PDA

View Full Version : Iac valve issue

PAYBACK310
04-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Wuts up ep family!!!!

Ok so my cars idle is very low and it has begun to stall out at idle so i took a part the throttle body and cleaned that as well as the iac valve put it back together and still haveing the same issue....my engine light is on ran the codes and its the primary o2 sensor which i just got and will change this weekend...it also tells me a code for the iac valve...does that mean theres no hope for the iac anymore? It has to be replaced now???? Fyi the car runs great when hitting the gas but once i hit a red light maybe 5 out of 10 times it shuts off...and i notice when the car is first turned on in the morning you know how when warming up it starts the idle at like 2k or around there...well not mine soon as i turn it on it stays low.....think i didnt clean it right?? Or what the heck is going on..your thoughts would be very much appreciated thanks

Nickle n Dimin
04-24-2012, 02:16 PM
did you follow this thread in the cleaning

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/content.php?130-Cleaning-the-IAC

PAYBACK310
04-24-2012, 03:29 PM
well i tried it but i didnt have a dremel just cleaned it through the outside...i bought a dremel and will do it again this weekend hopefully it works.....thanks

Nickle n Dimin
04-24-2012, 05:09 PM
I'm having the same problem 2k on start and bouncing idle if i start and go ...also had stalling issues in stop and go traffic but was fixed in k-pro i see me cleaning or purchasing a new iacv in the very near future the cheapest i have seen is from NAPA which may take 3-5 days to order

AKEP
04-28-2012, 01:32 AM
vac leak. what does kpro show MAP at?