PDA

View Full Version : Question about basic coilovers

EP3Lov3
04-21-2012, 05:29 AM
I'm in the market for some coilovers and I am heavily leaning towards the Tein Basis because of the price ($680) and made in Japan from a company that knows their stuff. Has anyone had experience with these? I will be lowering about 2.2 inches and I'm at stock height now. I tried doing some research for what coilovers are good for our cars but came up with not a lot. If the Tein Basis aren't good, then what other coilover should I look at that won't blow or rust within 3 years? This is my daily driver and I don't care if the ride is stiff or anything like that. I will also be occasionally doing some spirited driving also. Thank you!

04blkep3
04-21-2012, 06:35 AM
I'm in the market for some coilovers and I am heavily leaning towards the Tein Basis because of the price ($680) and made in Japan from a company that knows their stuff. Has anyone had experience with these? I will be lowering about 2.2 inches and I'm at stock height now. I tried doing some research for what coilovers are good for our cars but came up with not a lot. If the Tein Basis aren't good, then what other coilover should I look at that won't blow or rust within 3 years? This is my daily driver and I don't care if the ride is stiff or anything like that. I will also be occasionally doing some spirited driving also. Thank you!

i heard the progress competion coilovers were good. i was planning on getting those but for rsx type s spec and get the rsx tie rods.

EP3Lov3
04-21-2012, 06:46 AM
Whats better about buying the Type S spec?

04blkep3
04-21-2012, 11:19 AM
Whats better about buying the Type S spec?

i mostly read up on this type of things. this guy "mustclime" has the answers to suspension give him a pm he will be glad to assist you in this stuff.

http://forums.clubep3.com/showthread.php?t=563391

EP3Lov3
04-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Not a member of clubep3 =(

04blkep3
04-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Not a member of clubep3 =(

mitchlikesbikes
04-21-2012, 03:44 PM
rsx tie rod ends are bigger and stronger. that's really the only advantage