PDA

View Full Version : Buying oEm parts

03ep3midnight
04-23-2012, 05:22 PM
Alright I'm trying to buy some type siR parts for my si and the guy at Honda doesn't seem to know there is a difference in between the 2 so in order to order parts he wants a vin number so he can just search it bynvin. What can I tell him or give him to make him understand or is there a random vin number I can use. Just need some help getting these parts ordered

mitchlikesbikes
04-23-2012, 05:29 PM
what parts are you ordering from the SIR? from what i've heard they aren't easy to get outside of canada.

Jmage
04-24-2012, 02:57 PM
Except for the heated mirrors, what would you want from a SiR?? Maybe you're searching for a Type "R" instead? If so, in both case you will have a hard time finding those parts in the USA

03ep3midnight
04-24-2012, 08:24 PM
I'm trying to get everything I need body wise and rim wise to have the type r look. Motor comes later

mitchlikesbikes
04-25-2012, 05:16 PM
even if you could get that stuff at an american dealership it would cost probably like >5k.

do more research about acquiring JDM parts before you jump into things.

Supaduck
04-25-2012, 06:26 PM
One doesn't simply buy type R parts from an American dealer.

That being said. take your time, look at the classifieds, and acquire it piece by piece basically.

ShadowEP3
04-25-2012, 07:25 PM
ignore these guys, just take your money and throw it in their faces

guarantee you'll get everything you need

the_real_7
04-26-2012, 12:20 PM
get after market jdm and paint or get real usdm looks just a good and is real , at this point it hard to justify paying 10.000 or more on these cars , when they are hiting 10 years , I just put 7000 into mine and sometimes get second thoughts . . but if i where buying i like showstopper usa

gtolio
04-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Maybe I'm severely noobing myself here, but I thought the SiR (Canada) and Si (US) were identical, with the exception of the badges (and little options like the heated mirrors)?? The Type-R EP3 is obviously different altogether from the other two.

What exactly are you looking for?

mitchlikesbikes
04-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Maybe I'm severely noobing myself here, but I thought the SiR (Canada) and Si (US) were identical, with the exception of the badges (and little options like the heated mirrors)?? The Type-R EP3 is obviously different altogether from the other two.

What exactly are you looking for?

like jmage said, the heated mirrors are really the only difference. i would assume this guy is looking for JDM/EDM parts that can't just be bought at a dealership here.

a wise man once said "you can't just jump in the ring cause you think you can box"

gtolio
04-26-2012, 03:30 PM
a wise man once said "you can't just jump in the ring cause you think you can box"

:rofl: He KNOWS i can box.

But yeah, SIR =/= Type-R, and I think this guy is looking for the latter.

03ep3midnight
04-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Just to clarify I would like RO do the type r conversion

EUB44
04-27-2012, 03:58 PM
It will cost u alot man. I wouldnt spent much that money for ep3. just my opinion.