PDA

View Full Version : Need help real hard going into 4th

ilovemyep3
04-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Hey guys I was driving home today and everything was fine till I stop at a light and I took off again and going into frist fine second find third fine but when I went to put it into fourth it was realy hard to get into it goes in every gear fine.just not fourth pedal feels the seem any ideas what It could be the car has 105k on it thanx in advance

Blah1219
04-05-2012, 07:09 PM
When is the last time you had a tranny flush?

ilovemyep3
04-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Around 2 years ago

ohdamngetit
04-05-2012, 07:41 PM
I felt a slight notch going into 2nd gear from 1st. Changed out the tranny fluid with Honda MTF and it fixed it. I, personally, usually do mines every 2 years with the brake fluid.

ilovemyep3
04-06-2012, 08:36 AM
Anybody eles know of what could be making it hard to get into it

lil_Eggy
04-24-2012, 02:08 PM
Mine had the same problem. Transmission fluid change didn't help much. Over time it finally got it I couldn't shift into it at all (about a year).

Had a shop look at it and they said I needed another transmission. So I decided to run it into the ground.

Transmission died about 6 months later.

Now I have a 6 speed :)

Hope your's doesn't have the same fate.

Civic5lug
04-29-2012, 07:52 AM
Change fluid ASAP. If that doesn't fix it, You'll need a new synchro. While your in there, you might as well order all the syncro's

Mine had the same problem. Transmission fluid change didn't help much. Over time it finally got it I couldn't shift into it at all (about a year).

Had a shop look at it and they said I needed another transmission. So I decided to run it into the ground.

Transmission died about 6 months later.

Now I have a 6 speed :)

Hope your's doesn't have the same fate.
SMH they raped you. Prob only needed some simple parts to fix it.

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
04-29-2012, 08:00 AM
I'm having the same issue. Should i fix my tranny or get a 6 speed with lsd??

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2