PDA

View Full Version : a3 JRSC on a k24a1?

gtecd20
05-10-2012, 01:06 PM
is this even possible to make the a3 street JR fit onto a k24a1?
ive dont some searching but havnt really found success storys of this

PAPITUYO326
05-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Yes. It fits just like an a3 jrsc on a k24a2.

There was a user in Arizona who had a nice k24a1 with a3 jrsc kicking some serious ass back in 05 or 06. I think it put down 265 or something on 8-9 lbs, without methanol or aftercooling and an oem TB.

Sadly all that was lost with the crash.

gtecd20
05-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Wish I could find the thread on that not much anywhere but I think that might be my next setup just wanted to make sure I wouldn't have toget rid of the jrsc

02_epdriver
05-10-2012, 11:05 PM
This will be the setup I building right now. I will be using the type s blower though and stil thinking about upgrading to a m90x or a twin screw. I'm building my motor though. K24a1 with and 09 TSX bottom end with BC parts in the head. It will take time but will come together. Slowly but surely

PAPITUYO326
05-10-2012, 11:24 PM
EP3 JRSC fits on there perfectly. The Type S one is a tight fit.

02_epdriver
05-10-2012, 11:39 PM
EP3 JRSC fits on there perfectly. The Type S one is a tight fit.

Would you suggest the ep one and get the methanol over the after cooler. I'm still trying to learn and research before I buy the blower but I still have plenty of engine work to do.

PAPITUYO326
05-11-2012, 08:04 AM
EP ones tend to sell for alot less. If I were doing it fresh right now, I would do the following

Get Ep3 JRSC kit
Install Meth
Install a revised JRSC intake plenum
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=808978&highlight=
Port Match to large TB (72-74mm)

See what results you get. You can always make the switch to the DC5 (or custom) manifold and everything else will still bolt up.

02_epdriver
05-11-2012, 11:27 AM
EP ones tend to sell for alot less. If I were doing it fresh right now, I would do the following

Get Ep3 JRSC kit
Install Meth
Install a revised JRSC intake plenum
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=808978&highlight=
Port Match to large TB (72-74mm)

See what results you get. You can always make the switch to the DC5 (or custom) manifold and everything else will still bolt up.

Cool, Dave I will look into this.

gtecd20
05-11-2012, 12:29 PM
im glad my JRSC wont go to waste at all i think for cost reasons the k24a1 will be my choice since also in the future i can put an a2 head and get some nice gains but i will love the torque increase

one question tho idk if this is the right place
but when i try and take off or even gas up from first
my steering wheel tends to turn alot so pretty hard to have a nice take off
does this get corrected by better tires something else?
i do have some cheap tires called triangle on them right now

superchargedk20
05-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Ur gona need kpro for the street kit on a k24. I dont think the power card will supply enough fuel

willy_akino
05-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Yes. It fits just like an a3 jrsc on a k24a2.

There was a user in Arizona who had a nice k24a1 with a3 jrsc kicking some serious ass back in 05 or 06. I think it put down 265 or something on 8-9 lbs, without methanol or aftercooling and an oem TB.

Sadly all that was lost with the crash.

Did he happen to be this guy ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-iqxpVnmIE

PAPITUYO326
05-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Might be him. It was this guy:
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14280

Unfortunately he posted most of his stuff here, back before k20a.org blew up.

TheBestUkester
06-01-2012, 03:40 PM
im glad my JRSC wont go to waste at all i think for cost reasons the k24a1 will be my choice since also in the future i can put an a2 head and get some nice gains but i will love the torque increase

one question tho idk if this is the right place
but when i try and take off or even gas up from first
my steering wheel tends to turn alot so pretty hard to have a nice take off
does this get corrected by better tires something else?
i do have some cheap tires called triangle on them right now

its called torque steer, or bump steer. Mot much you can do about it. I'm pretty sure an LSD would help allot, but still isn't perfect. Welcome to FWD.

BTW, I'm in the SE Valley, silver Ep with JRSC as well. Also planning out a K241 closer to what PAPITUYO326 is talking about. I am going to go a step further though, and also get the MercRacing aftercooler setup and a DC5 intake manifold. Meth+inlet+manifold+K24a1+BC cams, and a few other goodies. Should be good times.

04SiSpeed
07-14-2012, 05:52 AM
i kno this is a different motor but will it work on this one too, a k20a. I am possibly in the market to aquire a a3 jrsc but wanted to make sure it will still bolt up to the A head. Thanks guys. Didnt want to start a new thread for like the same topic

differentK
07-14-2012, 08:19 AM
the EP JRSC should fit not problem on the k24- might need the adapter plate for the intake manifold but other than that it will work. i am using the EP JRSC on a k24a2 with meth- its alot of fun. Regarding that Merc Racing inlet- i dont think they make one for the EP JRSC- only for the RSX/ 06civic si JRSC kit.

03Si757
07-15-2012, 05:06 AM
This will most def work, a ex-local here and a fellow ephatcher had a si kit on his k24a1 swap and it was so smooth, was running on a self tuned street tune aswell and thing was quick. Ran with a later model S/C Mustang GT. Its actually strait forward, the only minor issues I noticed was the hood rest on the manifold slightly, nothing serious at all, and he had to use extra spacer washers behind the fuel rail. His account name on here is Ba82Ep3, Hit him up he can probably lead you in the right direction. Oh and there is also currently another local that is running the ep3 setup in his ep, mind you he has it swapped to a k24 hybrid build, but he loves it, and very minor minor install issues. Also both were running this setup with a modded OEM belt tensioner, i dont have much knowledge on how its modded but look into that aswell. And one more peice of info, finding a belt may be a slight issue aswell, bef play with the belts and im sure you can find one.

Ba82Ep3
07-19-2012, 12:00 AM
is this even possible to make the a3 street JR fit onto a k24a1?
ive dont some searching but havnt really found success storys of this

Yes... its a bolt on affair. Period. The k24a1 head is very similar to the k20a3 head... the only issue you might have will be the k24a1 water passage can make installation difficult. Its nothing a die grinder cant fix IF you even have the issue. My JRSC barely touched the hood webbing, giving the nature of cars and manufacturing variances... there is no guarantee you will or will not have an issue. You just wont know until you install it.

Ba82Ep3
07-19-2012, 12:02 AM
Ran with a later model S/C Mustang GT...

Bro... that Stang was nasty... :meek:

Blah1219
07-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Yes... its a bolt on affair. Period. The k24a1 head is very similar to the k20a3 head... the only issue you might have will be the k24a1 water passage can make installation difficult. Its nothing a die grinder cant fix IF you even have the issue. My JRSC barely touched the hood webbing, giving the nature of cars and manufacturing variances... there is no guarantee you will or will not have an issue. You just wont know until you install it.

Wow! You're alive!

Ba82Ep3
07-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Its been a rough 6 months... but im still lurkin...

1GR8EP3
07-20-2012, 12:52 AM
Wow! You're alive!
lol I was just thinking the same thing... BA MY DUDE!!! haha