PDA

View Full Version : K-Pro Inspection fail becuase of Readiness codes?

ImportCustomx
03-29-2012, 09:02 AM
Whats going on everyone.

My car got a rejection sticker becuase it supposedly could not read the readiness codes? or connect to the ecu to read the vitals.

Any insight as to what needs to be done.

I know the person who inspected the car, they wouldnt just do that to dick me. But could it be that maybe the stored ECU data just didnt stick (maybe battery died?)

How can i can check...i have an obd2 blue tooth scan tool with android app Torque

i can plug into K-Pro and read my ecu etc, but i cant do much becuase my KAL is from an older version of kpro and my stupid laptop is windows 7.

So my question is, how do i get this thing to pass in MA.

Suggestions?

gtolio
03-29-2012, 10:52 AM
What happens when you connect the USB, put the key to accessory, and in K-manager click on the little lightning bolt icon (or hit F10)? It doesn't find your ECU?

I know some codes stay on there until they are fixed or you clear them, and some are intermittent when there is a problem (the less serious ones).

ImportCustomx
03-29-2012, 11:46 AM
it didnt not pass becuase of codes.

it failed because their machine could not read the readiness codes.

gtolio
03-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Will they let you show them the codes on your laptop? If you click on the error codes button, it will list all of the readiness codes below (you may have already known that, just checking).

I just got emissions done on my EP3 today (with kpro) and they failed my CEL (which, in Colorado, doesn't fail you for the whole test). The light was clearly not on at any time, so I was wondering why it failed that. I'm wondering if the same thing happened as you.

This might help:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=345758

usedep3
03-29-2012, 02:24 PM
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2819963

Civic5lug
03-29-2012, 06:20 PM
:yeahthat:

ImportCustomx
03-30-2012, 10:27 AM
oh shit..that thread is good stuff becuase of all the awesomeones found in that thread.

thank you my good sirs

i will be trying this tonight.

maksym
04-03-2012, 06:11 AM
Do the same procedure as it talks about readiness codes in Helms manual. Does your check engine light blink 6 times after it stays on for 20 seconds when the key is in on position? If so, do idle relearn and drive about 10 ten minutes at 50 mph without cruise control, did the trick for me when I had my ECU reset. Or either try setting it manually through your laptop the way they say on HT forum.

Nickle n Dimin
04-05-2012, 05:34 PM
same thing here happening to me all i failed for was for overall readiness

ImportCustomx
04-09-2012, 11:12 AM
I Havnt had a chance to fix it..but i have no flashing CEL or anything.

I really havnt had too much time to play with it.. i am now fucking with my DD...fucking CMC/SLAVE/Pressure plate issue...such a pain in the ass.

sleepy ep3
04-09-2012, 11:08 PM
I Havnt had a chance to fix it..but i have no flashing CEL or anything.

I really havnt had too much time to play with it.. i am now fucking with my DD...fucking CMC/SLAVE/Pressure plate issue...such a pain in the ass.

It will be okay.

ImportCustomx
04-10-2012, 05:33 AM
haha

thanks sleepy....thank you :)

You know..i gotta say...customer service, i thought, was dead...i am incorrect.. Omni Power is sending me a new CMC ...i have had this cmc since October... What a bunch of good guys. Its like Skunk2 and Omni Power really in my experience are the only people that return phone call, emails and actually interact with their customers.

regardless..once i get that and drop that in...i will update MY dd...THEN once my DD is updated i can start screwing with the Race car with K-Pro and get this dam thing fixed.