Heated Catalyst: Unsupported
EVAP: Ready
Secondary Air Injection: Unsupported
AC: Unsupported
02 Sensor: Ready
02 Sensor Heater: Ready
EGR: Unsupported

my cat is off and am running an older version of kpro and have greddy turbo kit
so my question, what needs to be READY ? would installing my cat back on fix this issue and get what needs to be ready... READY. i did take it to the tuner to have him set readiness (i don't have laptop) drove to inspection and got the same readout as above + now a CEL just minutes after i get out of the inspection parking lot

Nickle n Dimin
04-06-2012, 10:57 PM
anybody? I might just order the cat tomorrow and wanted to know how getting 1 would set the readiness, so i can take it back to inspection without failing again.

superchargedk20
04-07-2012, 12:13 AM
It's supposed to be like that. Some things aren't supported hence why it says unsupported. if u have a cel u will fail emissions. Set readiness and check through an obII scanner. If it reads what ur first post says then ur good to go. U need to find out what ur CEL is first. I've never had an issue with emissions and I have a 3in exhaust no cat and a revhard turbo kit

Nickle n Dimin
04-07-2012, 12:20 AM
i went in twice to inspect the car both with the same obd2 readings from above and i get failed the CEL didn't come on till i left this afternoon. i will scan for the CEL in the morning

superchargedk20
04-07-2012, 08:41 AM
And whats the reason they told u your car failed?

superchargedk20
04-07-2012, 08:45 AM
There's a pic of my passed inspection. Same readiness monitors as you.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc65/superchargedk20/IMAG0227.jpg

Nickle n Dimin
04-07-2012, 09:40 AM
And whats the reason they told u your car failed?

There's a pic of my passed inspection. Same readiness monitors as you.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc65/superchargedk20/IMAG0227.jpg

i failed for overall readiness it specifically says that and only that part of the test i failed i dont get how someone with the same ready would pass .. unless it has to do with the state? ..also checked CEL it was PO171 and was cleared

superchargedk20
04-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Ur failing caus u need a new primary o2 sensor. Ur car isn't able to adjust fuel properly because ur primary o2 went. I'm pretty sure that's a running lean code. Even if u clear that code it will continue to pop up.

superchargedk20
04-07-2012, 10:45 AM
If I was you I would resest my ecu, either disconnect the battery, or through the fuse box. Drive my car for 10 -15 mins go on the highway. If theres no CEL at this point then Set ur car to readiness in kpro and immediately go to emissions.. if u still fail u need a new primary and I would Prolly get the CEL simulator as well ( I have one and have yet to fail emissions) . Regardless u need that primary fixed . I had a similar code and thank goodness I had a wideband gauge or else I would've never known I was running lean

Nickle n Dimin
04-07-2012, 10:48 AM
yeah i have wide band to AEM and it just recently showed me running lean after i had tuner set readiness man i dont know what is going on now

Civic5lug
04-07-2012, 10:50 AM
Who's your tuner?

Nickle n Dimin
04-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Who's your tuner?

pm'd you:mbiggrin:

superchargedk20
04-07-2012, 11:01 AM
yeah i have wide band to AEM and it just recently showed me running lean after i had tuner set readiness man i dont know what is going on now

Relax man I had the same issue. Wideband gauge ftw! Just get urself a new primary sensor. Go to corsport they will take care of u. Thats where i got mine and never had to change it again. Over 3yrs with it now. Just get the o2 simulator while ur at it. There's an awesome write up on Clubrsx for it. It's a 5 dollar part at autozone. Everytime that code comes up just keep resetting ur ecu until u get that primary sensor.

