PDA

View Full Version : Should the '02 Si be banned?*

snubnose
07-21-2002, 04:39 AM
Yes I know there will be many angry responses to my post but I think a good case can be made for banning the '02 Honda Civic Si.

It is a very dangerous car. It is so much fun to drive fast that it encourages aggressive behavior. Once you hear the engine snarl above 3500 rpms, you will never be the same.

I personally choose to listen to the engine rather than the radio.

You will be addicted to leaving other cars behind at stoplights and asking yourself, "How did those cars get way back there?"

We would be doing a service to society by permanently disabling our cars and donating the body to charity. In this way, no other unsuspecting car buyer can be led astray.

Ask yourself this question and answer honestly:

"Have I failed to break the speed limit at any time?"

As far as what other car to buy, may I recommend a Hyundai Santa Fe? It is a wise, practical car and comes with a sporty triptronic shift option.

*tongue in cheek

02TafWhtSi
07-21-2002, 06:41 AM
Yes, I have to agree with you, the new Si is so much fun that it should not be allowed on public roads*. I also find myself treating green light straight aways like 1/4 mile strips and constantly ignoring posted speed limits just to, as you had said, listen to the engine "snarl". Twisty backroads are pure heaven now and somehow sitting in stop and go traffic with that shifter doesn't seem so bad anymore. For these reasons and many more I believe this EP Si should no longer be produced - we have all become spoiled.:)

*Its fun to be sarcastic

:D

CleanBlackSi02
07-21-2002, 10:26 AM
:rolleyes: You guys are nuts.

m0ns00n
07-21-2002, 11:14 AM
LOL, I also find myself turning off the radio to listen to the engine...

ApexinSi
07-21-2002, 11:20 AM
Our cars come with radios?!?!

CleanBlackSi02
07-21-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by ApexinSi
Our cars come with radios?!?!

They do?

Pradamuimui
07-21-2002, 01:37 PM
And I thought that I was the only one that turned down the radio to listen to Vtec kick in!!!

NetDragon
07-21-2002, 05:56 PM
Hahahaha! Sooo funny.. Yeah I too have become more of an aggressive driver since I dumped my 130hp Focus for my Civic Si. I go a little faster just about everywhere and as much as I love listening to the engine ramp up, I haaaaad to replace the head unit. GAWD what a boring A$$ radio! hehehe..

i-WERKS
07-22-2002, 08:21 AM
I use to hate catching red lights. Now I purposly slow down to catch a red. That way I can do more shifting.

MoodySi
07-22-2002, 11:41 AM
The stock radio sucks! Listening to the chirp from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd is far more enjoyable.

broad_st.
07-22-2002, 12:35 PM
i heard Raid was going to use the si in their new commercial
with the slogan "kills bugs fast"

HondaMan
07-22-2002, 01:29 PM
LOL! Great thread. ;)