PDA

View Full Version : whats a good alignment for my new setup

o2ep3
05-14-2012, 08:56 AM
im getting ready to start a overhaul on my suspension and need to know what would be a good alignment. new parts are dc5 aluminum front control arms with pci spherical bearings, king motorsports ball joint adapter, hardrace roll center adj ball joints with camber bolts on Tein ss coilovers, been on a while looking to rebuild in future, and em civic 15.2mm front sway. Type R 22mm rear sway with es swaybar bushings. skunk2 rear lca with carbing rear lower bar, ingalls rear camber kit.

cow
05-14-2012, 10:43 AM
Much of what's considered a "good alignment" depends on how you like your car to handle.

:::edit:::

Assuming you're looking for a 'track' or autox alignment. If you're just looking for tire life, someone here will have good information.

o2ep3
05-14-2012, 03:03 PM
looking for mainly track and auto x but some weekend driving as well. im not looking to eat tires but get at least a season or two out of a set of tires.

Zzyzx
05-15-2012, 12:31 PM
looking for mainly track and auto x but some weekend driving as well. im not looking to eat tires but get at least a season or two out of a set of tires.

toe eats tires significantly quicker then camber settings, so aim to keep that within OEM spec. Otherwise, a minimum of -2 deg camber on the nose for your use. -2.5 to -3 would be preferred, but this is still a street car so compromises may need to be made. For the rear end, I'd aim for -.5 to -1 deg.

for toe, as mentioned above, keep it within OEM spec, but that does not mean you can't favor toe in or out... on the nose aim for toe out. for the rear aim for toe in initially, then tune the rear toe to adjust the cars oversteer/understeer balance.

o2ep3
05-15-2012, 02:17 PM
thanks man good advice ill keep you posted as i set it up.