PDA

View Full Version : Hood sound deadening

bizzle
05-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Does the ep3 usually have sound deadening under the hood? Maybe I suck at searching but I couldn't find any part numbers for it. Mine doesn't have it and I'd like to install some if it's available.

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
05-01-2012, 09:45 AM
From what I've seen no they dont

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

RHCP0801
05-01-2012, 09:58 AM
yea they do come with it stock, at least the 04-05's do, not sure about the 02-03 but my 04 has it

bizzle
05-01-2012, 10:13 AM
yea they do come with it stock, at least the 04-05's do, not sure about the 02-03 but my 04 has it

I have an 05, so it probably used to have it. Anyone have a part number?

ep3k20
05-01-2012, 11:12 AM
ya my 03 had it, but that was the first thing i took off from under the hood when i bought it lol. i think they look like shit when they get all nappy and brownish. plus a nice polished under hood always catches the eye.

ill sell you mine its practically brand new. all clips intact. :mwink:

Pronto
05-01-2012, 01:45 PM
My 02 has one.
Thinking of taking it out, don't think it actually does anything.

ep3k20
05-01-2012, 01:54 PM
My 02 has one.
Thinking of taking it out, don't think it actually does anything.

They "say" that it helps with engine noise levels you hear within the cabin. I say bull cause i noticed zero difference in noise.

As for who "they" are, i'd imagine they are the brits who built our cars

EP3Lov3
05-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Does it protect heat damage or from having the hood warped from heat? Don't hate just curious =)

ep3k20
05-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Well let's be honest, sunlight that hits the metal on your hood is going to in theory get way hotter then a motor will ever get it. The heat given off from a motor, has so many areas to escape in an engine compartment and its not directly touching the hood.

EP3Lov3
05-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Well let's be honest, sunlight that hits the metal on your hood is going to in theory get way hotter then a motor will ever get it. The heat given off from a motor, has so many areas to escape in an engine compartment and its not directly touching the hood.

Good to know =) im taking the sound deadening off, i wanna hear my intake even mooarrrrrrr

ep3k20
05-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Good to know =) im taking the sound deadening off, i wanna hear my intake even mooarrrrrrr

It makes vtec sound like a symphony bro!

EP3Lov3
05-01-2012, 02:53 PM
I'm gonna put a microphone in my engine bay and hook it up to my speakers, shit, I'll just use some headphones so I can only hear vtakkk

Pronto
05-01-2012, 03:24 PM
They "say" that it helps with engine noise levels you hear within the cabin. I say bull cause i noticed zero difference in noise.

As for who "they" are, i'd imagine they are the brits who built our cars

That's exactly what I'm thinking.
Even if it actually does reduce noise from the engine bay, there's no way that you would notice any difference inside the car.

ep3k20
05-01-2012, 03:25 PM
No just make an intake that goes directly into your cabin. make that shit multi-functional tho. have it come in the window (obviously) and make the filter stop right next to an air vent (for those times extra boost or vtec is needed) just flip the a/c on so cold air comes blastin into that bitch. In doing so, your rpm's obviously are gonna go ape shit, bouncing all over the place and then BAM!! it just went from "hey did you hear that?'' to "holy fuck my ear drum just got tongue punched!!" cause the decibel level just shot off the map!

EP3Lov3
05-01-2012, 05:07 PM
No just make an intake that goes directly into your cabin. make that shit multi-functional tho. have it come in the window (obviously) and make the filter stop right next to an air vent (for those times extra boost or vtec is needed) just flip the a/c on so cold air comes blastin into that bitch. In doing so, your rpm's obviously are gonna go ape shit, bouncing all over the place and then BAM!! it just went from "hey did you hear that?'' to "holy fuck my ear drum just got tongue punched!!" cause the decibel level just shot off the map!

LOOOOL you're too funny, kinda funny, I actually did think of putting a computer fan in my intake pipe lol

RHCP0801
05-01-2012, 07:20 PM
I didn't notice any difference when I took mine off except when I leave my hood open it looks a lot cleaner

StimulisRK
05-07-2012, 12:35 PM
I was wondering about this too. I've been thinking about taking it off, cleaning it up, and having my friend do some bubble graffiti.

rd02SiR
05-07-2012, 01:51 PM
i thought it was to help supress a fire. Fire erupts, plastic clips melt, things falls and "drapes" over engine, then "melting"?