PDA

View Full Version : tuning problems

roomclearer
05-02-2012, 04:36 AM
Ok so everyone was right. I'll have kpro tomarrow need a good place close to hook up ecu n dyno. Any help Ty. I keep getting cel code p1298 n p1072 bay one too rich freeze framed at 800 rpm idle. Nothing elec wrong can be found. Replaced eld even. Stalls sometimes when coming to light feels a. Lil hasitation, cat sounds loader n idle drops to 500 n spikes to 1000 then levels off? Wtf is goin on? Could it just be the neo afc n kpro will fix all this? Cuz noone can find any true elec issue to cause the eld code. Could it be the rich code doin all this or is o2 sensor bad or even cat? Help anyone Ty lol

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
05-02-2012, 04:39 AM
First I would remove the neo Afc and only run kpro then go from there

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

roomclearer
05-02-2012, 06:54 AM
yep thats what im thinking n gonna do but idk if i wanna keep goin to these tuners they told me to use neo in first place. its an old catalytic converter too though is putting test pipe in worth it?

AKEP
05-02-2012, 05:31 PM
where are you local to? if anyone tells you to use NEO AFC for the ep3 just leave them alone and find someone else. anyone that believes neo afc is a solution to k series doesn't have any idea what they are talking about. just remove the neo afc and run straight kpro. you got those codes because NEO AFC was lying to the ECU and now the ecu is trying to correct it, but it can't compensate what the NEO AFC is doing. There's a limit to how much fuel the stock ECU can adjust, and because you have NEO AFC lying about the AFR's its throwing the AFC tune off from when you had it dyno'd and trying to compensate for the AFC tuning on the ECU, then you get those codes. Thats why I said to get rid of it, you can't successfully run NEO AFC on a k-series. It will only stay on that tune for maybe a day or so, then you're back to untuned and CEL.

load the stock k20a3 tune (dont use the "dyno tuned" ones, you have cams) and remove AFC. take it to another tuner or PM me and maybe i can help.

megan test pipe might be what you want, you should look into a race header.