PDA

View Full Version : new clutch???

los
05-10-2012, 03:50 PM
hey whats up i need a lil help ive had my ep for about 5 years now 130k miles on it and i never changed the clutch. i recently started getting lag when throttling. what i mean is when im fully off the clutch my rpms go up a lil bit but my car is not moving accordingly with the rmp then the rpm drops and my car responds and moves i was wondering if its the clutch going out or something else. if it is a clutch can someone direct me to a place i can order something aftermarket with some performance to it but not track level

USAF EP3
05-10-2012, 04:40 PM
That sounds like a clutch on it's way out my good sir!

If you want to really verify, put the car in 4th or 5th gear while going around 25-30 MPH, punch the throttle and if the revs go up and the car isn't going anywhere then it's your clutch.

Check the vendor section of the forums, CorSportUSA has a large selection of OEM replacement and entry level clutches to choose from.

los
05-10-2012, 08:09 PM
thanks usaf i kinda figured but wanted to verify befor i go buy it an ill ook in the vendors i gotta figure out where its at i been on the forum for a while but dont really use it often so im not to good navigating through it but ill find it thanks

cyllarus
05-13-2012, 05:55 AM
Good luck.

If your interested I have a stock ep3 flywheel and clutch with some life left on it that i'd let go for very cheap.

Overal, changing the clutc is a huge job..

You basically have to all but take out the engine to disconnect the trany ( remove subframe and all but one motor mount )