PDA

View Full Version : 03 si cams

roomclearer
03-25-2012, 07:37 AM
ok i need some help guys. im putting skunk2 stage 2 tuner cams in, yes i found prob the last set there is new. also upgraded valve trane. i got tunning covered n all so question is im putting in a toda tct also. anyone have experiance with a set up similar to this am i on right track here? i have dc header hks exhaust v2 intake and apexi neo afc and getting 151whp. im reading alot of bad shit about everything some say skunk bad some say toda bad and some say other tct are bad wtf lol. any help much appreciated ty.

ep3k20
03-25-2012, 08:10 AM
Skunk 2 sucks imo. Toda isn't bad I don't know why someone would say that lol. Brian Crower cams are the shit man there is a reason they call skunk2 junk2

roomclearer
03-25-2012, 08:23 AM
thnx brother im goin nuts researching this lol ill go with bc. why is skunk sucking any more info on all that. i guess i was all confused on the lift on the bc cuz its not much more than stock but im sure there is alot more to the design for gains etc. im just lookin for around 20 hp gain atm anyway and if i use the bc stage 2 boost/na than i can boost later down road so yea good advise ty.

roomclearer
03-25-2012, 10:48 AM
one question, brian crower said that i need stage 2 boost/na and not stage 3 n/a for k20a3. he said stage 3 n/a is for high compression pistons etc. it doesnt specify this however, im confused yes im kinda a noob iv been riding sport bikes and just getting back into cars so im out touch atm. so can anyone square me away?

ep3k20
03-25-2012, 11:23 AM
i would stick with stage 2 cams. i am running bc stage2 fi cams in mine and they are perfect for the setup. stage three really is meant for like built motors ie; running different pistons or totally worked bottom end to which the new pistons would create a new comp ratio higher then the stock block came with. unless you plan on building up your motor in its entirety i wouldnt go with such a high lift or duration cam like the stage 3 is....little extreme for DD driving

bluedemonep3
03-25-2012, 11:57 AM
not to thread jack or anything but im actually looking to get some cams, but im still noobish on this. I only have a CAI, soon getting Headers and exhaust. my question is, should i first wait to install the header and exhasut before moving into the cams or does it matter?

roomclearer
03-25-2012, 12:15 PM
yea id do exhaust first bro

roomclearer
03-25-2012, 12:22 PM
ty that helps just hoping i see at least a 15 hp gain with them

bluedemonep3
03-25-2012, 12:37 PM
yea i was thinking of doing all the bolt ons first then moving in with that

ep3k20
03-25-2012, 01:42 PM
not to thread jack or anything but im actually looking to get some cams, but im still noobish on this. I only have a CAI, soon getting Headers and exhaust. my question is, should i first wait to install the header and exhasut before moving into the cams or does it matter?

i would personally just do it all at once. kpro, exhaust, header, cams and then get it tuned. all of those attributes mentioned will give you a huuuuge gain in power over just h/e. make sure you get it tuned after doing the cams tho

bluedemonep3
03-25-2012, 01:57 PM
i would personally just do it all at once. kpro, exhaust, header, cams and then get it tuned. all of those attributes mentioned will give you a huuuuge gain in power over just h/e. make sure you get it tuned after doing the cams tho

yea i was thinking that, thanks bro, appreciate the input

Civic5lug
03-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Your FAR from having tuning covered.

Also moved to the right section.

roomclearer
03-25-2012, 07:04 PM
well bro im gonna end up boosting anyway so im gonna go with the bc cams i have the skunks so if u wanna try em out hit me up i never used em they r new so...

roomclearer
03-25-2012, 07:07 PM
well my machanis are using the neo and it works fine for what i need thus far but i am gonna get kpro. just cant go wk or so with no ecu in my car so prob gonna just get it with new ecu around 1500 so yea gotta save uo

sippyyy
03-25-2012, 07:21 PM
you can find spare ECUs for sale all the time man, usually around $100-$150

roomclearer
03-25-2012, 07:49 PM
cool ty good to know. the neo is just for now it works pretty good though.

