PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Plate failure?

ImportCustomx
04-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Hey guys, Searched a few threads nothing really said what i am about to say. just a weird issue i am having..wont go away.

So a few months back, i thought my Clutch master cylinder went, soo i replaced it with an omnipower one...4 weeks later..blew the omni power stainless braided line, they overnighted me one, problem solved for a little bit.

Then my pedal hits the floor and fluid levels were normal...didnt even fluctuate. So after stripping it down and seeing what was going on i assumed it had to be the Slave. Replaced the slave. now the real issue:

When the car is off, the pedal is solid, feels great. Feels the way it should. The slave is pushing the fork no problem. When i start the car and then try the clutch pedal, i can feel a pretty good vibration through my pedal, almost like shuddering...wont go into any gears etc. pedal goes the floor and barely returns. shut the car off...pedal goes back to being stiff again.

This leads me to believe that my pressure plate is gone. does this seem logical? could it be my CMC again? maybe the omni one is failing?

Does the clutch/pressure plate need extra force one the engine is started and the resistance now is exposing a weak point in my lines? maybe the line that goes from the fluid resevoir to the cmc. It appears no leaks etc.

Any suggestions or any who had the same issue, please advise me what to do. I am tired of not having my DD car. Driving the 258whp k24 monster gets nerve wracking..the local smokies dont like it either :D:mangel:

btw car has 103,000 miles - oem clutch etc still...i believe the kid that owned it before me was a tard.

ImportCustomx
04-10-2012, 05:35 AM
Nothing Eh?

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
04-10-2012, 07:13 AM
I would defiantly change the whole clutch assy. K series trannys are know for pressure plate failure.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

ImportCustomx
04-10-2012, 08:51 AM
well Omnipower has sent me out a new CMC just to make sure theirs is not faulty...i think the diaphram on their might be faulty..we will see..if this doesnt fix it..then crack that tranny i must </yoda>

beefed88
04-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Pressure plate and possibly the springs that are in the disc. That is exactly what happened with mine. I replaced the slave cylinder trying to t/s.

ImportCustomx
05-04-2012, 06:00 AM
Pressure plate and clutch springs failure confirmed. I new it :(

Already fixed and back on the road.

Draw7Seven
05-04-2012, 09:31 AM
But did you do it DEFIANTLY?

ImportCustomx
05-07-2012, 05:43 AM
lol What?

Yes i did. its done.

Draw7Seven
05-07-2012, 08:42 AM
Defiantly =/= definitely, these are two different words with two different meanings. I was playing off of the first response.

ImportCustomx
05-08-2012, 08:02 AM
haha, just saw that...

carry on..nothing to see here