PDA

View Full Version : OMFG! Electronic Power Steering

KaeDu
04-24-2012, 12:29 PM
So my electronic power steering is not working...at all. I replaced the motor after I blew it up and now it doesn't work. The light is on. There is troubleshooting information that we were able to pull with my buddies Snap-On Solus Pro. The fuse looks good and when tested with the multimeter read like 1 ohm or less. I tried to do the pin test with the multimeter but our leads are too big. Does anyone have any experience with this?

After speaking with a tech at the dealership he said that they normally don't just go out and that they last the life of the vehicle. I cannot see any or damaged wires in the engine bay or to the ECM under the dash. HELP!

KaeDu
04-24-2012, 10:44 PM
Bump!

makavelibranded
04-24-2012, 11:11 PM
Completely unrelated but it is a BUMP!!

When I 1st got my ep, I was getting an oil change and in the middle of it I was told by a tech. I should change my power steering fluid soon (among other things):tehehyper: never went there again.

gtolio
04-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Completely unrelated but it is a BUMP!!

When I 1st got my ep, I was getting an oil change and in the middle of it I was told by a tech. I should change my power steering fluid soon (among other things):tehehyper: never went there again.

For real? LOL You should have just pointed to the door and said "get out... no, don't look at me, just get out." :tehe:

Side note #2. Did anyone else see that the new 991 911 has EPS? I'd be interested to see what that system is like compared to ours.

heyvortek
04-25-2012, 12:10 PM
try looking at the #4 fuse under the steering wheel. i had my alternator fuse blow out and caused cel light and eps light to come on.

KaeDu
04-28-2012, 02:20 AM
I think that I did already...but I will be sure to take another look. @heyvortek: that fuse caused your CEL and EPS to come on? The fuse fixed it or was there more to it?

heyvortek
04-28-2012, 01:45 PM
fused fixed it. just make sure to check all the fuses first. thats the only help i can give u from experience.

KaeDu
04-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Not the fuse. Any other suggestions? Has anyone done the pin test as listed in the haynes manual? If what did you use, as my leads on my multimeter are too large?