PDA

View Full Version : P1129....+ Limp Mode Under 3000RPM How to fix?

SkareKrow
04-15-2012, 12:08 AM
Just popped a P1129 Map to High or something like that code. What can I do to fix it. I reset the code and it turned off for a while and then finally came back on. I reset it again. It turned on after I drove over 75 Miles. Went into limp mode & I can't rev pass 3000RPM. What do you all think it could be?

Latest Upgrades/Mods Installed.

1. Adjusted Throttle Cable.
2. Upgraded Spark Plugs.
3. Installed a hondata ecu.

Let me have some feedback guys! Thanks all in advance.

USAF EP3
04-15-2012, 12:48 AM
I just Google'd "P1129 honda civic" and from what I've collected it's a bad MAP sensor. "MAP higher than normal" at idle. Swap the MAP out with a buddy that has a known good functioning one and see what happens.

mitchlikesbikes
04-15-2012, 12:55 AM
I just Google'd "P1129 honda civic" and from what I've collected it's a bad MAP sensor. "MAP higher than normal" at idle. Swap the MAP out with a buddy that has a known good functioning one and see what happens.

i <3 this site.

:thumbu:

USAF EP3
04-15-2012, 12:57 AM
If that doesn't work, crack open the IACV and remove the throttle body for a good cleaning. When was the last time you did that? If it has never been done now would be a good time to do it lol.

Was that sarcasm mitch? Lol. My e-Reading skill is only 15/100, I haven't trained it long enough.

AKEP
04-15-2012, 03:39 AM
which ecu? if you put kpro in you might have to check if it has the right MAP sensor selected too.

SkareKrow
04-15-2012, 07:09 AM
Idle is normal. I'll let you guys know to day Im driving about 40 Miles to work. I will find out if if I get Rev-Limited @ 3K.

If that doesn't work, crack open the IACV and remove the throttle body for a good cleaning. When was the last time you did that? If it has never been done now would be a good time to do it lol.

Have not ever done any of that. Sounds like a good time. I have been wanting to replace the Throttle Body with a HR one :smile:

which ecu? if you put kpro in you might have to check if it has the right MAP sensor selected too.
KPro. The Right "Map Sensor"? Please explain more. I'm running This .Kal Right now. That I found in the forum.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?44703-Share-your-Kpro-Emanage-AEM-EMS-etc-tune-and-setup-here&p=954077&viewfull=1#post954077

I only edited so that my "CEL" For the O2 Sensors was off Primary & Secondary. I disabled them. That's the only thing I did to it. Here is my edited version of the same .kal with 02 sensors removed since they removed them at the Muffler Shop.5885

USAF EP3
04-15-2012, 01:43 PM
Don't replace it with an HR one unless you port match the intake manifold. You're going to disrupt the flow of air from the intake if you do this and actually LOSE power.

This is what AKEP is talking about:

bluedemonep3
04-15-2012, 03:03 PM
Jaime im telling you to stop trying to fix everything with windex lol. No but seriously i agree it must be the MAP sensor

SkareKrow
04-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Don't replace it with an HR one unless you port match the intake manifold. You're going to disrupt the flow of air from the intake if you do this and actually LOSE power.

This is what AKEP is talking about:

i finally got a chance to get on kpro again. Map sensor is stock...
Anything else. This weekend ill probably pull the entire throttle body.

Sent from my PC36100 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

mitchlikesbikes
04-17-2012, 01:42 PM
no sarcasm here.

good advice is always a thumbs up

SkareKrow
04-17-2012, 04:05 PM
no sarcasm here.

good advice is always a thumbs up

:smile: Good Sportsman ship!:focus:

AKEP
04-19-2012, 04:54 AM
yeah just try to clean it out, if that doesn't work, use another map. its possible yours is toast for no reason. :shrug:

SkareKrow
04-19-2012, 09:03 AM
yeah just try to clean it out, if that doesn't work, use another map. its possible yours is toast for no reason. :shrug:

No worries. Ill take it apart this weekend. I want to install my new hr tps sensor. I have.

Kerby
04-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Went into limp mode & I can't rev pass 3000RPM. What do you all think it could be?

am i the only one that giggled and started thinking of sexual innuendos while reading this?

you got all your issues squared away bro?

SkareKrow
04-19-2012, 01:19 PM
am i the only one that giggled and started thinking of sexual innuendos while reading this?

you got all your issues squared away bro?

Ummm Not really. Yes and No. Yes as in CEL is off due to.KPRO clear dtcs and no. Due to sometimes when I have been driving it blinks. But hasnt turned on yet. I think Im going.to buy a map sensor. The light has not came back since I have posted but the.blinking is what worries me. Thats what hap last time blinking then CEL came on and I cleared dtcs the first time.
Any more advice...

USAF EP3
04-19-2012, 01:35 PM
Do you have the box checked that says: "Flash MIL when knock detected"? If you do your CEL will flash when it senses a ghost knock or real knock.

