PDA

View Full Version : AC gone bad?

Popeye
04-04-2012, 01:43 PM
I dont know if its possible, but I just got my car going today after it sat for over 6 months.....now the AC isnt blowing cold air. Do I have to maybe recharge it or something? Or should it be fine, and my shiz is f'd up?

Manny Kid 15
04-04-2012, 03:32 PM
You can take it where they do AC and get it checked to make sure all works properly and no leaks and then have them recharge it...

Sent from MANNY KID 15 using Tapatalk

AttarixEp
04-04-2012, 03:37 PM
The only way to tell for sure is to have it recharged with a dye to pin point if there's a leak and where exactly. But to answer your question, yes, very possible. The shop I work out get loaded this time of year with all the people whose a/c magically stopped working over winter. 90+% is a leak.

Popeye
04-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Cant you use something like soapy water or something? Any typical spots the system usually leaks from in our cars?

AttarixEp
04-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Not sure, Most cars leak at the condensor, or connection points. Basically the weak points of an ac system. I can't say I've ever tries using soapy water.

Popeye
04-05-2012, 11:35 AM
I tried a dye. According to the lack of any visible dye, I didnt/dont have any leaks. I put in a small can of 134, and guess what? It blows cold air now! lol I do have one question for anyone that's familiar with doing it yourselff.....the hose/gauge I have has a thing where you move the glass to where this section of the glass is over the outside temp, according to the gauge. There is a needle on the gauge that I am guessing you have to get it to that little window before it's charged. Am I correct on that? If so, then I need another stupid can. lol
If ya'll need me to, I can take pics.

303EP
05-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Old thread but check to see if your compressor clutch is engaging. I didn't use my A/C for months and when I finally turned it on my clutch didn't engage. I replaced the relay and everything and still didn't work but that might be your problem