Powers
03-26-2012, 01:42 PM
Is it ok to drive with the brian crower forced induction cam before your boosted as in will it not run right or you just wont see the full gains from the cams?

ep3k20
03-26-2012, 05:41 PM
ya its just more or less an optimal cam set up for a forced induced application (higher lift for the intake and exhaust side) so in a sense it wont "hurt" anything by running the cams without boost. if you dont have the fuel management, exhaust or even intake to support such cams then of course i would advise against it. a proper tune with the noted attributed parts described is essential however in order to gain the perfect culmination of fuel/air quality within the engine

sippyyy
03-26-2012, 05:50 PM
^^^ god damn that is well articulated

AKEP
03-27-2012, 05:35 AM
neo afc
im reading alot of bad shit about everything some say skunk bad some say toda bad and some say other tct are bad wtf lol. any help much appreciated ty.

Your FAR from having tuning covered.

lol, the AFC is your problem. I had to check the posted date to make sure this wasn't a post from 2002. Get kpro asap. you're not helping your self or the motor survive. whos tuning you? maybe they don't know how to tune properly. I'm hoping not the same guy that suggested getting the AFC...thats all bad. look around, no one runs neo afc on k-series for a reason, there are too many variables that AFC doesn't cover, not to mention the way it operates is not exactly favorable. I'm only speculating but i don't know if 270cc injectors can handle the amount of fuel the s2 cams require. Last i checked i/rh/e on stock cams put the duty cycle in the 90's.

as far as junk2, bc, and whatnot, its subjectable to user. I've seen nothing but good turn out for s2 products at my shop, toda technology is far more advanced than s2's. all the other stuff is negligible as its just piping. an HKS pipe isn't any more special than an AEM pipe, or even eBay from my perspective. My boss loves brian crower products.

That AFC is a terrible piggyback for the k-series though.

Good luck.

roomclearer
03-31-2012, 07:54 AM
yea im deff gonna get kpro as of now the neo hasnt given my any issues and i picked up good hp from it but yea i will do kpro soon as i can.

roomclearer
04-22-2012, 07:21 AM
ok so im deff gonna get kpro if anything so i can extend my rpm range. i got the bc cams in and they work great 170whp at 6850 or so. still climing at that rpm so if i extend to say 7700 i should be looking pretty good. heres my question. had valves adjusted they needed it and sinse then the car is giving me a check engine light for too rich but its been dynoed with neo... ik ik but its working fine like i said im getting kpro asap. why is it showing that now after valve adjustment? could ecu just think its too rich after tune but not really or after adjustment i am actually a lil rich n need re dyno n lean it out a bit?

15000rpms
04-22-2012, 08:02 AM
have you checked out k20a.org for kpro? Could the valve adjustment been done wrong? Cuz now you got aftermarket cams which is different from stock cams. Does anyone know if the valve adjustment spec needs to be different? I remember reading somewhere that it does...Good whp btw. But kpro can adjust the VTC to get more power.

roomclearer
04-22-2012, 11:49 AM
yea adjustment was done right engine is quiet n smooth enough to put a glass of wine on it lol. he did it by hand and feel to make it spot on so im thinkin i maybe a tad rich now cu before i didnt get that code but valves were off n tickin.

roomclearer
04-22-2012, 11:51 AM
oh n yes it is a bit different valve lash than stock

roomclearer
04-22-2012, 11:52 AM
also idk if this matters but i did put a bottle of that fuel cleaner in there on full tank and thats when it started giving me that rich code

sippyyy
04-22-2012, 12:12 PM
also idk if this matters but i did put a bottle of that fuel cleaner in there on full tank and thats when it started giving me that rich code

did I see you driving back into housing on post today?

roomclearer
04-23-2012, 03:18 PM
prob n bty the engine light went off n running strong. were u one in white ep3 with body kit

roomclearer
04-23-2012, 03:24 PM
honestly the only thing holding me back is my rev limiter if i could set it to 7700plus then i be in high 180s easy.

AKEP
04-24-2012, 06:06 AM
get that kpro. wont ever see any CELs. make more power.

sippyyy
04-24-2012, 03:52 PM
honestly the only thing holding me back is my rev limiter if i could set it to 7700plus then i be in high 180s easy.

saw another SSM ep3 on post today with FL plates, female driver. is that yours?

roomclearer
05-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Ill try again... I Havent read the rules...