SkareKrow
04-20-2012, 02:59 AM
Do you have the box checked that says: "Flash MIL when knock detected"? If you do your CEL will flash when it senses a ghost knock or real knock.

I have no idea. I will look for it in a few hours when I wake up going to crash for the night... Thanks to all the advice and help. Also today it was blinking anytime I went over 4k and in 4th gear more then the other gears.

hyu
04-20-2012, 02:58 PM
Overevved accidentally due to rain and in limp mode/limp mode symptoms.... Won't let me engage past 2k rpm... I pulled the battery to clear the codes.
Gigantic puddles everywhere and I have a SRI thank god...
All the CELS were gone and it drove fine but it randomly put me in limp mode twice on the drive home. Now what?

USAF EP3
04-20-2012, 02:59 PM
If the ECU senses real knock and misfire it will put the car into limp mode. That's why I asked if he has the "flash MIL if knock detected" because if he's getting real knocks the ECU will force itself into limp to prevent further damage.

hyu
04-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Oh this was for me. Just happened 30mins ago... I still pulled my battery no idea what else to do. Still no CEL's

Also sorry for the threadjack didnt want to start another limp mode thread

hyu
04-20-2012, 04:02 PM
That was weird... Pulled the battery and none of my usual CELS came on... Pulled the fuse for ECU and all the CELS that I know I have came back and the limp mode gayness went away

SkareKrow
04-21-2012, 03:37 PM
I have flash mil checked.. Should I uncheck it...

USAF EP3
04-21-2012, 04:41 PM
You don't have to. It just explains why you have you CEL flashing lol. You were saying it was flashing as if you didn't know why. Now you know :mcool:

SkareKrow
04-22-2012, 08:55 AM
You don't have to. It just explains why you have you CEL flashing lol. You were saying it was flashing as if you didn't know why. Now you know :mcool:

Thanks Bruh. Appreciate that. No CEL have came up other then the flashing one. When I see it. I usually Start drivimg under 3k. Just.me being paranoid.

USAF EP3
04-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Lol, the flashing means it's detecting knocks or ghost knocks, it's not an actual code. It's just a way of indicating what the knock sensor is seeing. A real CEL and code will keep the MIL lit steady all the time. If your MIL is lit up steady you can hook up Kpro through your laptop and it will tell you the code /error/

SkareKrow
04-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Lol, the flashing means it's detecting knocks or ghost knocks, it's not an actual code. It's just a way of indicating what the knock sensor is seeing. A real CEL and code will keep the MIL lit steady all the time. If your MIL is lit up steady you can hook up Kpro through your laptop and it will tell you the code /error/

Got.it thanks for the tip.

MajorJones
04-30-2012, 06:57 PM
Hope all is good now Skarekrow!

Keeping this limp mode thread open to everyone...
I'm on a base map and today on my lunch break i wheel spun on the wet ground and jumped to 7k since then i can't rev past 4k (I have only gone up to 4k 3 times since the swap. Once before the limp mode and twice after.) I started researching and found this thread.

My mods are: Kpro revhard stage2 turbo kit 550cc

I did that and this is what i got :mfrown:...

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x240/StraightEpPower/2012-04-30184340.jpg

How phucked am I guys?

SkareKrow
04-30-2012, 07:00 PM

I'm on a base map and today on my lunch break i wheel spun on the wet ground and jumped to 7k since then i can't rev past 4k (I have only gone up to 4k 3 times since the swap. Once before the limp mode and twice after.) I started researching and found this thread.

How phucked am I guys?

Nice set up... Im running okay just small crap to deal with Idle is Horrible.... Im idling at 1500rpm. Mep..Ill Fix it.

MajorJones
04-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Mine was doing the same.I sprayed some soapy water a found 2 vacuum leaks. Then my idle was back to normal.

I'm pretty sure my codes are from the spark plugs needing to be replaced. I'm going to run some lucas octane booster thru too. That should clean the injectors.

There is so many different things it could be. it could be the spark plugs, injectors needing to be cleaned, spark plug wires, head gasket, timing is off, a dozen different senors. Crossing my fingers that is something simple.

USAF EP3
04-30-2012, 07:57 PM

How phucked am I guys?

Holy shit. I don't know where to start.

SkareKrow
05-01-2012, 12:07 AM
Holy shit. I don't know where to start.:pray::frusty::faint: I feel you!

MajorJones
05-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Little update, I changed the plugs and put lucas octane booster in. Now the only code popping up is P0500-VSS and P0141-secondary O2. I'm just going to buy a need speed senor to get rid of P0500 but any thoughts on getting rid of the secondary O2 senor code?

USAF EP3
05-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Little update, I changed the plugs and put lucas octane booster in. Now the only code popping up is P0500-VSS and P0141-secondary O2. I'm just going to buy a need speed senor to get rid of P0500 but any thoughts on getting rid of the secondary O2 senor code?

Disable it in Kpro under the "closed loop" tab