PDA

View Full Version : Ep3 D2 coilovers

Evilleep3
04-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Whats up everyone? I'm new to the site and have some questions.

Last week I purchased some new D2 coilovers for my ep3. The website says the coilovers have an adjustable perch/body for maximum suspension travel at all times. I recieve the coilovers and the rear isnt. So I proceed to put these on car seeing that everyone gives them a great review. I leave the spring to where it is somewhere compressed to find my car sits so high in the rear! I have 16s and literally had 2 and a half inches of wheel gap. No problem, i lower them to where I have about 3/4 inch left to lower it. Car sits moderately low and looks great. I feel thats why we all buy coilovers. To have a nice ride at a lower stance. My car isnt slammed and it rides like pure crap. I am bouncing all over the place. The spring obviously isnt compressed and I have messed with my dampening all weekend but it's still terrible. The company I bought them from says no refunds or exchanges. I contacted D2 directly and the tech said to remove my bump stop which will make the ride better.

Does anyone else have this issue?? IF not whats your opinion? I just spent $900 on coilovers that ride like crap. I had skunk2 sleeves on stock struts at the same height and they didnt bounce like this.

USAF EP3
04-30-2012, 01:39 PM
Adjust the dampening stiffness. Take the hex key knobs supplied with the coilovers and turn the key all the way left until it stops, that will help with the bouncing.

Evilleep3
04-30-2012, 01:47 PM
As stated in my first post I have. I messed with different dampening settings all weekend. It didn't help.

Evilleep3
04-30-2012, 04:41 PM
Update! I removed the bump stops as the tech at D2 recommended and they are amazing. I couldn't be more happy with the coilovers and I'm glad they were willing to assist my concern!

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
04-30-2012, 05:28 PM
Update! I removed the bump stops as the tech at D2 recommended and they are amazing. I couldn't be more happy with the coilovers and I'm glad they were willing to assist my concern!

good to know, i have d2's and i love them