PDA

View Full Version : IS Honda shop being fair

the_real_7
03-31-2012, 02:46 PM
Hello guys needed a opinion , I have a shop that did my engine swap I had a engine k20z1 someone was selling for 2800 with tranny , but my shop convinced me to buy their engine for 3000 since they where doing swap for 1000 . . . . So I decided to do it along the way I added engine mounts and had them put a LSD in for 550 , shop said it found bad second gear they said needed to change for 350 I told owner he should be responsible since he selling engine , but in end I paid for it , not wanting any problems , .. So now after I get car home engine is leaking oil either from crank pulley or rear seal . . Should this be his responsibility or mine ? I believe it should be his responsibility , but this is my first engine swap . . Please opinions needed . . . . :mfrown:

mitchlikesbikes
03-31-2012, 02:55 PM
talk to the shop owner about it. if he's cool and wants your business, he will take responsibility for the bad gear and oil leak.

if not, tell everyone you can about how they jewed you over. haha

Nickle n Dimin
03-31-2012, 03:06 PM
shouldn't have had to pay for the gear try and stand your ground with the oil leak n get them to fix it

USAF EP3
03-31-2012, 03:07 PM
If you would've paid my gas to drive down and pizza/beer I would've helped you put in the swap no problems...

This is why I will never let a "shop" touch my car. It's gonna be me and my friends, I got my trusty Helm Inc. manual to do all the work (and tools).

Here at EPHatch we have a great community unlike some other forums out there *cough HT COUGH* so you're more than welcome to come here and ask the locals for help, worst we can say is no.

McTaggart34
03-31-2012, 03:17 PM
If you would've paid my gas to drive down and pizza/beer I would've helped you put in the swap no problems...

This is why I will never let a "shop" touch my car. It's gonna be me and my friends, I got my trusty Helm Inc. manual to do all the work (and tools).

Here at EPHatch we have a great community unlike some other forums out there *cough HT COUGH* so you're more than welcome to come here and ask the locals for help, worst we can say is no.
This is EpHatch love :)

Blah1219
03-31-2012, 03:28 PM
Eek yeah those prices sound fair, but if you know the right people then it just chump change and you'll actaully learn a lot out of it.

Yeah its not your fault they sold you an lemon engine. Make him put new seals in it!

the_real_7
03-31-2012, 03:40 PM
This is EpHatch love :)
Definately some ephatch love guys , thanks for the support making me feel much better about situation , and like palways you guys have been supportive . . The second gear I ate cause car was apart , but now that you guys have agreed with me , and confirmed what I'm thinking , I feel the guy and taking advantage of my newb ways of engine swaps but I'm hold my ground ans try my best to be cool and work it out , but no he's going to have to repair the oil leak , I mean for god sake he had car 4 weeks in shop . . .
Usaep thanks for the offer man really nice of you I would of brought car there lol and got beer and wings lol easlily with lots of gratitude , I had a engine in Orlando I was going to pick u , so would of been great but your right next time I should ask for help and I will :mwink: I didn't want a shop to touch my car alive done most work shocks springs and such . . But engine was a bit of a tall moutain to me . . .
I feel price is fair like you guys say . . . But I shouldn't have to keep fed the same job money right now total with engine mounts LSD engine tranny hondata untuned was 7100 he gave me 600 for my old setup . . After this kind of job and k20 shouldn't be leaking oil . . Car is there now there 4days so let's see how this guy handles it
Also he said he used a base map I have header greedy exhuast and stock intake missing hoses he lost grrrrrr but car is only doing 170 miles a tank , sucking gas like a vampire feels very rich what should I do about that should I find a tuned map , is he giving a shity map to charge me tuning
Let's

Nickle n Dimin
03-31-2012, 03:53 PM
too many red flags.. find a more reputable shop/tuner after you get the car back.. did you pay for tuning when he just gave you base map?

the_real_7
03-31-2012, 04:13 PM
too many red flags.. find a more reputable shop/tuner after you get the car back.. did you pay for tuning when he just gave you base map?
I'm thinking same there was a couple guys here , but someone said this guys work was clean which is it . . But yes to many flags shooting up with this guy after car gets fixed , I'm find another tuner shop . . . No I don't pay for tune that he asking me to do , but car at least should be like a rsx with base map , yes it fat but idling heavy after take foot off gas stay at 1200 rpm for 10 seconds then drops to 900 , and car is sucking gas like a old 70 car . . . Is the hondat something I can fix temp till I can rebuild funds for proper tune . .

