again- at idle you should be seeing 14s AFR. i have heard mixed reviews on RC injectors so you might have a bad one. did you get the injectors used or brand new? i would seriously look into modifying one of your sets of stock injectors and just run those... no hassle of a possible bad aftermarket injector/ clip/ or both

differentK
03-28-2012, 05:48 AM
you can run your car on stock 310cc injectors like what the ghetto race kit guys do- but i would be suspect of the injectors or clips. try switching the clips around and see if you get anymore misfire codes- it could be a bad injector clip rather than injector.

freeme62410
03-28-2012, 08:29 AM
I put the old ones back in and no better. In fact it's getting worse. All four cylinder misfire codes and a fuel system too lean code. I have a walbro pump..
you can run your car on stock 310cc injectors like what the ghetto race kit guys do- but i would be suspect of the injectors or clips. try switching the clips around and see if you get anymore misfire codes- it could be a bad injector clip rather than injector.

differentK
03-28-2012, 08:35 AM
have you checked your plugs?

differentK
03-28-2012, 08:39 AM
im assuming that when the car was running ok you were still babying it under 5k rpm? if you are positive that you dont have any vacuum leaks or that your injectors are functioning and getting fuel then it might be your tune- since you have kpro are you getting tuned soon?

freeme62410
03-28-2012, 09:43 AM
i was gonna wait till i swapped my a2 engine, and then tune. I pulled the fuel pump and and this brand new filter looks dirty. I don't know if that's the problem or not. No, once i got it running right, I got on the throttle a few times to see what it had, and it ran beautifully. Then all of the sudden it just did this. i just retightened the fuel lines on the pump and went back to the 440's and I'm gonna d/l another jrsc pre cal tune and see what happens
im assuming that when the car was running ok you were still babying it under 5k rpm? if you are positive that you dont have any vacuum leaks or that your injectors are functioning and getting fuel then it might be your tune- since you have kpro are you getting tuned soon?

freeme62410
03-28-2012, 10:54 AM
I had a suspicion that my fuel wasn't making it, so I took the filter off and it still wouldn'td start, so I pulled the fuel line off the fuel rail and tried to start the car and it should've sprayed fuel everywhere but not a drop.. Brand new walbo fuel pump...

differentK
03-28-2012, 11:18 AM
lol thats a ballsy way of testing for fuel- i was gonna recommend the water bottle technique but that works too. swap your stock fuel pump back in and try again. if you are looking for a good aftermarket higher flowing fuel pump i just installed the new deatschwerks 265 drop in pump and it has been working nicely- id recommend it because you dont need to cut or modify anything- fits just like stock. i hope you didnt hack up the fuel pump sender unit that badly when installing the walbro 255. how much fuel is in your tank at the moment btw?

freeme62410
03-28-2012, 12:13 PM
i'm on E, and in all of my brilliance, I think I tossed the old pump...lol rough day man. I just recieved a promotion in another city that I have to commute to, so now I'm stressing out! I'm hoping a new pump solves all of this, because I can still hear the pump priming (or at least trying to)
lol thats a ballsy way of testing for fuel- i was gonna recommend the water bottle technique but that works too. swap your stock fuel pump back in and try again. if you are looking for a good aftermarket higher flowing fuel pump i just installed the new deatschwerks 265 drop in pump and it has been working nicely- id recommend it because you dont need to cut or modify anything- fits just like stock. i hope you didnt hack up the fuel pump sender unit that badly when installing the walbro 255. how much fuel is in your tank at the moment btw?

freeme62410
03-28-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm curious about this water bottle technique! After everything I've described, would a deteriorating fuel pump fit the description of the problems I've described? It was getting worse and worse. I was driving down the road and giving it the same amount of throttle the whole time, it would at one moment run at around 14.2, and then for no reason go to 18-20, and then go back down to mid 14's. It seemed sporadic. It would, for the most part, idle normally (except a few high and lows here and there), but as soon as I go to give it throttle, it would bog out and run lean, ESPECIALLY if I gave it heavy throttle it would immediately jump up a/f lean lean. Then it started stalling out, and starting it became a problem as well. It would turn over for ten seconds before actually starting. I'm no mechanic, but that sure sounds like fuel to me! But the pump is new, and I hear walbro is very reliable, and i hear the pump priming, so I'm praying that it isn't something else stopping fuel. I know a clogged line is highly unlikely, and I don't see how that would fit the sporadic behavior, but maybe the fuel pump assembly itself could be malfunctioning??

