PDA

View Full Version : 08 si muffler on ep3???

gtecd20
04-21-2012, 12:50 AM
so ive been thinking bout grabbing this 08 si muffler i saw on craigslist and ive been doing some seachering but cant really narrow it down
but can this work?
i pretty much want to connect this to my current pipe for my greddy evo2 so when i go on long trips i can replace the evo2
but any info would be great

gtecd20
04-21-2012, 08:28 AM
yea all that i could find was on clubrsx and it talked about putting a RSX type s exhaust system in an ep3 bout how it should work but would just need to correct the length since the 08 exhaust is about 3 inch to long
but im sure it can be done with just some welding just wanted to see who has done it and what it looks like does it sound nice?

Draw7Seven
04-21-2012, 10:26 AM
I'm not sure if you're talking about ONLY the muffler (axleback) of the 08 or if you mean you want to be able to swap out the entire catback system. Regardless, what I'd do is have an exhaust shop standardize the flanges on all 3 connections (header/cat, first exhaust setup, second exhaust setup), and then standardize the length if you do need the extra length cut out of the 08 exhaust. That way once the flanges are all identical you could just swap out exhausts to your heart's content. But I would recommend changing out the axleback only because I'm not sure the 08 exhaust's fitment would be correct at all between the cat and the axle.

gtecd20
04-21-2012, 11:01 AM
nah dont want the entire setup was only talking about muffler (AxelBack) since i want to hook it up to my greddy pipeing i know they will have to cut the pipe from the muffler to fit the flange size and length but mostly my question is has anyone done this yet?
if so whats the clearence with the fitment of the muffler? were there much modifications needed to make it fit?

stuff like that

Draw7Seven
04-21-2012, 11:08 AM
Honestly I would get an OBX twin loop if you want something more bearable noise-wise. From googling "fg2 axleback ep3" most of what I'm coming up with suggests that it won't work without modification and unless you're basically getting the FG2 axleback for free you may as well just get something that will definitely fit. The OBX twin loop is known for being quiet at low RPM and only opening up when you want it to, and axle backs on our cars rarely effect HP by any significant amount (for example the stock muffler for an EP3 is non-restrictive up to about 300 HP by some accounts).

gtecd20
04-21-2012, 11:56 AM
humm thats some good info, i have a complete stock setup spare well came with the car
was originally thinking about getting the stock axleback ep3 muffler and cutting the flange making it fit to the same size as my greddy pipe since im running a JRSC but if i ever sell the car will suck if the new owner wants it all back to stock
but now that lets me know better, i do like how my brothers fg2 exhaust sounds its nice for stock but dont want to modify alot to make it work hummmmmmmmmmm.....