Nickle n Dimin
03-31-2012, 04:25 PM
plenty of people here willing to lend a helping hand.. assuming that when you get the car back in tip top just do more research on the kpro for when you do get it back start a thread and go from there in the ecu/tuning section wish you best of luck with this

the_real_7
03-31-2012, 06:06 PM
plenty of people here willing to lend a helping hand.. assuming that when you get the car back in tip top just do more research on the kpro for when you do get it back start a thread and go from there in the ecu/tuning section wish you best of luck with this

definitely , it nice everyone here is able to help with input , well now after i get car back ill just have to move forward , and start posting question about different things , that need to get done , actually i'm heading over there now thank guys

makavelibranded
03-31-2012, 07:48 PM
Do you have kpro?

sleepy ep3
03-31-2012, 08:10 PM
Definately some ephatch love guys , thanks for the support making me feel much better about situation , and like palways you guys have been supportive . . The second gear I ate cause car was apart , but now that you guys have agreed with me , and confirmed what I'm thinking , I feel the guy and taking advantage of my newb ways of engine swaps but I'm hold my ground ans try my best to be cool and work it out , but no he's going to have to repair the oil leak , I mean for god sake he had car 4 weeks in shop . . .
Usaep thanks for the offer man really nice of you I would of brought car there lol and got beer and wings lol easlily with lots of gratitude , I had a engine in Orlando I was going to pick u , so would of been great but your right next time I should ask for help and I will :mwink: I didn't want a shop to touch my car alive done most work shocks springs and such . . But engine was a bit of a tall moutain to me . . .
I feel price is fair like you guys say . . . But I shouldn't have to keep fed the same job money right now total with engine mounts LSD engine tranny hondata untuned was 7100 he gave me 600 for my old setup . . After this kind of job and k20 shouldn't be leaking oil . . Car is there now there 4days so let's see how this guy handles it
Also he said he used a base map I have header greedy exhuast and stock intake missing hoses he lost grrrrrr but car is only doing 170 miles a tank , sucking gas like a vampire feels very rich what should I do about that should I find a tuned map , is he giving a shity map to charge me tuning
Let's

4 weeks? Lol. I was outta my shit for 2 years.

PAPITUYO326
03-31-2012, 08:46 PM
If you get fed up with that shop, take it to my boy Tony. He will make it right.

http://mpautomotive.com/About_Us.html

Blah1219
03-31-2012, 09:09 PM
7100!!! Holy smokes!! I paid 4k for rebuilding my engine which includes some legit parts. But I also am doing the breakdown, rebuild, and install myself.

the_real_7
04-01-2012, 02:37 AM
Do you have kpro?

yes i ahve a kpro , but do i understand it yet no , but i know my car map is bad , cuase my girl has a v6 honda 6 speed 07 , best freind has a 2006 s2000 , and ive had a rsx , and none swallow gas like this , even when racing . it crazy ? ? ? ? ?

4 weeks? Lol. I was outta my shit for 2 years. well lol now that some poetic justice for me lol

PAPITUYO326

If you get fed up with that shop, take it to my boy Tony. He will make it right.

thanks man , if you get a chance can i pm you , but man the reference really helps , my name is tony to lol

Blah1219

7100!!! Holy smokes!! I paid 4k for rebuilding my engine which includes some legit parts. But I also am doing the breakdown, rebuild, and install myself.

price inst the problem sort of if he ate a bit and did a great job man i wouldn't mind , but now hes acting like hes doing me a favor , ill show you how it worked
1.k20zi engine and tranny ( says it has 30 k on it ) $3000
2.lsd install and purchase oem 400 plus 75 install
3.hondata for ep3 ecu 1000
4.hasport engine mounts 400 something
5.2nd gear not in great sahpe say Honda charged 330 from honda and he replaced
6.installed my plm header and made test pipe 40 bucks
7.1000 engine install becuase i bought his engine
8. lets see if he trys to charge me oil leak

i was taxed also on this job and he credit me $600 for my k203a with tranny and new clutch

but man for 4 weeks he couldn't take time and change seals that where needed , and yet i know if hell charge me like he did the 2nd gear of the tranny he sold me , for the oil leak

again thanks everyone for the support , now seems i got some help in miami and also users in this forum who understand the newb thing i cant and what's going on , so main idea is to get my car back in hands without burning anyone bridges , but im not spending another dime on this job , for something on his part. . . if anyone is in miami please pm me so i can ask about this shop and tuner experiences

USAF EP3
04-01-2012, 02:44 AM
If I get a weekend off sometime soon I'll drive down and checkout the car myself and see what's up. I'm not a certified mechanic but I've had just about every single problem with a Honda since I was 15 and fixed them all myself.

