PDA

View Full Version : Solid motor mounts?

Powers
05-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Im aiming on picking up some innovative motor mounts end of month. I personally don't mind a rough ride at all hell my other vehicle is a 95 jeep wrangler with solid axles and leaf springs on all four corners...and I delievered pizza in it and DD it. Mainly I am wondering exactly how much or how bad would the vibrations be. Is it a horrible idea to DD on solid motor mounts in the ep? :mbiggrin:

Nickle n Dimin
05-16-2012, 05:08 PM
i dd with billet 75a innovative (or track) with no problems, vibrations are noticeable from stock... depending on how you drive and your power you may want something different

MugenReplica
05-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Why do want solid mounts? If you want solid, just weld the mounts to the locations......

*Personally if I wanted as solid as possible I'd go 85+. My opinion though.

Blue03Si
05-16-2012, 05:40 PM
I would assume its like most poly mounts. You only get more vibration at idle an with the AC on. When the car is in motion you can barely tell the difference.

Nickle n Dimin
05-16-2012, 06:05 PM
yes vibrations on idle are noticeable although while moving you cant tell, front end is stiff on cornering anything that can vibrate like loose interior will rattle like the radio mounting kit for instance

Powers
05-16-2012, 07:33 PM
I may do this then. I saw on hybrid racings site they offer the innovative mounts with a solid option. Man reason I want solid motor mounts is just to get as much power as possible to the ground and stiffen up the front end as much as possible. I'm going to be getting some spherical bearings for the LCA's from password jdm as well.

RHCP0801
05-16-2012, 07:59 PM
what do you have done to your motor? I wouldn't bother with solid mounts if you just have an a3, putting that power to the ground wont help much at all because it already can with stock mounts

Powers
05-17-2012, 03:41 AM
For now I have the a3. Im working on getting a k24a1/k20z3 frank together for it though.

Blue03Si
05-17-2012, 08:11 AM
For now I have the a3. Im working on getting a k24a1/k20z3 frank together for it though.

What transmission are you going to be using in that setup? If you'll be using your stock 5-speed then a better way to put power to the ground now is to get and LSD installed in it. You'll have an easier time installing motor mounts if you have transmission work done too since you need to drop the sub-frame to get the transmission out. If you're gong to go with a different transmission i'd just get a set of ESMMs for now and worry about getting an entire mount kit for when you do the swap.

superchargedk20
05-17-2012, 08:54 AM
Go with avids. But u dont really need mounts untill u start making more power.

Blah1219
05-17-2012, 11:01 AM
What I see commonly for DD drivers are going with 75a for all three mounts and 65a for the front mount. It's gives it alittle edge. I don't understand why get full solid mounts if you're not pushing 600+ whp. I'm going with that setup and I think it will be ideal for all my future mods (forced induction).

iDom
05-31-2012, 06:46 PM
I have the 75a innovative mounts and a k24a2 swap and it vibrates something fierce.. Let's just say, your girlfriend will be horny once you get to wherever it is you're going and your friends will hate you.

Butttt, I have my exhaust bolted right up to my header, no spring or any give. The header got raised a little bit and it barely fits on there.. That may be a large part of it. In kpro I'd raise idle to 1,000. It vibrates way less at about that. And accelerating it doesn't feel bad at all but in gear and slowing down foot off the throttle it's like a massaging chair haha. Again, this could be my exhaust. Idk.

Powers
05-31-2012, 07:26 PM
I have the 75a innovative mounts and a k24a2 swap and it vibrates something fierce.. Let's just say, your girlfriend will be horny once you get to wherever it is you're going and your friends will hate you.

Butttt, I have my exhaust bolted right up to my header, no spring or any give. The header got raised a little bit and it barely fits on there.. That may be a large part of it. In kpro I'd raise idle to 1,000. It vibrates way less at about that. And accelerating it doesn't feel bad at all but in gear and slowing down foot off the throttle it's like a massaging chair haha. Again, this could be my exhaust. Idk.

Yup thats the exact feel im going for. By the way I am very jealous of your k24 swap. If it was a a1 block instead of a2 youd have the exact motor i need.

iDom
05-31-2012, 10:07 PM
Yup thats the exact feel im going for. By the way I am very jealous of your k24 swap. If it was a a1 block instead of a2 youd have the exact motor i need.

I don't know if i'd be jealous.. My swap is causing me some stress right now. Just a bunch of little things I gotta address. I may have an issue with my oil pump = engine needs pulled/dropped = boned.

Blah1219
06-01-2012, 03:23 AM

Wellll shiiit.. I'm going to have the 75a innovatives on a vtec killer build. This is going to be interesting with my Megan coilovers..

Powers
06-01-2012, 05:54 AM
I don't know if i'd be jealous.. My swap is causing me some stress right now. Just a bunch of little things I gotta address. I may have an issue with my oil pump = engine needs pulled/dropped = boned.

Still jealous. I feel you on the stress thing. My jeeps motor swap did the samething to me. But your always going to have bugs to work out when putting a motor in a car that it was not intended to be in.