b_ron
05-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Drop: ~1.00"
Wheels: 17x8 +38
Tires: 235/45/17
Camber: -1.2 degrees
Gap: 1 finger
Fenders rolled

How bad are tires rubbing on the flat surface of rolled fenders?
It will rub on some minor bumps/imperfections on the road. Just a quick "zzzzzzttt" on the bumps. I haven't drove on the freeway yet with bumps that are worse than the road.
Not sure if just letting it rub and grind down that corner part of the tire will be safe or not.

Thanks

Manny Kid 15
05-05-2012, 08:16 PM
I would get the fenders pulled because if they are rubbing you are wearing the tires down and plus try adding people in the back seats and they will really rub...

If you got your fenders rolled prior to your new wheels you might need a fender adjustment but pretty much sounds like they just have to pull your fenders out some more

b_ron
05-05-2012, 09:44 PM
I don't carry any people in the back. I dont mind if it wears out just that corner of the tire.
Just wondering if its bad, like the fenders warping over time or something.

Manny Kid 15
05-05-2012, 10:57 PM
It's still bad cause if you wear it low enough you might pop a wheel faster and not to mention maybe damaging you fenders...

Like I said before best suggestion I can give you is just to have your fenders pulled out a little further so that you don't have any tire or fender issues

b_ron
05-06-2012, 10:30 AM
I talked to some guys at a shop and they said as long as it hits the flat side of the fender, the worst that can happen is the paint rubbing off from the fender.
If it wasn't rolled and hits the edge, then that could be a problem.

gamma6
05-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Yea so avoid the issue and just roll ur fenders and see if that solves it... Pull if u have to... Or add mor camber since u dont care about ur tires wearing out

b_ron
05-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Fenders are already rolled. I might just have to deal with it for now.
When I have time, I'll probably raise my car up a tad bit. The most expensive fix would be to get new smaller tires all around.

How do people pull fenders?

Manny Kid 15
05-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Honestly bro pulling your fenders is a quick fix to it and relatively cheap compared to getting smaller tires... If you already rolled your fenders then just go and get a pull and call it a day

mitchlikesbikes
05-06-2012, 07:25 PM
light pull and possibly add a tid bit more camber if necessary. good to know that that's the only rubbing on my future wheel/tire setup:D

b_ron
05-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Honestly bro pulling your fenders is a quick fix to it and relatively cheap compared to getting smaller tires... If you already rolled your fenders then just go and get a pull and call it a day

Just need to find someone local that could do it for me for cheap.

light pull and possibly add a tid bit more camber if necessary. good to know that that's the only rubbing on my future wheel/tire setup:D

Glad I could be your guinea pig :)

Manny Kid 15
05-06-2012, 08:16 PM
If its just the rears it should be around 40-50 bucks maybe less since all they have to do is just pull it out slightly

mitchlikesbikes
05-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Glad I could be your guinea pig :)

:amen:

b_ron
05-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Well now I'm facing my old enemy with my suspension shifting again. Driver side is about a half inch lower, even with the same amount of threads on both sides.