I'll shoot you a PM when I'm available so you can let me know if you have the car in your possession or not.

the_real_7
04-01-2012, 02:54 AM
If I get a weekend off sometime soon I'll drive down and checkout the car myself and see what's up. I'm not a certified mechanic but I've had just about every single problem with a Honda since I was 15 and fixed them all myself.

I'll shoot you a PM when I'm available so you can let me know if you have the car in your possession or not.

thanks man for the support USAF EP3 , would be great have a nice pad extra room a lot of beer :) , some support from another honda person would be great , i feel im being taken advantage of for sure , and at end i just want my clean ep3 clean taken care of i think ive been fair and paid my dues . . . but do you mind after this if i pm you of the news going on USAF EP3 ? , so you can offer me your feedback on situation . . but regardless a beer is deserved " thanks guys " will get some pick up of the ep soon really clean 02 had 5 years and kept her clean

cheers

makavelibranded
04-01-2012, 07:47 AM
yes i ahve a kpro , but do i understand it yet no , but i know my car map is bad , cuase my girl has a v6 honda 6 speed 07 , best freind has a 2006 s2000 , and ive had a rsx , and none swallow gas like this , even when racing . it crazy ? ? ? ? ?

LOL ive had it for years and still wont touch it myself but yes youll need a tune every engine/altitude/ambient temp. is different, and hopefully this will help you, maybe you can find a better map on here or something for the time being.

AKEP
04-01-2012, 08:01 AM
edit: im retarded.

all the money you just paid for tranny work, should have just stuck to the ep tranny and rebuilt that/tsx 6th gear + LSD. i hope he makes good on this, else just start droppin his name. thats shady.

the_real_7
04-02-2012, 09:49 AM
update : tuners says that some o ring is leaking and waiting for part to come in from Honda cause it was back ordered , hasn't so let see how long this takes , so far he had car 6 days

the_real_7
04-02-2012, 09:52 AM
yea i had said the same think to him . . . it would of also kept me from having to get a hybrid speed converter and my lockout would of still worked , but he said that was more money . . . . now i see he selling my tranny on k20.org $750.00 when he paid me $600.00 for my engine and tranny
you live and you learn i guess

edit: im retarded.

all the money you just paid for tranny work, should have just stuck to the ep tranny and rebuilt that/tsx 6th gear + LSD. i hope he makes good on this, else just start droppin his name. thats shady.

iDom
04-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Always always always triple check everything, and then double check what you just triple checked when dealing with a shop. If you're getting a used motor, fine. BUT, in the invoice, make sure they state that it is used BUT IN GOOD WORKING condition with no problems at all. Be very tedious and be very specific.. Unless you have money to blow and don't care. Always cover your ass.

If this were to happen to me, their shop would be nothing but smoldering remains. That's complete bullshit. They persuade you in to buying their motor and trans, and don't even cut you a deal on install, and there's a fucked up gear in it? Piss on that. Now it's leaking oil? What a bunch of scum bags.

I would sincerely look in to filing complaints with the BBB and even threatening to take them to small claims court.

SkareKrow
04-02-2012, 10:06 AM
yea i had said the same think to him . . . it would of also kept me from having to get a hybrid speed converter and my lockout would of still worked , but he said that was more money . . . . now i see he selling my tranny on k20.org $750.00 when he paid me $600.00 for my engine and tranny
you live and you learn i guess

Ouch man sorry they.ripped you off. Wish also we had more USAF ep3 out on the westcoast to help. Way too many haters out here.
I just seen on craigslist a k20a3 complete swap for 3200$ Crazy people I think selling for over priced. Just get the help from the community.

:ephatch::inlove::smile: A well deserved beer,pizza & wings seems better then these thieves. If anything goes wrong so many people here can help.

Sent from my PC36100 using Xparent Red Tapatalk

Red_liner740
04-03-2012, 07:13 AM
The way i look at it, If i mess up, i have nobody to blame but myself, but at least i'm not out money for someone else to mess up.

