PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Club Racing Spec Dampers

MCeez02Si
01-07-2003, 12:22 AM
Hey all,

I'm not too familiar with suspension components. Can anyone tell me what Dampers are? On the official buddy club wedsite, there's a set of Racing Spec Dampers for our cars. From the pictures, it looks to me like a strut/spring combo. To check it out go here (it's in Japanese though):

http://www.first-inc.co.jp/buddyclub/m_news.htm

When you get there, click on the Racing Spec Damper link on the left. Once you get to the next page, scroll all the way to the bottom and click the left icon that says Racing Spec Damper. Once you're at that page, scroll down and you'll see that there is an application for the EP3.

yomamaInMySi
01-07-2003, 08:17 AM
That's basically a coilover systems that will cost you an arm, a leg and your wife in order for you to purchase. Well it's more like 2500 or something like that.

goldy02
01-07-2003, 09:33 PM
i almost bought those two weeks ago, until i talked to a guy that has them on a dc5 and he said that they are too harsh for street driving and is in the process of selling them, they are a straight race set up not for the roads

so i bought the tein type flex setup

mario
04-15-2004, 01:50 AM
hey......buddy club have 2 models of suspension, one is RACING SPEC, THAT IS FOR DAILY DRIVING! coz it has 15 ways for you to ajdust the softness and hardness. the other one is P1 RACING, that is for AUTO CROSS AND TRACK DAY USE ONLY! dun mess up with that. i'm using racing spec, and tune to the soft side, very comfortable, and one mor thing, TEIN WILL RUSTED AFTER 6 MONTHS OF SO, IT CAN'T ADJUST THE RIDING HEIGHT, SOMEHOW MY FRIEND GOT FXXK UP COZ THE WEATHER IS REALLY BAD (SHOWER, SNOWING). AFTER A MONTH HE GOT PULL OVER AND FORCED TO ADJUST THE RIDE HEIGHT, TOO BAD, AND GUESS WHAT, THE ARMS AND SCREWS OF THE TEIN BASIC SUSPENSION WERE RUSTED.....if you still wanna change to tein....go ahead.....think about buddy club or jic, price is a problem, but worth you at least 5 years.

03silverEP
04-15-2004, 03:48 PM
I ahve also heard about Tein not being snow friendly. consider KW-V2 coilovers, same as the rest: full threaded body 16 way adj. dampening, but KW makes the housing out of stainless steel, won't rust! $1200