PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to have RSX Tein Street Basis on the ep

EP3Lov3
04-24-2012, 12:11 PM
I'm going to buy some rsx spec tein street basis because of the stiffer spring rates, is there any downside to this? From what I read, all I need is RSX tie rod ends and that's it. Is there any other parts that I need to install the RSX spec coils on my ep? Also, for what year RSX should I order the coilovers and the tie rod ends??

USAF EP3
04-24-2012, 12:18 PM
If you're using EP3 rear swing arms, you're going to need to shave the bushings on the rear struts.

I'm using RSX coilovers for my EP3 but I'm using everything from an RSX for my suspension.

EP3Lov3
04-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Would I be able to get new bushings for an EP in the rear?

EP3Lov3
04-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Or re-use the bushings from my stock shocks?

USAF EP3
04-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Not sure, when I ordered my coilovers they came with solid bushings and not rubber or polyurethane.

Also, from what I've read I don't think the EP3 strut bushings will fit, but I could be wrong. When you get yours in take a picture to compare and show us if they will fit.

EP3Lov3
04-24-2012, 01:58 PM
If I get the coils for the rsx haha I might end up just buying them for the EP, but still researching

04blkep3
04-24-2012, 07:14 PM
If I get the coils for the rsx haha I might end up just buying them for the EP, but still researching

niiice good buy! take pics when you do order them

b_ron
04-24-2012, 07:25 PM
Just get them for the right car. I still have mixed feeling about my tein basics.

EP3Lov3
04-24-2012, 07:42 PM
Just get them for the right car. I still have mixed feeling about my tein basics.
What's wrong with your Tein Basics? I'm getting the Street Basis, I think they are the product line above the Basics

USAF EP3
04-24-2012, 08:58 PM
He can get them for the RSX, it'll work. Don't know why he want's the RSX ones specifically though. Only reason I went with DC5-S coilovers is because I have everything DC5-S, EP3 stuff wouldn't bolt up.

As for the spring rates, get them custom ordered. Call the company and have them switch the springs for you, it really isn't much more than the standard price to get custom spring rates, all you have to do is ask.

AKEP
04-24-2012, 09:21 PM
you just need tie rod ends and shave the rear bushings on the coils to fit the ep lca. its like a couple millimeters.

EP3Lov3
04-25-2012, 04:57 AM
He can get them for the RSX, it'll work. Don't know why he want's the RSX ones specifically though. Only reason I went with DC5-S coilovers is because I have everything DC5-S, EP3 stuff wouldn't bolt up.

As for the spring rates, get them custom ordered. Call the company and have them switch the springs for you, it really isn't much more than the standard price to get custom spring rates, all you have to do is ask.

I never knew I could get custom spring rates, do I call Tein directly? or where I'm ordering from, because where I'm ordering from they are for sale about $60 cheaper including shipping

b_ron
04-25-2012, 06:38 PM
What's wrong with your Tein Basics? I'm getting the Street Basis, I think they are the product line above the Basics

Rear heights keep shifting. But then I have feelings that my suspension bushing may be worn or something.
And, I wish they came with their own top hat assembly for the rears, since apparently I was missing some spacer or something, so I had to make up spacers that would work.

Other than that, I like the feel. Not too much stiffer than the stock but a comfortable stiff for a daily.

USAF EP3
04-25-2012, 07:06 PM
I never knew I could get custom spring rates, do I call Tein directly? or where I'm ordering from, because where I'm ordering from they are for sale about $60 cheaper including shipping

Try first with the vendor, if that doesn't work out, call TEIN or whoever you're buying from directly. If they don't offer custom spring rates, then you either need to move up to a higher product or switch companies.

lemonhead228
04-30-2012, 07:54 AM
If you want a stiffer ride check out buddy club rsd. Read some good reviews bout them. I'm gettin the n+ cuz it can Ho softer