Some things i really dont want to bother with, like suspension due to seized crap, but i've done everything from auto to manual swaps to engine swaps, rebuilds and forced induction and it was always a challenge and fun. Its so much more satisfying when you finish a big job and take it out for a spin vs just picking it up from a shop. Speaking of which i'm dropping the car off for a wheel bearing. Thats one of those things where i'd gladly pay someone else from past experience.

the_real_7
04-06-2012, 04:30 PM
update guys been to mad to discuss , but now im a bit better went to pickup car there tuesday , he said was finished and that it was the oring on the vteck and oil sensor so ok im like let me test drive he like fine try her out . . . i go down street then all the sudden car start idlin crazy and tachometer is going up and down with engine light . . . go to gas station turn car off , try to restart and i here start trying but wont like something is weird , he comes we push start it and ride it back to shop , he check for a losse ground notha take hondata apart notha says he thinks it alarm " but i explained ti him after the car been driving 5 years and was driving fine and got here fine , car has a Clifford 700 series btw . . . he asked me didn't i have to take the car back to alarm place to fix i say yes after engine swap i had to repair the black jack , it work on the tach and was disconnected , but all my guy of 5 year did was hook it back to the tach meter . . so now this shop owner start taking aprt my bottom dash and bypassing alarm car still does same , now shop owner is getting mad and blaming his tuner jerod and saying he should be guy fixing , since he paid him mechanic work . . . so now the ball is getting thrown around . . . so today i call none will answer phone i go to shop and there working on shop and my car is still parked . owner say go talk to tuner so i do , i explain that yes im upset iver never heard of a swap taking 6 weeks and if he was busy and didn't have the time , he should of told me he was busy and i would of taken my my business somewhere else simply he said he hasn't look at car and has only heard what owner of shop has to say , but hell look tonight . . . this is such bs , when i get my car im dish this shop on the forums badly . . . but if anyone is in Miami stay away from hybrid werks period. . . guy runs a shop very unprofessional i don't care how much he knows about honda . . . sorry guys blowing off steam

USAF EP3
04-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Take them to small claims court man. Have written proof of the work they did on your car and have documentation on what's wrong with the car.

If they sold you a used engine in their shop you need to have a disclaimer of some sort from them that you had to sign saying if they had any type of shop warranty on the engine. If they didn't then you might be screwed.

You've spent over 7 big ones on this car so far with these guys and I'm telling you bro, for half that you could've had a K24A1/A2 with a 6speed working in less than a week and still have cash left over for a power-adder (maybe GReddy turbo or JRSC).

You need to get some kind of equity back from them, whether it be in parts, service, or cash. They've given you the run-around and now you need to do it back to them.

Nickle n Dimin
04-06-2012, 05:31 PM
small claims court and get the car outta there asap

the_real_7
04-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Take them to small claims court man. Have written proof of the work they did on your car and have documentation on what's wrong with the car.

If they sold you a used engine in their shop you need to have a disclaimer of some sort from them that you had to sign saying if they had any type of shop warranty on the engine. If they didn't then you might be screwed.

You've spent over 7 big ones on this car so far with these guys and I'm telling you bro, for half that you could've had a K24A1/A2 with a 6speed working in less than a week and still have cash left over for a power-adder (maybe GReddy turbo or JRSC).

You need to get some kind of equity back from them, whether it be in parts, service, or cash. They've given you the run-around and now you need to do it back to them.

I feel your right man , but do i pull my car now or wait another week is my question , shops here have a engine shop start warranty on engine but for the work im sure he has to have some kind of liability , ehtier way im start looking up small claims court and get all my fact together he still hasn't given me my renewed bill but i have my check and his first bill as proof , but im also going to hit him in k20.org , because he already lieing about the tranny he got from my car . . . this is getting ridiculous , and plus him having attitude . . . plus he been stupid cause he doesn't use phone only uses messages on Facebook so i have all recorded , but my main issue is get car back first , who know what this guy Brent Derringer from hybrid werks capable of " hopefully google now will catch his name here for future refrence

the_real_7
04-06-2012, 05:59 PM
small claims court and get the car outta there asap im give him till weekend and then , have car pulled out Monday , i don't want him telling court i didn't let him fix car get me . . . man oh man did i slip with this guy