Nickle n Dimin
04-07-2012, 11:51 AM
still don't understand how my OBD2 FAILS when urs passes with the same reading

superchargedk20
04-07-2012, 02:24 PM
I think its because ur car has to complete a cycle before everything is ready. That primary 02 sensor is still going through its cycle before u get to emissions causing u to fail. Then when it completes its cycle ur CEL is turning on for that lean code. Only thing I can think of or ur emissions place hates u and is just failing u on purpose

superchargedk20
04-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Next time ur in ur car and ur cel isn't on. Turn ur key to position II. When ur cel light turns on watch it. If it just turns off then ur car is ready. But if the cel blinks for a few, then ur car still isn't ready

Nickle n Dimin
04-07-2012, 02:49 PM
I think its because ur car has to complete a cycle before everything is ready. That primary 02 sensor is still going through its cycle before u get to emissions causing u to fail. Then when it completes its cycle ur CEL is turning on for that lean code. Only thing I can think of or ur emissions place hates u and is just failing u on purpose

lol that thought crossed my mind.just tried what you had said about turning key to position II CEL and EPS STAYS ON till i start the car any input? Am going to tuner on MON and see what he says and what he recommends me doing to pass

superchargedk20
04-07-2012, 03:11 PM
If it stays on then its caus u have that code. Reset battery. Set readiness in kpro. Drive ur car a little bit. Then turn it off and put it in position II if thr cel turns off ur good for emissions. If it continues to blink keep driving . Once u get it to stop blinking rush ur ass to emissions before ur CEL comes on. If that fails u need that sensor replaced

Nickle n Dimin
04-07-2012, 03:18 PM
i am pretty sure that is what the tuner did i was in the car and the cel was turned off in position II I'm just SOL with out a lap top and might go get a netbook that can run kpro so i may do it closer to inspection any ideas on a cheap netbook that can run k manager

and by the way thank you for your quick responses to my posts:mbiggrin::mbiggrin:

superchargedk20
04-07-2012, 03:25 PM
No prob. Emissions is a bitch. I've learned through the years how to beat it lol. I've never failed . And I have a full custom 3in exhaust no cat turbo with a k24 swap. Just passed like 3 weeks ago lol. Good for another 2yrs . Keep us updated ! Good luck

Nickle n Dimin
04-07-2012, 08:15 PM
so i did go and get a net book that will run k manager:mcool: usb drivers are not installed and it is the latest version (yet to hook into my kpro). question is when i do plug into my kpro will i be able to see my cal if it not the same version of kpro, didn't want to make another thread and will try and keep this experience in this 1 thread

SkareKrow
04-07-2012, 11:21 PM
I'm Glad you got some help Bruh! :smile:

superchargedk20
04-08-2012, 09:22 AM
so i did go and get a net book that will run k manager:mcool: usb drivers are not installed and it is the latest version (yet to hook into my kpro). question is when i do plug into my kpro will i be able to see my cal if it not the same version of kpro, didn't want to make another thread and will try and keep this experience in this 1 thread

U need to get ur kal from ur tuner. U need the actual file. Have him email it to u

Nickle n Dimin
04-08-2012, 12:03 PM
i go see him tomorrow. Will i have a problem, I think my Kal is from a older version of kpro... been driving the car and still no CEL after i got it cleared from autozone

update:didnt get kal from tuner so some one on here suggested i download and save to my netbook. all is good and will try again now that i have the means to do this myself

Nickle n Dimin
04-10-2012, 07:22 PM
got my inspection for anyone having the same problems i suggest getting a netbook that can run k manager and learning you some kpro

superchargedk20
04-10-2012, 10:36 PM
You finally passed?

gtolio
04-11-2012, 07:19 AM
I don't know what state you're in superchargedk20, but if it's not New Jersey, it may be different regs than what he has. It varies widely from state to state. In Colorado, they can't fail you for a CEL.

Still, it IS supposed to say unsupported in those areas which do not apply on the EP3, so that shouldn't be failing you anywhere, if that's the case.

superchargedk20
04-11-2012, 07:43 AM
I don't know what state you're in superchargedk20, but if it's not New Jersey, it may be different regs than what he has. It varies widely from state to state. In Colorado, they can't fail you for a CEL.

Still, it IS supposed to say unsupported in those areas which do not apply on the EP3, so that shouldn't be failing you anywhere, if that's the case.

I live in connecticut. U need to pass an obII scan with no CEL.

Nickle n Dimin
04-11-2012, 08:51 AM
You finally passed?

yep tuner set me up all i had to do was keep car running clear dtc and set readiness and i passed OBD2 now on to the next problem which is my idle on start-up