PDA

View Full Version : Air/Fuel all over the place on decel

Slip_Angle
05-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Interesting problem. I noticed today that my A/F ratios were all over the place on deceleration when in gear. Injectors should be off. I believe TPS was at 0. When I noticed I decided to monitor A/F in open loop and saw it was normal then it would go rich then normal.

Oh, and I have a high idle ~1200rpm.

Possibly O2 sensor or TPS?

MajorJones
05-10-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm having the same issue. cant figure it out either. Bump for some help!

Slip_Angle
05-10-2012, 08:06 PM
I'm having the same issue. cant figure it out either. Bump for some help!

Exact same issue? I did a datalog tonight and couldn't entirely replicate it but I did see A/F goto 22.x on decel vs 32.x that is normal. I also noticed the TPS completely drop out for 1/10th of a second on a WOT run. IE: 100% to 0% and back to 100%.

bluedemonep3
05-10-2012, 08:42 PM
I had a similar problem, ended up being my air/fuel sensor

cyllarus
05-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Slip.. Running your KAL right now as a base tune and am not having any of the AF / TPS / Idle issues you're reporting.

So far the only changes I've mad are ticking up the Idle vavle duty cycle two notches, and changing the rev limit.

I think your issue sounds like your TPS, since on decel in gear im showing a stead 32.x AF on your tune.

AKEP
05-12-2012, 08:16 PM
send me your datalog? mugenep3@gmail.com - vac should be lower than -22 to -24, duty cycle will go to 0 and a/f will shoot to 32 until your vac/tps/idle is normal speed and your a/f will go back to 14.7

Slip_Angle
05-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Slip.. Running your KAL right now as a base tune and am not having any of the AF / TPS / Idle issues you're reporting.

So far the only changes I've mad are ticking up the Idle vavle duty cycle two notches, and changing the rev limit.

I think your issue sounds like your TPS, since on decel in gear im showing a stead 32.x AF on your tune.

I changed my TPS with a K-Tuned TPS and I still see the dropouts, however there are much fewer...

Good stuff. Does the tune work ok? IE: Decent power? Send me a 2nd gear 2000-8000 rpm datalog and I'll graph it for power. Make sure there is little wind and a flat, smooth road.

Slip_Angle
05-13-2012, 10:11 AM
send me your datalog? mugenep3@gmail.com - vac should be lower than -22 to -24, duty cycle will go to 0 and a/f will shoot to 32 until your vac/tps/idle is normal speed and your a/f will go back to 14.7

Will do. The more eyes the better. Hondata looked at it and said it may be the TPS as well. See post above.