superchargedk20
04-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Damn man sux to hear. I had my shop do my engine swap with turbo and tune. But everything went smoothly for me. Except the little tiny issues that u would expect when doing a motor / turbo swap. But I also never got charged for anything additional. It sux to know theres shady shops like where u went. I dont get how businesses stay open when they screw there customers over so bad. I hope u get ur car back in working order man. I really hate to hear on what ur going through. There are reputable and trusty shops out there, its shady places like where u went that ruin it for the honest shops. My shop just upped thr boost and retuned. A few days later I got a cel for random misfires. I brought it back . He street tuned my car I got it back at the end of the day. He charged me nothing . I still threw him a 50 caus I appreciate everything they do for me. No cel for misfires since

the_real_7
05-06-2012, 12:46 AM
sorry its been a while guys was disgusted , after the previous the guy destroyed my alarm . . cause was bad alternator , youd think he check that first before destroy my system . . . but that just the cake . . . 4 days later my car wont shift 3rd gear and after hes has my car 2 months he says i signed receipt that say he not responsible . . douch bag ill fix him later , but lucky me USAF EP3 is willing helped me , im going to tampa friday he said he will find the problem ,that's ephatch luv

the_real_7
05-16-2012, 12:05 PM
END OF STORY . . . .

Hey guys been a long two months since i started this , well all has come to a good ending . USAF EP told me to take a drive down to tampa from miami so he could help me get the ep3 back into shape , she had idling problems , wouldn't shift 3rd gear , and truthfully just was running like crap .
now i dont know if any of you have ever met usaf ep , but man one of the nicest guy ive ever met , and like to get things done properly the first time , no wasting time with him . . I got there friday 5pm and we got to work and starting bringing the tranny down , but the time we had sub frame down he noticed i had no knock sensor , so he took off the throttle body manifold and we drove to his friends to recover a ep3 knock sensor , this in all threw our game off for the rest of the night , because the manifold itself was a pain in the ass . . next day we started again after a good breakfast welll lunch lol , and got the tranny down and open within a hour and a half , found the 3rd 4th fork broken after we dissemble the transmission , before we know it its late again, he picks up a freind and we work to 6 am in the morning. soon as we get car on pavement usaf ep is on his way to loading the right map , as my car was running a k20A2 Map , he shows me " so wonder car was running like garbage we say " we load map , stop for some 93 octane , hes said lets hit the highway and watch what the Kpro does . . . sooon as we hit that highway I am amazed , it was like having a new car , with all the repairs made , the car was fast , running very smooth , but man was she fast . . . basically being a Honda again . .

but lots of thanks again to USAF EP for extending his help his time , his knowledge , if you guys ever see him on forum , and he gives you advice take it , hell save you a lot of bs , thanks again Bro your a lifesaver

Also some luv to my girl for being patient and helpfull ! ! !

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k7/chronicse7en/My%20Ep3/IMAG0777.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k7/chronicse7en/My%20Ep3/IMAG0757.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k7/chronicse7en/My%20Ep3/IMAG0753.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k7/chronicse7en/My%20Ep3/IMAG0754.jpg

usedep3
05-16-2012, 01:56 PM
That's awesome man

:ephatch:

'USAF EP3' for Prezidentz

PAPITUYO326
05-16-2012, 02:07 PM
Big ups to USAF Ep3

USAF EP3
05-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Lol, no need to flatter me fellas. I do appreciate the kudos. I just want to help as many people as I can. I love the EP3 and the community along with it. It truly is like no other Honda out there so far and we have the least amount of idiots compared to all the other Honda models' followings.

It was rewarding enough for me to see the_real_7's face light up when he finally got to drive his car the way it was meant to be :mbiggrin:

usedep3
05-16-2012, 02:53 PM
It was rewarding enough for me to see the_real_7's face light up when he finally got to drive his car the way it was meant to be :mbiggrin:

I imagine it was similar to the expression that cat in your avatar has.

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
05-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Def not being fair

the_real_7
05-20-2012, 03:23 AM
I imagine it was similar to the expression that cat in your avatar has.

i would say was much better . . . . close to being un vtecsized again :)

the_real_7
05-20-2012, 03:28 AM
Def not being fair defiantly not , but all has been fixed . . it sucked but the outcome was worth alot , knowing there's good people out there to make things work out right . . . that's ephatch luv

15000rpms
05-20-2012, 09:01 AM
defiantly not , but all has been fixed . . it sucked but the outcome was worth alot , knowing there's good people out there to make things work out right . . . that's ephatch luv

I've been away for awhile now. Sorry to hear about that bro. So when are you going to bash that dude on k20a.org?

superchargedk20
05-20-2012, 11:15 AM
Bump for Ephatch love! Glad to hear all is well!