PDA

View Full Version : Amber bumper lights

Postman158
04-08-2012, 12:36 AM
Anyone know where I can get some amber (or yellowish) bumper lights for the front and back? When I bought my EP, it had clear bumper lights and side markers from the previous owner. Any help would be great!

Thanks

mitchlikesbikes
04-08-2012, 01:27 AM
hmm. i think the only option is to get OEM ones if you want them colored properly. fleabay only sells clear and tinted from what i've seen.

i just colormatched mine NHBP with the stuff from o reillys and i'm happy with it. they're obviously not functional any more though.

ragebomb
04-20-2012, 01:13 PM
hmm. i think the only option is to get OEM ones if you want them colored properly. fleabay only sells clear and tinted from what i've seen.

i just colormatched mine NHBP with the stuff from o reillys and i'm happy with it. they're obviously not functional any more though.

OP, judging from you avatar you have NHBP. I do too. Color matching is a good way to go. I tinted mine black and removed the bulbs from all 4 corners. Really cleans up the look of the car. Those bumper lights were obviously designed as an after thought and I've always hated them.

That said if you still want them, they are amber in front, and red in back. eBay or an import parts recycler is your best bet.

mitchlikesbikes
04-20-2012, 01:45 PM
OP, judging from you avatar you have NHBP. I do too. Color matching is a good way to go. I tinted mine black and removed the bulbs from all 4 corners. Really cleans up the look of the car. Those bumper lights were obviously designed as an after thought and I've always hated them.

That said if you still want them, they are amber in front, and red in back. eBay or an import parts recycler is your best bet.

mine are full on paint matched NHBP, not just tinted

tinman5
04-21-2012, 05:31 PM
Myself and another member have used glass paint on the clear lenses. I got a price of $80 a light from several online dealerships and even more locally. I simply bought the Ebay clear lights and painted them with yellow glass stain.
I found it at Michaels Crafts...and stuff. Its a small 6oz aerosol can from Krylon. The color is yellow 9024. Simply scuff down the lenses and apply several LIGHT coats. The color will start off dark yellow and turn darker with each coat. I stopped at around 5 coats and the color is just a shade darker than the butterscotch color of the factory lights.

Postman158
04-23-2012, 11:56 PM
mine are full on paint matched NHBP, not just tinted

Do you have pics?

ttttrigg3r
04-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Myself and another member have used glass paint on the clear lenses. I got a price of $80 a light from several online dealerships and even more locally. I simply bought the Ebay clear lights and painted them with yellow glass stain.
I found it at Michaels Crafts...and stuff. Its a small 6oz aerosol can from Krylon. The color is yellow 9024. Simply scuff down the lenses and apply several LIGHT coats. The color will start off dark yellow and turn darker with each coat. I stopped at around 5 coats and the color is just a shade darker than the butterscotch color of the factory lights.

I also did this. There's a DIY with pictures in the DIY. It looks pretty good.

mitchlikesbikes
04-24-2012, 02:25 PM
Do you have pics?
there are pics in my member's ride thread but i don't think there's too many close ups

bchaney
04-26-2012, 09:15 PM
I was in the same boat as you, picked up some OEM ones off eBay cause I wasn't gonna pay the crazy stealership prices (why the hell are these so expensive?). Just keep an eye out on eBay or the classifieds here, ppl get rid of them when they switch to the clear ones, JDM bumper, etc.