PDA

View Full Version : puttin my trans back in

spartan
05-07-2012, 11:34 PM
so a few weeks ago as some of you may know my tranny took a shit.
i finally got it back today. im hoping to start putting it back in tomorrow.
the only thing i am concerned about is when i was removing it i was doing it in a hurry.
i have a lot of bolts that i have no idea go where.
what would you guys recommend i do to make sure all these bolts go back where they belong in the shortest amount of time.

AKEP
05-08-2012, 04:00 AM
take them out and put them in a labeled baggie next time. lol

ohdamngetit
05-08-2012, 08:21 AM
take them out and put them in a labeled baggie next time. lol

I did this when I replaced my blown motor haha omg, did it save me!

AttarixEp
05-08-2012, 09:20 AM
It's pretty easy. They are different lengths. So putting one in one hole may be too long or too short, then you know it doesn't go there. The ones of the same length? It doesn't matter. There's only a few main bolts, so just dig in and you will see how it fits back together.

spartan
05-08-2012, 03:37 PM
It's pretty easy. They are different lengths. So putting one in one hole may be too long or too short, then you know it doesn't go there. The ones of the same length? It doesn't matter. There's only a few main bolts, so just dig in and you will see how it fits back together.

Yea I guess I should be patient but I might just have someone else do it.
But then again I'm not working right now so I should do it. Haha.

spartan
05-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Does anyone know if a trans case an all the internals can me recycled? I was gonna sell it but its 2. Different transmissions an idk what is what. So I wanna see if I can make some money by recycling it.

AttarixEp
05-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Does anyone know if a trans case an all the internals can me recycled? I was gonna sell it but its 2. Different transmissions an idk what is what. So I wanna see if I can make some money by recycling it.

Separate it into all of its parts. You will get more for it, otherwise you get a hazard materials cost which is a lot lower than separating all the pieces.

spartan
05-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Separate it into all of its parts. You will get more for it, otherwise you get a hazard materials cost which is a lot lower than separating all the pieces.

Ok cool that's what I did today. Do I take it to the same place I recycle cans?

spartan
05-09-2012, 09:00 PM
started today an already ran into problems. I'm missing some tansmission bolts an i have no idea how i lost them. also missing a nuts and not sure which bolt goes thru mount.

cyllarus
05-13-2012, 05:59 AM
should find / use the Honda service manual, it will walk you through the entire process step by step including torque specs.

as far as the bolts: there are 6
2 LONG 17MM that are on the back side of the motor
4 slightly shorter 17MMs, 2 on the top of motor, and 1 on the front side.