PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Club seat rail question

rd02SiR
05-04-2012, 01:27 AM
Question for those of you who have a Buddy Club rail in their car.

I just installed mine and the driver side, right rail doesn't lock. It locks when it's fully back, but not any other position that I've noticed. Is this normal? I thought they were double lock rails?

The left rail "clicks" like an OEM rail, but the right side doesn't lock and has a little bit of play.

The rails came missing the slider bar that you pull on, so I've been using a socket extension to adjust the seat, and I only need to use it on the left rail on the driver, the right side leaver doesn't really seem to do much.

Sent from my awful auto correcting iPhone using Tapatalk

KubaLibre
05-04-2012, 03:01 AM
you are best!

rd02SiR
05-04-2012, 03:17 AM
^wtf??

rd02SiR
05-06-2012, 08:59 AM
So it does supposed to lock on both rails. I guess I was sent a defective set f rails from buddy club.

Bobby
05-06-2012, 11:00 AM
These rails suck. After a while they won't lock. I sent mine in to Buddy Club to get it fixed and still does the same damn thing(2 weeks old). Look at the rail if you see groves(In the rear), it's fucked up contact BC. Ill post pics up of what I'm talking about.

rd02SiR
05-06-2012, 11:05 AM
What do you mean groves in the rear? Rear of the rail? The notches go all the way, front to back of the rail.

The problem was the little piece that goes between the notches. It's not just one tab that goes into the notch, it's more like a slot with two holes in it to hold onto two of the notches. Mine was misaligned and took some time and force to "fix"

It's too much of a hastle to contact bc. To take the rails out and send them in is a pain. I just won't ever adjust it anymore, and never buy a Buddy Club rail.

Jukka
05-12-2012, 08:53 AM
that sucks!, I was actually thinkin about to getting a pair of CL7 recaros and putting them on BC rails, but guess I'll invest in some Bride ones instead.

rd02SiR
05-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Ya i mean, besides that defect, they are a nice rail.

The bride rails run about $230-250 a side.

I might try to find a welder to tack weld the one rail so it won't move.

Jukka
05-14-2012, 08:09 AM
what seats are you running btw?? Do the buddyclub rails work for base mounted seats or just side mounted seats??

rd02SiR
05-14-2012, 08:53 AM
I'm using Bride Vios iii seats. They are side mount. I'm not are if you can mount bottom mounts to these.