05 hatch
03-28-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm curious about this water bottle technique! After everything I've described, would a deteriorating fuel pump fit the description of the problems I've described? It was getting worse and worse. I was driving down the road and giving it the same amount of throttle the whole time, it would at one moment run at around 14.2, and then for no reason go to 18-20, and then go back down to mid 14's. It seemed sporadic. It would, for the most part, idle normally (except a few high and lows here and there), but as soon as I go to give it throttle, it would bog out and run lean, ESPECIALLY if I gave it heavy throttle it would immediately jump up a/f lean lean. Then it started stalling out, and starting it became a problem as well. It would turn over for ten seconds before actually starting. I'm no mechanic, but that sure sounds like fuel to me! But the pump is new, and I hear walbro is very reliable, and i hear the pump priming, so I'm praying that it isn't something else stopping fuel. I know a clogged line is highly unlikely, and I don't see how that would fit the sporadic behavior, but maybe the fuel pump assembly itself could be malfunctioning??

If you've changed your fuel pump, then this could be your problem! On the return line on top of the fuel pump cage there is a little o ring that can become dislodged. Happened to me. It's hard to see unless you look close.

freeme62410
03-28-2012, 01:56 PM
On the upper assembly that attaches to the fuel pump housing by the two hinges? Or the brass and plastic clip that goes back into fuel pump housing? And would that stop fuel from pumping? Did this happen to you? How'd you fix it?
If you've changed your fuel pump, then this could be your problem! On the return line on top of the fuel pump cage there is a little o ring that can become dislodged. Happened to me. It's hard to see unless you look close.

differentK
03-28-2012, 02:17 PM
you never know- the pump may have went out on you- it happens... not every part is perfect. i could of sworn that i read somewhere that the walbros give issues if you tank is low also- such as a really tough start up or none at all. go over the walbro DIY install guide again and double check you did everything right. did you use a gasoline submersible hose when you installed it?

freeme62410
03-28-2012, 02:46 PM
yeah I went over it and yes I used submersible hose. I did notice the return line lost the rubber piece where it connects back onto the lower part, but that just puts fuel Back into the tank, which it is still going back into the tank, that shouldn't affect fuel pressure going ouR.E.M. I've been lower than I am now and started fine. the light isn't even on yet, but it's low for sure
you never know- the pump may have went out on you- it happens... not every part is perfect. i could of sworn that i read somewhere that the walbros give issues if you tank is low also- such as a really tough start up or none at all. go over the walbro DIY install guide again and double check you did everything right. did you use a gasoline submersible hose when you installed it?

freeme62410
03-28-2012, 03:10 PM
Hey man, if you're willing, please give me a call. 727.859.3006 thanks -Bill

05 hatch
03-28-2012, 08:06 PM
On the upper assembly that attaches to the fuel pump housing by the two hinges? Or the brass and plastic clip that goes back into fuel pump housing? And would that stop fuel from pumping? Did this happen to you? How'd you fix it?

This did happen to me when I installed a walbro and was sc. It's on the top part of the lower assembly. This is why you don't have pressure in your line when you took it off at the rail. It did the exact same thing to me. Check that o ring.

freeme62410
03-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Thank you! I am gonna check that first thing tomorrow morning. There is a part on the fuel return line that connects to the lower assembly by a brass tube with a white circular clip that you have to attach to the lower assembly, is that the exact place of the o ring you are referring to?
This did happen to me when I installed a walbro and was sc. It's on the top part of the lower assembly. This is why you don't have pressure in your line when you took it off at the rail. It did the exact same thing to me. Check that o ring.

freeme62410
03-29-2012, 06:27 AM
Dude I can't thank you enough, who woulda thunk to look there? I has to zip tie that plastic sleeve just to hold it on. Must blow by due to extra pressure in the fuel line. Thank you so much!

05 hatch
03-29-2012, 01:30 PM
Dude I can't thank you enough, who woulda thunk to look there? I has to zip tie that plastic sleeve just to hold it on. Must blow by due to extra pressure in the fuel line. Thank you so much!

Ya no problem. I had to zip tie mine too, forgot to include that.

AKEP
03-30-2012, 12:48 PM
nice.