PDA

View Full Version : Auto Climate control swap possible?

Jacksond
04-25-2012, 12:38 AM
Ok, so I've been wondering for some time now about the possibility of swapping in the climate control from a JDM/ukdm ep3 into a usdm. Obviously It is possible but has I been done? Where would I go about finding part numbers that pertain to the climate control setup? I am thinking I might be much more cost effective to swap the dc5 climate control into the ep3 seeing as it was standard equipment on rsx's and should be fairly easy to come by. I believe I am up to the task of at peas attempting it but would like a little help finding all of the components involved in the auto climate control function (sensors , motors,etc), and by finding I mostly mean part numbers, as I mentioned I bet the physical components are fairly easy to come by on crsx or in a junkyard or majestic. Please any info would be greatly appreciated, if people can source twenty year old parts from db integras and crx's surely sourcing the swap from a 6 year old usdm car should be a cake walk (relatively speaking of course).

Civic5lug
04-29-2012, 07:41 AM
Moved.

I've never seen it done. I'm not even sure the CTR ever came with the auto climate control option.

Jukka
04-29-2012, 09:59 AM
Yea they did come with an auto climate control setting. The temperature knob actually lists the temperature in degrees C and then on the fan control knob, the first setting is "auto" and then it has the different fan settings like usual.

You could possibly do it, but the one thing I think you're gonna run into is finding a LHD version on the control unit, and finding the temperature sensor for up on the dash. Finding the parts will probably be the hardest thing you're gonna encounter, and will also probably be one of the most expensive parts too. Theres no doubt you can't do it, but I don't think the time and effort will be worth it.

Jacksond
06-10-2012, 12:51 PM
I was honestly looking most into swapping in either rsx unit. Or I recently saw a picture of an Acura with a dash configuration almost identical to ours except it had a "wood grain" cover on it. But the temp knob had numbers and the fan dial had an auto setting. I only got a pic of the dash/steering wheel and not the rest of the car and have had a hard time finding out which car it was. A lot of the dc5 parts are the same as ep3, I'd like to see though if I can get the temp sensor/anything else auto related then get an rsx climate control dial set and either invert it and swap it into ep3 dash or invert it and swap the dial covers with ep3 or uk ep3 to make it seem more clean. Idk maybe it is a pipe dream but I really think Ira an option that should have at least been offered on ours.

fdnyjon
06-24-2012, 07:37 PM
I also wanted to change my center console for the EDM one with the heater controls on top instead of on the sides. Turns out that that one is like controlled by cables instead of electronically which is a bummer because i like that one much more than the one we have. It can be done but you would have to swap out your heater controls and i thinkKK the heater itself.