PDA

View Full Version : Suspension and Wheels

thekidep3
04-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Have a couple of problems I need help with. I'm going to be lowering my car on progress springs, will I need to purchase a camber kit, front/rear/both? Also, I'm going to be putting on 16inch HFP wheels off of a Honda Fit Sport, what size tire would you guys recommend me putting on it? Lastly, I wanted the wheels to stick out further than they do now, do you think 10mm spacers will give it a more flush look? Thanks

AttarixEp
04-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Depends how low you go. A 2in drop will give you roughly -2.0 to -2.5 degrees of camber, which is almost a full degree negative from spec. This will work though to your advantage if you want to space the wheels out more. If you want less/more/or even camber angles, you will need a camber kit for sure. At 2in drop, the front doesn't really change at all, so it's up to you if you want cam bolts.

Tire size, probably a 205/50. 205/45 if you want a little less sidewall, wouldn't do a 40 series, it will really start to mess with the speedo. If you want more beef, you can always step up to a 215/50. 215/45 will sit almost like a 205/50 but just be a bit wider, which will help with handling and performance.

Spacers, sure, the bigger you get, the farther from center of angle you get as well. Basically just puts a little more stress on the bearings with more weight outside of center. Same basic idea with lower offset wheels. I'm assuming those wheels are 40 something offset, so with a 10mm spacer, you'd still be well above what a lot of guys run.

mitchlikesbikes
04-02-2012, 05:02 PM
i'm at -2.8 degrees of camber on my eibachs(a little under 2" drop). i don't mind it though, so i haven't gotten a camber kit yet.

AttarixEp
04-02-2012, 06:10 PM
i'm at -2.8 degrees of camber on my eibachs(a little under 2" drop). i don't mind it though, so i haven't gotten a camber kit yet.

I think I maxed at -2.7* on my 2in drop. Which was on oe struts at the time too. Which will also change the angles FIY