PDA

View Full Version : BCSS shiftboot length

ryboto
04-19-2012, 05:45 AM
I want to get a new shiftboot to match the TSX knob I just got, but wasn't sure what the length reduction is with a BCSS shifter. Redlinegoods can make one as short as I want it, so how much shorter vs stock should I get it, 1''? 1.5''?

AKEP
04-19-2012, 10:12 AM
the bcss sits as high as the stock shifter. just get the jdm boot.

ryboto
04-19-2012, 10:48 AM
the bcss sits as high as the stock shifter. just get the jdm boot.

That can't be true. With the BCSS, my shift boot is all bunched up...definitely wasn't the case with the stock shifter...

mitchlikesbikes
04-19-2012, 02:32 PM
That can't be true. With the BCSS, my shift boot is all bunched up...definitely wasn't the case with the stock shifter...

just use your stock boot without the ugly chrome colar

ryboto
04-19-2012, 07:20 PM
just use your stock boot without the ugly chrome colar

Does the colar come off easily?

POOPTOOTH
04-20-2012, 06:07 AM
I used the stock shift boot with my BCSS, with great success. As for that ugly chrome collar all you need to do is cut it in half and flip it upside down, so you just see the black round clip on top and the chrome is hidden inside the boot. If that makes sense?

This is the best pic I have for reference:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m317/justdugan/knob.jpg

ryboto
04-20-2012, 06:21 AM
I used the stock shift boot with my BCSS, with great success. As for that ugly chrome collar all you need to do is cut it in half and flip it upside down, so you just see the black round clip on top and the chrome is hidden inside the boot. If that makes sense?

This is the best pic I have for reference:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m317/justdugan/knob.jpg

makes sense...hmm...didn't want to have to cut anything...

mitchlikesbikes
04-20-2012, 01:48 PM
if you just get creative and take your time with it you can do some good things. i'm on the stock boot with the chrome color cut down to about half size, dremeled a bit to fit my ball style knob, and painted black. looks gooooood man!

i do like pooptooths idea too though:)

priligybay
04-20-2012, 02:19 PM
thats Great thanks