PDA

View Full Version : mesh grill

OrganDonar 8=D
07-21-2002, 07:49 AM
does any1 know where to get sheets of mesh grilling?

SpeedRacer
07-21-2002, 10:45 AM
go to a hardware store but i wouldn't recommend it. It dosnt get the same shape as when you buy it plus it is alot harder than it looks to get it in. Grill Craft will have a cool mesh grill out for us in like a month. They are using my car as the demo car to fit it onto so i will get it for free :) but yea just wait for them

DrPimpSiR
07-21-2002, 06:04 PM
Speed-
Is that grill going to be for the top or bottom or both.
I used Ractive's aluminum mesh to cut out for the bottom, and was going to do the same for the top.
It looks good, but nothing beats a professional job.
If you want to buy just the mesh, do a search on ebay for "mesh grill"

OrganDonar 8=D
07-21-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer
Grill Craft will have a cool mesh grill out for us in like a month. They are using my car as the demo car to fit it onto so i will get it for free :) but yea just wait for them

ahh the benefits of living in CA. there aren't any companies doing cool shit like that in MA. i have the same ? is it for top bottom or both. thanks for the reply

SpeedRacer
07-22-2002, 01:39 PM
it is for both sorry for not getting back to you guys sooner but i have been busy. Anyways it is for the top and bottom it should be available for everyone to buy by september. I am putting it on my car most likely at the end on august.

DOTEK
07-22-2002, 02:36 PM
Great news Speedracer!

Any idea on pricing? don't you hold out on pictures now ya hear! Since you're the project car, maybe you could talk them in to some sort of group-buy discount.

SpeedRacer
07-22-2002, 03:33 PM
well theyhavn't put it on my car yet and im not sure how much it is going to retail for but when they actually put it on my car i will ask them and see what they say about a group buy for sure. I dont have a digi cam otherwise i would have put pics of my car on the site already :(

DrPimpSiR
07-23-2002, 10:20 PM
Here's a pic of my car with the lower grill done. I bought the sheet from a local speed shop, and made a template myself.
I was going to do the top, but I want to wait to see what the Grill Craft Kit looks like.

2k2civicSi
07-23-2002, 10:31 PM
looks good did how did you screw it on or did you?

DrPimpSiR
07-24-2002, 12:55 PM
I used mechanic's lock-wire at two spots right beside the factory foglight areas. I'm going to use another type of rust resistant wire later on. I've seen it done with clear Zip-ties as well, but I think the wire is less noticable.

SLOlife
07-24-2002, 01:07 PM
hahaha
It makes the smiley face more pronounced:D

DrPimpSiR
07-24-2002, 01:16 PM
Well anyone would be happy to see that smile fastly approaching in their rearview mirror!!
Until it blew by them, to their SiRprise!

It also keeps crap out of my condensor and rad!

SpeedRacer
07-25-2002, 09:09 AM
that looks good i cant wait till grill craft puts it on my car. i will have them take pictures of it because i dont have a digi cam

stingyboy
07-25-2002, 05:09 PM
oh shit DrPimp, that looks so damn good on silver!! ::drool::

why didn't i think of that?

SmoothOperator
07-25-2002, 06:52 PM
I made my own grill for my EG too. It's actually a simple process that makes a dramatic difference. good work Dr pimp. We'll have to organize an ontario meet soon!

DrPimpSiR
07-25-2002, 09:15 PM
Well, ALLRIGHT!!
Thanks for the compliments.
How many Ontarians do we have on the forum? 4?

SmoothOperator
07-25-2002, 09:23 PM
How many Ontarians do we have on the forum? 4?
might be more.....? We should get an Ontario section in the forum! DownTheHatch, you listening?