PDA

View Full Version : Think my clutch is going..

skoolnu
04-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Well my daily drivers clutch is going i think... 1st gear starts with a violent shaking, not every time, but often now. It dosent slip, or grind... It can be a tad harder to get in first and second gear. So would you agree its my clutch?

USAF EP3
04-03-2012, 04:18 PM
While driving, go about 20-30 MPH and put the car in 4th or 5th gear, make sure the RPM's are low (about 1500-2500) and floor the accelerator pedal. If the RPM's start going up erratically then you're clutch is slipping and thus need a new one.

EUB44
04-03-2012, 06:38 PM
While driving, go about 20-30 MPH and put the car in 4th or 5th gear, make sure the RPM's are low (about 1500-2500) and floor the accelerator pedal. If the RPM's start going up erratically then you're clutch is slipping and thus need a new one.

:thumbu:

Civic5lug
04-03-2012, 06:44 PM
sounds like a motor mount to me.

AttarixEp
04-03-2012, 07:21 PM
sounds like a motor mount to me.

2nd! That's where I would start.

skoolnu
04-04-2012, 06:45 AM

It doesn't slip

ImportCustomx
04-04-2012, 08:06 AM
Could be your clutch slave slipping my friend... or your Clutch master cylinder could be shitting the bed.

check your fluid..if its low, or if there is a leak, fluid level will drop..if the slave is slipping, your pedal feel may not be what is used to or the hardness of the pedal vary day to day. if thats the case then my friend you need a new Clutch master cylinder, or a slave.

I personall wish i went to clubep3.com and bought the cmc and cs they had for sale on there. its a good deal. I went with an omnipower and some random slave...

check that first...clutch can be expensive to just guess and throw money at.

this is a quick video i made of the CMC when i had my issue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aq6oipiql4&list=UUX9GvnEt29puQoW9ugcRTjw&index=2&feature=plcp

TheKone
04-04-2012, 08:09 AM
Well my daily drivers clutch is going i think... 1st gear starts with a violent shaking, not every time, but often now. It dosent slip, or grind... It can be a tad harder to get in first and second gear. So would you agree its my clutch?

I had a pressure plate start to go on another car of mine which made similar problems to what you are explaining. However, I would be more inclined to agree with the others that said it's a bad mount.

jettadreams
04-06-2012, 06:40 AM
Could be your master cylinder, at least that's what it was for me first gear was hard to engage I thought it was the tranny or maybe a motor mount since my trans mount was bad. Ended up the master was on its way out and started to not engage the clutch all the way making it shake in first and hard to shift into some gears... I bled mine out and the issue went away but I had to replace it later on.

skoolnu
04-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Its becoming harder to put into gear now... The shaking isnt as bad, still can feel it a little bit, but not enough where it would shake my hat off my head. Im going to order a new clutch for it this weekend.