PDA

View Full Version : air intake recommendation for a k20z1 swap

the_real_7
04-02-2012, 09:55 AM
anyone have any air intake recommendation for a k20z1 swap , im down here if Florida so i gotta be wary of hyrdolock i think

cheers . . . .

mitchlikesbikes
04-02-2012, 11:48 AM
if you're worried about hydrolock just get a decent SRI. even an ebay one would be fine and cost effective if you upgrade the filter.

any ep3 spec intake will fit your swap if you're concerned about that aspect of it.

the_real_7
04-02-2012, 12:54 PM
if you're worried about hydrolock just get a decent SRI. even an ebay one would be fine and cost effective if you upgrade the filter.

any ep3 spec intake will fit your swap if you're concerned about that aspect of it.

ok i just wnated to make sure all fit the same around block . is the performance of all sri roughly the same ?

mitchlikesbikes
04-02-2012, 01:46 PM
ok i just wnated to make sure all fit the same around block . is the performance of all sri roughly the same ?

essentially yes. bigger piping and filters will give you a bit more power though.

USAF EP3
04-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Do you want noise or power or both?

For power but no noise, do the Hondata stock intake air box modification and a K&N drop in filter.

For noise and some power, go for any aftermarket intake whether it be eBay or brand name.

For power AND noise I have read nothing but great reviews for the AEM V2 intake.

the_real_7
04-03-2012, 05:04 AM
Do you want noise or power or both?

For power but no noise, do the Hondata stock intake air box modification and a K&N drop in filter.

For noise and some power, go for any aftermarket intake whether it be eBay or brand name.

For power AND noise I have read nothing but great reviews for the AEM V2 intake.

I want power but not so much the noise , was looking at that Hondata stock intake air box modification , does it still give good gains , I heard same about the AEM V2 intake about great gains , but a bit noisy , i mean after i got those plm headers the car is noisy anyways even with the greddy exhaust i got to muffle the sound

what are you running for a intake

essentially yes. bigger piping and filters will give you a bit more power though.

what are you running in your car ? mitch

USAF EP3
04-03-2012, 01:29 PM
I want power but not so much the noise , was looking at that Hondata stock intake air box modification , does it still give good gains , I heard same about the AEM V2 intake about great gains , but a bit noisy , i mean after i got those plm headers the car is noisy anyways even with the greddy exhaust i got to muffle the sound

what are you running for a intake

what are you running in your car ? mitch

I'm running a turbo for an intake lol.

Before I had turbo I was using the Injen MegaRam short ram intake. It was noisy but the heat soak was almost not worth it.

I would go with the Hondata intake air box mod. Cutting the excess plastic will allow the air to flow with less turbulence and give you as much gain as any short ram out there on the market.

There's a reason why the Mugen airbox is IDENTICAL in design/shape to the stock box, except it's made out of dry carbon lol.

lemonhead228
04-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Yea i have the dc5 v2 and I gotta say its a good Sri but its not loud unless you go wot. When driving regular shifting around 3-4k its pretty quiet. But when your at wot it screams at high rpm, its not over bearing but it sounds really good. I traded my injen Cai for it on crsx cuz the rain down here gets pretty bad.

Look up the YouTube vid on the v2. The guy gives a good walk through of how it works and the install which is a piece of cake.

the_real_7
04-19-2012, 04:43 AM
went with the Civic Si Injen MR Cold Air Intake (SP1576) got cheap from corsport . . . . the con of the SRI to me was the louder sound up at the dash plus the heatsoak , I paid way to much for my kpro to be losing power . . but if i was running stock i would get the v2 hands down im sure . . will report back if any gains